Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    DELETE NOPON FROM XENOBLADE!
    How DARE you! Riki is heropon!

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Series would be better without those shit tier moogles. I've hated every last one.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Series would be better without those shit tier moogles. I've hated every last one.
    Listen, every Xeno game had some ass tier unit, at least Nopons are better than that Chuchu bitch from Xenogears.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What about Xenosaga? That was ages ago but I think MOMO was the weakest, but still had some good use? I also didn't use Ziggy much if not necessary, but that's more of a style preference.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Hey Riki was the man! The Nopon just turned cancerous in XC2 like the rest of that game.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Hey Riki was the man! The Nopon just turned cancerous in XC2 like the rest of that game.

I'll suffer no badmouthing of Zeke, Pandoria and their turtle.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post

No, he really wasn't. He was and insufferable character with great skills, and then there was fucking Tatsu.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Trying to avoid trailers about this just in case they show too much about added stuff since I want to be surprised, but have they mentioned anything about changing character balance? I remember basically feeling forced to use certain characters for harder stuff in the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You're safe to watch this until almost the end if you want, there's a clear skip to a section about the new scenario.

Anyway, I don't think we've heard anything about any balance changes or any modifications to the gameplay aside from the new interface.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Trying to avoid trailers about this just in case they show too much about added stuff since I want to be surprised, but have they mentioned anything about changing character balance? I remember basically feeling forced to use certain characters for harder stuff in the game.
    You're not forced, but certain characters are certainly OP. However all the content in the game can be cleared with most party setups. I'd like a rebalance too, but I'm sure too many people would cry.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All the characters are fairly OP, to be honest. Exception being Sharla. Their A.I. on the other hand can be poor (Melia + Shulk. If you're not controlling Shulk, turn off his arte that reduces his HP by 25%. He will spam this. If you're not controlling Melia, don't bother putting her into your party)

• Shulk has his OP Monado artes, and Back Slash. Bad A.I.

• Reyn is actually really powerful and not just for tanking. Between aggro control, topple, high single target DPS, he's quite good. Good A.I.

• Dunban is pretty busted. Evasion tank while still dealing full damage. Good A.I.

• Sharla kind of just sucks. You don't really need a full time healer in this game. Her damage is also very poor. She's really only good in low level challenges where you focus on Ether setups (Melia, Riki, Sharla or Melia, Sharla, Reyn). A.I. is fine for her role.

• Riki is pretty lol. He's a jack of all trades, but really good at them all. He can main heal, has party utility with charging the battle gauge. Can lolSteal. He's mainly Ether DPS, which also doesn't take as much of a hit due to being underleveled. He can also contribute to chain attacks with his Red physicals. He can also semi-tank due to his high HP. His A.I. is quite good.

• Melia: Probably the strongest character in the game. She's not as easy to use as others, but she is busted beyond belief, especially if you get the proper gems (poison+, burn+, freeze+). Her DoT are insane. Thunder > Copy > Fire > Earth > Ice > Thunder > repeat is pretty much her rotation. You want to always have 2 Thunders stored, since they massively increase her Ether, which makes all her DoT hit harder. It melts everything in the game. She also has party utility if you plan to use her that way. AoE DEF+, AGI+, STR+, etc. Shitty healing. Beyond terrible A.I. She's kind of the queen of low level challenges (if you choose not to topple lock). Terrible A.I.. Don't use if you aren't controlling her.

• Last character is busted as well, and between them and Dunban is what allows all the OP setups to occur. All critical hits turn into double attacks. All double attacks turn into heals. There actual DPS is quite high, and they're very easy to use. Unlike the other characters, they're more of an auto-attack DPS, while buffing themselves with their auras. They do have the option of Ether DPS as well, but it's not as good. A.I. is decent.

If they can fix Shulk and Melia A.I. a bit, it'd be much more solid.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Riki was my tank for the final boss

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Reminder this comes out on Friday. Also, why does this come out on Friday and NOT TODAAAAAAAAAY?!??!

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I seriously hope i get my Works edition, i preordered it a while back from gamestop.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Does this game have any of the stupid friendship or quest blocks that Xenoblade Chronicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (DLC) had? I never finished either of those because of them. Needing to spend 5hours+ to grind friendship in Xenobladee Chronicles just to progress the story was a terrible game decision.