+ Reply to Thread

WTB Tabletop Card & Board Games

This is more of a task than a purchase. I'm looking for someone who has a good gaming store in their area and can send me over some good board games and card games.

Basically, I use easily adaptable games for private English lessons or just gut them for tools. To give you an idea of what I'm looking for:

Games I Have
    • Apples to Apples
    • Carcassonne
    • Kids of Carcassonne
    • Funglish
    • Settlers of Catan
    • ABC Game illus. by Eric Carle

Games I Want
    • Zombies
    • Word Pirates (comes with bunch of letter dice)

The best kind of games are ones that can be picked up real easy and have bright, colorful pictures. Also, card/tile games are favored as they don't need tons of space. Conversational games like Apples to Apples are also great just for all the vocabulary cards.

I'm sure there are people on this board that are way more familiar with games like this, so please let me know any ideas you have.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Two card games I'd recommend that are simple and can be picked up quickly are Guillotine and Set. For more advanced play, Munchkin. I believe Guillotine is out of print still but I don't know for sure. All are very fun in groups.

Pictionary for classic board game fun. I can see that being adaptable for teaching English.

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

If you know anybody in America, basically every mall I've ever been to has a Game Daze which sells these types of things plus more. I realize you were looking for someone to buy them, but you might be able to find more games there, too.