+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Oh gee, another Takahashi game which will inevitably be slashed at 1/4 it's originally envisioned premise during development.

Needless to say, going to pre-order this asap.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

While watching the first thing that struck me was why people in video games have to run like jerks, BUT THEN I SAW that the armor changes on characters are actually reflected and that is something I've obsessed about in RPGs for fucking ever.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    While watching the first thing that struck me was why people in video games have to run like jerks, BUT THEN I SAW that the armor changes on characters are actually reflected and that is something I've obsessed about in RPGs for fucking ever.
    The running/jumping animation does look very stiff, I'm not sure why they made it this way. It's not like I can't overlook it if the rest of the game is good, but it can't be that hard to make a better animation.

Old Merits
    BG Level

New, possibly spoiler-ish TV commercial out:

Spoiler: show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj2d5k5_75Y
    - woman in the commercial is JPOP group AKB48 member Mayu Watanabe
    - Watanabe will appear in more commercials for the game
    - the name of this spot is "Body of a Machine"
    - the song featured is the Xenoblade end theme song
    - Watanabe's line in the commercial translates roughly into "I want you to use this body as much as you want."
    - Nintendo says that phrase has great significance in the game

Old Merits
    BG Level

Why do I have the feeling they're going to ruin this game with some gimmick using the wiimote in the battle system?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

inc more broken TVs, Nintendo should just release The Official Nintendo Wii Bulletproof portable Screen! in 32' 48' 52' and 64' sizes.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    inc more broken TVs, Nintendo should just release The Official Nintendo Wii Bulletproof portable Screen! in 32' 48' 52' and 64' sizes.
    lol ya because those are portable sized screens.

Old Merits
    BG Level

New trailer:

Game is out next Thursday in Japan. Already has a score from Famitsu, got 36/40 with straight 9s across all reviewers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn them, those things @1.50 look almost like some E.S lol D:

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

looks like something that was originally developed for the PS2, but got held back..

mouth movements are hysterical going to laugh if they are not adjusted for US release.

it's still called Monado in the US right? I forget when teh US release is supposed to be, I think the end of the summer.

also the haircuts/facial hair reminds me of FF12, even though the character models aren't as nice. Environments look fantastic though

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias View Post
    New trailer:
    Game is out next Thursday in Japan. Already has a score from Famitsu, got 36/40 with straight 9s across all reviewers.
    A 3rd party game that doesnt suck on the wii? That's rare. >_>

Well, since Nintendo is the main shareholder now, I guess it could almost count as a 1st party.

looks like something that was originally developed for the PS2, but got held back..

mouth movements are hysterical going to laugh if they are not adjusted for US release.

Who cares. He went all out on the graphic with Xenosaga and couldn't finish the game because of this. I would take toned down graphic any day over a games where half of the story is removed.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Who cares. He went all out on the graphic with Xenosaga and couldn't finish the game because of this. I would take toned down graphic any day over a games where half of the story is removed.
    Xenosaga broke my fat ps2, burned the laser out, and I still haven't finished it, always get bored half way though.

anyhow just simply stating it looks a little out dated, I'm still teetering on the fence weather or not to purchase or gamefry.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Xenosaga broke my fat ps2, burned the laser out, and I still haven't finished it, always get bored half way though.

anyhow just simply stating it looks a little out dated, I'm still teetering on the fence weather or not to purchase or gamefry.
    You should, the story is great when everything start falling in place. ;/ Episode 3 has to be one of my favorite rpg.

Anyway, the model do look dated, but the environment look better than a ps2 game for sure. Considering the game is supposed to be relatively huge, is on wii, and probably won't sell more than 300k copy, it's passable. As long the character models are good enough to convey emotion, the rest is just bonus for me.

I don't mind the ps2-ish look. I just want good gameplay/characters/story/music lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Game is out in Japan, here are a couple of videos. First one is the game's opening, the next two are just walking around what are probably the beginning areas. No cutscenes or story bits in the last two videos, so there aren't really any spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6jyC74liSc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbUyYvPtHA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v00DGXlZdCc

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

watching the game play videos, to me it looks like its trying to give a MMO feel to the free roam environment, which is cool.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

those crawlers in the last video are straight out of vana'diel.

I like the looks of the game so far. the environments seem pretty expansive.

36/40 is very good news, I had high hopes for this game but didn't want to get too excited. I'll have to see if I can dig up a translation of the review, or at least some comments - I want to hear what they thought and why.

edit: so in my research I come across this little tidbit of information...

Xenogears - 31/40
    Xenosaga I & II - 31/40
    Xenosaga Episode I - 32/40
    Xenosaga Episode III - 32/40
    Xenosaga Episode II - 33/40

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And thus is begins.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    those crawlers in the last video are straight out of vana'diel.

I like the looks of the game so far. the environments seem pretty expansive.

36/40 is very good news, I had high hopes for this game but didn't want to get too excited. I'll have to see if I can dig up a translation of the review, or at least some comments - I want to hear what they thought and why.

edit: so in my research I come across this little tidbit of information...

Xenogears - 31/40
    Xenosaga I & II - 31/40
    Xenosaga Episode I - 32/40
    Xenosaga Episode III - 32/40
    Xenosaga Episode II - 33/40
    Famitsu gave FFXII and Nintendogs a 40/40. Nuff' said.

Nobody should pay attention to review scores anyways.