Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nub     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Nub

Hello, looking to get back into this before Cataclysm comes out. Wanting to level a Worgen when it comes out. So an Alliance guild would be best.

I'm fairly nub. Highest level character I have is a 45 Undead Warlock (Echo Isles), whom I am willing to move to another server and/or faction. Or create a new character from scratch.

I only have Burning Crusade at the moment, but will be buying WotLK this weekend. (I could make a Death Knight after reaching 50 on any server/faction.)

Just really looking for a mature guild with people willing to show me the ropes so to speak as I have been out of the game for a very long time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I forgot to add something very important, a little information about myself.

I'm generally a talker in guild chat and what not. In vent I tend to keep it quiet unless the guild is putzing around. I don't like to talk over people while they are doing something important like dungeons or boss encounters.

Played FFXI for a very long time. Then tried this out, but most of my linkshell mates didn't move over to WoW so I stopped playing for a while. Then I joined Warhammer, and have been playing that until recently. The guild I was in was excellent and it really is the guild alone that kept me there. But honestly the games lack of expanding itself has given it a stagnant feel. So I am looking for something to keep me engaged.

A couple of friends irl will be getting cataclysm so I'll have some people to hang out with eventually.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Hope you find a good guild.

It's actually 55 to unlock a Death Knight, if I'm not mistaken.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks Tonko

Well since no ones really looking to teach a nub so far, can I at least get some tips on where to level from 45 to 55?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

google leveling guide, do the first one that pops up

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    Thanks Tonko

Well since no ones really looking to teach a nub so far, can I at least get some tips on where to level from 45 to 55?
    Level in either Tanaris or Blasted Lands, and constantly be in a random dungeon or BG queue. Easy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Don't go to Blasted lands, there is fuck all for horde to do out there.

Tanaris/Hinterlands 45-50 ~> Felwood/Ungoro 51/52+

from 51+ you can leech Alterac Valley XP if horde wins in that bracket regularly.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Did I say Blasted Lands? I meant Searing Gorge.

Banned.

BG Level

Or use the random dungeon tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Or use the random dungeon tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Level in either Tanaris or Blasted Lands, and constantly be in a random dungeon or BG queue. Easy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks guys, I did some Random Dungeon stuff last night. Which was pretty fun. Took me a bit to find how to do it. lol But a bit of stumbling around my UI trying to remember what everything was and I got it.

I'm sure the people I did dungeons with were like this Warlock sucks. lol Took me a bit to get back into my grove. Still rusty.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So these Glyph thingies are pretty neat.
    I'm a Destruction Warlock, so I am thinking of getting the Conflagurate and the Improved Immolation Major Glyphs.

The Immolation adds 10% dmg to the spell and the Conflagurate one keeps the Immolate up when I use Conflagurate (Instead of eating it)

This a good idea?

Also most of my gear is focusing on my spell power, Intel, then stamina enchantments. This still a good idea? lol I think I did this because I was playing with someone else and really didn't level by myself usually.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blasted Lands is awesome, you can easily grind out 1.5 or 2 whole levels off the 5(?) quests at the entrance due to the killing sprees you have to go on to finish them. Hinterlands is also AWESOME for horde because of the quests that take you through the out door single player dungeon, this will also get you at least a level or two (and a cool trinket).
    Honestly the more time you can spend out of large places like Felwood/Winterspring/Silithus and Ungoro I would say but it recently came to my attention that every person in this game thinks ungoro is amazing, the better.
    Did I mention I dislike Ungoro?
    Cause I do
    Its too big and the quests vary too much level wise/have shitty drop rates/don't chain
    Who's with me!?

So these Glyph thingies are pretty neat.
    I'm a Destruction Warlock, so I am thinking of getting the Conflagurate and the Improved Immolation Major Glyphs.

The Immolation adds 10% dmg to the spell and the Conflagurate one keeps the Immolate up when I use Conflagurate (Instead of eating it)

This a good idea?

Also most of my gear is focusing on my spell power, Intel, then stamina enchantments. This still a good idea? lol I think I did this because I was playing with someone else and really didn't level by myself usually.
    Conflagrate glyph should be a priority yes, immolate being second glyph, third obviously doesn't come into play till 80.

Low level gear isn't all that easy to diversify, but spellpower is pretty much best to go for, int and stam will certainly help downtime for someone not as experienced in the game, especially for a lock regarding stam if not playing affliction (life tap makes us by far the easiest class to regain mana with)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah when I was playing before I had pretty nice gear because I got Enchanting and Tailoring up to 300. Which was pretty high at the time. Now they seem to be a capped because of my level and goes higher. lol

Fishing still good for making money? I fished and sold bolts of cloth for money

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Fish are universally used for "raid food" now, though I don't know how much money you're liable to make by selling them raw as opposed to preparing them and selling that way. But yes, ultimately fishing should still make money.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Hello, looking to get back into this before Cataclysm comes out. Wanting to level a Worgen when it comes out. So an Alliance guild would be best.

I'm fairly nub. Highest level character I have is a 45 Undead Warlock (Echo Isles), whom I am willing to move to another server and/or faction. Or create a new character from scratch.

I only have Burning Crusade at the moment, but will be buying WotLK this weekend. (I could make a Death Knight after reaching 50 on any server/faction.)

Just really looking for a mature guild with people willing to show me the ropes so to speak as I have been out of the game for a very long time.

If this is the same Kael from TT on Garuda, there are some TT members (Tyra, Ibhi, Fuuko, and Vici) playing alliance characters on Bronsebeard in a guild called Cake or Death. I'm sure they would love to have you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Nope, sorry. Kael from Bahamut. I was in Undefeatable LS.

I just really like the movie Willow.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Fish are universally used for "raid food" now, though I don't know how much money you're liable to make by selling them raw as opposed to preparing them and selling that way. But yes, ultimately fishing should still make money.
    Fishing is crazy money if you can stand it, all the feast fish can be fished up in Wintersgrasp and sell on my server for 60-80g per stack.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah I love fishing in wintergrasp, can get a stack or more of fish feast in an hour :D

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast