BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Yeah the moonshade earring is shit hot for some things, but few people can be arsed trudging through all 54 wings of the goddess missions to get there.
    How is that any different than Raja's Ring now that sea/Limbus content is obsolete? You'd call the people without Raja's gimp.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I did the missions for the storyline anyway, not always about gear for me. It was like pulling teeth to get them done but I enjoyed it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I did the missions for the storyline anyway, not always about gear for me. It was like pulling teeth to get them done but I enjoyed it.
    you sir are a sadist enjoying teeth pulling, Whats wrong with you <_<

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    How is that any different than Raja's Ring now that sea/Limbus content is obsolete? You'd call the people without Raja's gimp.
    It isn't. Just saying that a lot of people want the earring and it has some really good uses, but everyone's progress is so spread out and the storyline is so long that getting some people together to do it can prove difficult. Not once can I remember seeing a shout for the new wotg missions since last update.

Not to mention that if you do get a 'static' together then they may be people on different nations and have to do their individual nation quests to progress. The nation quests really should have been seperate from the main missions storyline.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    It isn't. Just saying that a lot of people want the earring and it has some really good uses, but everyone's progress is so spread out and the storyline is so long that getting some people together to do it can prove difficult. Not once can I remember seeing a shout for the new wotg missions since last update.

Not to mention that if you do get a 'static' together then they may be people on different nations and have to do their individual nation quests to progress. The nation quests really should have been seperate from the main missions storyline.
    With the right jobs, I'd say all the fights should be duoable except the finale. DD+WHM on everything up to the last two battles, WAR+SMN PD Cleave on second to last. Final fight could be kinda iffy with aoe death WS, we just PD zerged it, but killed in <30s and she didn't even use it anyways, so using the full PD time, 2 decent DDs should be able to down her easily.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I did the final fight with six. Masa SAM, THF, DNC (me), WHM, BLM or RDM, BRD I think.

Anyway, I went afk to check something on the stove while we were waiting on the SAM's 2-hour and when I came back we'd won the fight. I guess Tachi: Fudo x6 > final form.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I did the final fight with six. Masa SAM, THF, DNC (me), WHM, BLM or RDM, BRD I think.

Anyway, I went afk to check something on the stove while we were waiting on the SAM's 2-hour and when I came back we'd won the fight. I guess Tachi: Fudo x6 > final form.
    Sounds about right. We had Masa SAM, Vereth MNK, WAR, SAM, BRD, SMN, all using 2hours. Checked through my log, 24 seconds between PD going up (before we engaged) and the "How did you manage to defeat me!?!?" death text, 18 seconds if you go by first hit. The fight is an utter joke, the annoying "collect all the memory fragments" is by far the hardest thing about wotg missions.

Code:
    [20:06:25]Alexander uses Perfect Defense.
    [20:06:49]Spoilers : N-no... This...cannot be...

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    With the right jobs, I'd say all the fights should be duoable except the finale.
    I trio'd it kite nuke, pretty sure a rdm + blm could do it eventually.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did last fight comfortably with WHM, SAM, and dual boxed BRD. Did the rest with that same setup.

Edit: Also @ Refresh panties, I went 1/55 or so, I never got above 8 CHR, so I doubt +20 is possible. I think +10 was reported as max.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    With the right jobs, I'd say all the fights should be duoable except the finale. DD+WHM on everything up to the last two battles, WAR+SMN PD Cleave on second to last. Final fight could be kinda iffy with aoe death WS, we just PD zerged it, but killed in <30s and she didn't even use it anyways, so using the full PD time, 2 decent DDs should be able to down her easily.
    Duo'd second to last mission blu + rdm, duo'd last mission rdm + rdm (pretty sure its soloable).

Also noticed HP/MP in the refresh subligar pic I took lol...

Spoiler: show

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Duo'd second to last mission blu + rdm, duo'd last mission rdm + rdm (pretty sure its soloable).

Also noticed HP/MP in the refresh subligar pic I took lol...

I completely forgot about Kin telling me he duo'd it. Either way, I kind of doubt it's soloable, with RDM at least. You were at the 20-min mark with 2, and duoing allows you a lot more luxuries that you don't get solo. You'd have to have some pretty ridiculously good gear and a lot of meds to pull it off solo.

And also, are those seriously your sound effects? God it sounds so horrid, I think that may annoy me more than Rog's comic sans.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It was pretty sloppy though, I rarely play RDM. I didn't even have any AF3 aside from I think +1 pants. Only hard part would be first form in terms of MP because her melee range is a lot longer. I would 2hr that form and use meds and just kite nuke the last form while applying DOT's. 2nd form is so easy her melee range is so short. Yes those are my sounds, I like them since I'm a .hack fan only the cancel sound kinda annoys me sometimes lol. I also saw another video of a SMN almost soloing it, but they lost at 2nd form around 30% for some reason (death I don't think they timed out)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The last WoTG fight is indeed entirely soloable as Smn.

There is also an other video where I lost at 1% on the second form (I was disgusted lol)
    It's not a very tough fight now for me (I recently won again in only 20 min without any medicine this time) but the first form is damn annoying while the second acts like an even more stupid Iron Giant.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Oh man, that is badass. I didn't know a Smn could solo it. Shit when the servers are back up I'mma get my ass on it and finish it lol

Edit: I've never done the fight so why did you use Titan?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

5/5 Geocrush and Stun can be helpful (when it procs...) but any fully merited BP should work. Don't expect to win on your first or second try, I was already very happy when I beat her first form the first time. (which you should kill under 8 or 10 min maximum depending on how she decide to spam Dark Thorn/Trance)

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I take it she has some sort of Physical dmg resistance or does she just take nice dmg from Magic?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You can do "more" with Predator Claw but a Magical BP is more reliable and you don't have to wait your avatar to be near. I have discovered that she gains some form of -%MDT (around -15%) the more she pops her Gyves (no matter the element), this is easy to see since magical dmg aren't random at all (to a certain extend) but I still find Geocrush much stronger.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I'll prolly try it with Garuda just because I gain 2 or 3 mp with her out and I haven't put much love into the other avatars lol

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Seems decent since theres not really any FC/Haste gear to wear on the back?

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/4...0331004106.png

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do want.