FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Okay I'm at work so I can't be as thorough as I want to be but these are my first impressions.

Case: Awesome I love it, one of the best for the money.

PSU: Looking at the rest of your build its a bit overkill but w/e your money. (I would suggest the 750watt model that corsair makes)

HDDs: WOW awesome price on the 1TB, IMO go bigger on SSD if you can afford it simply because a few select games from that beast will blow you away.

Optical Drive: W/e it works Liteon is good enough.

CPU MB combo: You could go cheaper and get the same performance by overclocking an underclocked i7 SLIGHTLY. So I would do that to save a lil bit.

Memory: ...wtf... don't skimp here 1. its DDR3 build in 3s 2. EVGA X58 Series supports ddr31600 out of the box so get a better memory kit a 3x2gb kit will cost about 200 USD.

Thats about it. And if you do plan on overclocking which you better with an I7 get a zalman HS/fan or any aftermarket heatsink/fan combo.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea, I'll prob throw in another 4GB RAM set and put it to 8GB,

Only reason i put the 1000w PSU was i was aiming to try and get another 480 down the road and SLI

MB is the EVGA P55 series

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Check out OCZ or G-skill for RAM, other than that above comments stand.

The build is good.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Heya Pugz.. lookin' good there. Make sure you shop around (use Newegg, Microcenter, Best Buy etc.) & get the most you can for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    Memory: ...wtf... don't skimp here 1. its DDR3 build in 3s 2. EVGA X58 Series supports ddr31600 out of the box so get a better memory kit a 3x2gb kit will cost about 200 USD
    DDR3 doesn't need to be used in sets of three if you're not on X58, so he won't need a tri-channel kit. The one he picked out is fine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm going to have to make a thread to educate you guys on SSDs. Beyond faster boot up you're not really going to notice much. Maybe a second or two off load times, but nothing else. That's why you pay more for the CPU and GPU.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...611&CatId=4721

This MB CPU combo is just as badass as the one you posted pretty much all it lacks is the Memory overclocking potential the other one offered which you weren't taking advantage of in the first place.

In fact im actually glad I read this threat because i'll be doing this exact combo awesome pieces for the price.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...637&CatId=3473

Great price on corsair dominator DIMMs but honestly you don't NEED dominator but I would suggest you build your dimms in your system like this kit is laid out 3 individual dimms insted of 2. Otherwise if you can find a set of corsairs value ram like you had in your post but only 1600mhz then jump on it if the price is right.

Either way... Doing this will get the most out of your system because if you're going to do something do it right.

Any questions just ask ill be happy to reply. Awesome choice on the Video Card btw. Nvidia GTX480 beats the hell out of ATI anything in heaven benchmarks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Ram is ram just make sure you get a good timing. OCZ, Gskill, corsair, all good manufacturers imo youll probably get more bang for your buck with OCZ but im just a fiend for corsair. But still please, please upgrade your ram to a faster speed otherwise just losing out on possible speed.

And honestly the only reason I listed the alternative to your MB combo was because its pretty much the same as the one you listed only cheaper.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If you end up buying everything from tiger direct, make sure to use Bing Cash back for 12% cash back on all that.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Rysa View Post
    If you end up buying everything from tiger direct, make sure to use Bing Cash back for 12% cash back on all that.
    Good call..

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I have the same mobo/cpu combo and absolutely love it. the PSU is great, I have the 850watt version. The only things I have to say is 40gb is too small for an OS drive imo. I have a 60gb and really regret getting one this small as it fills up rapidly.

Also SSD's increase speed as capacity goes up due to the nature of how they work.

Lastly, that ram... Get some GSkill Tridents or something, that ram is junk.

Here is my build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg9DiB2ZNTU

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have a 60gb and really regret getting one this small as it fills up rapidly.
    What have you put on there? I'm considering getting one in the future when prices are low enough and I'm wondering exactly how much it takes before it's full..

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    What have you put on there? I'm considering getting one in the future when prices are low enough and I'm wondering exactly how much it takes before it's full..
    My program files folder(With no MMO's installed, just a few steam games and League of Legends + other apps I use like photoshop) is 21gb, Windows folder is 16gb. I currently have about 13gb free. If I were to pick up FFXI again, I would have to install it on a secondary HDD.

If I were to do it over again a 120 would be the smallest I would go with.

Also, as I previously stated, The larger a SSD is, the faster it is.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I currently have about 13gb free. If I were to pick up FFXI again, I would have to install it on a secondary HDD.
    (60 - 21 - 16 = 23?) 13gb is the size of the C drive on my old computer. XD I'd say 60gb would be enough for me as I'd only be putting the OS, FFXIV, and maybe a few misc games/programs on it. As of right now I can't justify the prices I'm seeing for 120gb, but I've seen 60gb as low at $120 and that price I could do.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Any reason why folks aren't using Deneb chips?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

It just occurred to me that the MB you linked was a 1156 and not 1336 so yeah your memory can still be upgraded to ddr3 1600 but don't get the one I linked its 3 channel and 1156 MBs run the 2channel better.

That being said imo go 1336 if you want more future expansion but the 1156 socket is no slouch thats for sure.

Also it may be beneficial to look into Western Digitals 1TB HDDs because that model of seagate is more prone to fallout than the WDs but more than likely you'll be fine I just want as little a chance as possible of RMAing.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

The 932 is a full tower. It doesn't look like you need that much space with what you have listed there, but if you're going to put a lot of drives in it by all means go full tower. I have the mid tower version of that HAF 922 and it's sexy and still has plenty of space for everything.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Put a CPU Cooler in my order today,

CPU Cooler- http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&sku=T925-3046

I feel like this comp is just about set now minus the GPU

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thermal grease?

The one shipped is probably some generic ceramic/silicon bullshit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix