+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Xenogears did such a number on people that they can't hear Xeno in a game title without being instantly disappointed it isn't Xenogears.

Thank goodness I played the game post-nostalgia.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Xenogears did such a number on people that they can't hear Xeno in a game title without being instantly disappointed it isn't Xenogears.

I played Xenogears before playing Xenosaga and just went with the mindset that it's not the same game and enjoyed the Xenosaga series. Except episode 2. I'll be doing the same with Xenoblade.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Xenosaga had Fei in it. Kinda. Was a cutscene.
    Fei lookalike, not Fei

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Fei lookalike, not Fei
    Eh abel, close enough!
    xenosaga spoilers
    Spoiler: show
    Chaos tosses him into a dimension which I assume is where xenogears takes place. Although it's been awhile since I have played this so I could be wrong

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Fei lookalike, not Fei
    Shouldnt we just call it Abel, like that kid in XG who was onboard a ship carying the Zohar and Omega prototype (Deus mainframe), and was also Fei's descendant.

XS and XG were so close to each other it doesn't take a great deal of imagination to see where they took a different route and imagine what could link them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Shouldnt we just call it Abel, like that kid in XG who was onboard a ship carying the Zohar and a prototype for Omega (Deus mainframe), and was also Fei's descendant.
    Of course, but I considered it a spoiler (well even the bit posted already was a spoiler...) and wanted to avoid it

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post

Goddamn right, and proud of it. <3

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The game is called XENOblade mostly because of it's creator Tetsuya Takahashi. The game was called Monado: Beginning of the World. But changed it when they saw how Takahashi was pouring his "soul" into the game, much like he had on the Xeno series.

So, I wouldn't expect ANY of the usual Xeno stuff except maybe a cameo. But I haven't heard anything about that yet.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It all depends on EU bros buying their release for it to come to murika

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-...--208510.phtml

Nintendo of America watching Xenoblade 'very closely'
    Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has dripfed a bit more hope to JRPG fans like the cruel little sausage that he is, stating that Xenoblade may yet come to North America if "business opportunities" are there. He said he's watching Xenoblade's performance in Europe to gauge its worth.

"We will be watching very closely what happens in Europe," he said of the game. "Certainly if there are business opportunities and positive consumer uptake from some of those titles, that will be great data for us to consider as we look at what to do with these titles."

There you go. It all hinges on Europe which means ... we're screwed!

Seriously though, it's still a shame that Nintendo of America is ignoring a whole bunch of games. It makes little sense to me why Nintendo won't at least produce these games in limited quantities, since the Wii has so few titles on the horizon and at least one of them is already localized for Europe. Right now, the Wii's going to go out with a whimper rather than a bang, and it's mostly Nintendo of America's doing.

pfft they had their chance to take my money, now i'm just gonna download it when it comes out in europe.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by sade3437 View Post
    pfft they had their chance to take my money, now i'm just gonna download it when it comes out in europe.
    This.

Nintendo can go fuck themselves, they'll never get a fucking dime out of me ever again. They had their chance with this, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. Instead they want to feed us bullshit like they're too busy with "Kirby."

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

now that we all agree to download instead of buying from NoA are there any guides/links to do it?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Not sure if posted yet..

Out next week btw.

Gah I can't wait to be able to actually read the quests! I am crossing my fingers that an undub will be possible. Playing through the JP version on the Wii just to get used to it again. Cannot wait.

The hunt begins...

It is out there in the wild.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Never used Dolphin but you can make the wiimote work on pc for it or the classic controller?

If your computer has Bluetooth functionality then it is not too hard to setup apparently. I don't have it on my laptop, so I would have to get a bluetooth dongle to use my Wiimote. I actually just mapped out the buttons on my 360 controller and it is no different (and far more comfortable) than the classic controller.

Here is the page I had bookmarked a while back for info on getting the wiimote setup: How to Bluetooth your Wiimote as well as this page on the Dolphin site.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll have to buy a eternal bluetooth thing then. Thanks.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Xenosaga had Fei in it. Kinda. Was a cutscene.
    Had Elly too. I think most of the people who disliked XS would have loved it if it had a different name. Same for Chrono Cross.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Had Elly too. I think most of the people who disliked XS would have loved it if it had a different name. Same for Chrono Cross.
    I always felt the same way too. Some of the few cases where the name of a franchise brought down it's legacy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast