Thread: Shogun 2: Total War     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shogun 2: Total War

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/02/sh...-and-siege-ba/

So much for secrecy -- the cat is out of the bag early, as Sega has revealed that, yes, Shogun 2: Total War is the next game in the historical war simulation series from The Creative Assembly. The game is a direct sequel to the first game in the Total War series (released 10 years ago, if you can believe that) and will have players fighting as competing warlords in 16th century Japan, working to reunite the country under one unified ruler. The game promises the "ultimate refinement of the original formula," combining a new AI and technical polish with the gameplay that made the first title so popular.

IGN has an early preview, and says that hero units will make an appearance in the series for the first time, fighting alongside about 40 units that will all be upgradeable. Siege and naval battles will mix up the gameplay and Creative Assembly hints at more features, including a set of agents that "that uses a rock-paper-scissors mechanic," and some new ideas for multiplayer, including eight-player battles and personal avatars.

Sounds strategically interesting. We're scheduled to see the game in action at E3, so we'll let you know more then.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I jizzed all over my computer. Funny thing is that i was sittin in class today wonderin what and when the next total war game would be

Hmm looks interesting and I don't normally play this type of game. I wonder if they have beta like the Empire TW site does.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pit Badger
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Hot, I was thinking today that I might install the old Total War games some time to give them another play. Always loved these games.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alright it's time to necro this. Was waiting for more info to come out and I'm glad I waited

Release date: March 15th

Specs
    Minimum:
    o OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
    o Processor: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor , or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)
    o Memory: 1GB RAM (XP), 2GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
    o Graphics: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card (shader model 3)
    o DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
    o Hard Drive: 20GB free hard disk space
    o Screen Resolution: 1024x768

Recommended:
    o OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
    o Processor: 2nd Generation Intel⪚ Core™i5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent
    o Memory: 2GB RAM (XP), 4GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
    o Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
    o Hard Drive: 20GB free hard disk space
    o Screen Resolution: 1280x1024
    On steam
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/34330/

New Odin
    BG Level

There should also be a demo up today.

EDIT: Demo is up, modest 6 gb's!

New Odin
    BG Level

God fucking damnit, either I suck or the sekigahara historical battle is pretty damn challenging.

There's no problem until
    Spoiler: show
    my allies betray me

at which point I get decimated. I have gun, spear, katana and bow units against me on the left, and like 6 units worth of swordmen on the right flank. Icing on the cake are the last 400 spearmen that come from front. What the shit. Sure, I had my troops pretty well stationed and my left flank held, but on the right the swordmen tore through my weakened spearmen and katana units. I still had all 5 bow units up but no one to protect them, so loss was imminent.. I'm not really sure what to do against those katana units on the right. I'll probably try conserving my own katana units and use them + archers to kill them off. If I could lure them far enough from the river my cavalry units could charge then from behind as well (or alternatively kill their general).

So Bump.

Just bought this and been playing for a few hrs, pretty awesome, gone back to old routes of the series.