Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got the e-mail also. Either I'm glad for purchasing a security token, or SE is really good at scare tactics to try and sell more of them whenever the frig they get back in stock.

Joking aside, I'm a little wary that their security has been breached already. Just hope they patch shit up and that it doesn't happen again.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousX View Post
    Is this thread for real?
    You get a message saying your password has been reset by SE. You try to log in, and lo, your password has been reset.
    Do you A) call SE or B) ask BG.
    A. I didnt try 2 log in because i've been logged in ALL DAY,
    B. They Don't say your Password has been reset, it says they've had breach of security.
    C. There no Message on Either SE's Front Page OR POLs Front Page, Or be4 u press "Play" when logging in
    D. Please Learn to read!

Edit: Note the breach is there side not yours

can someone that speaks one of the languages present on this email confirm or deny if it was translated by a human being or google.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ohaigaiz View Post
    can someone that speaks one of the languages present on this email confirm or deny if it was translated by a human being or google.
    legit human, which is kinda why it confuses me.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh my.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well, according to Friend's List Plus (not home to test pol) my password was changed. I guess I should call squenix.

Edit: Or would it be faster to use webchat? Never had to deal with pol. D:

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SQUARE ENIX to me
    show details 2:12 PM (1 hour ago)

Dear valued FINAL FANTASY XI player:

Square Enix is committed to protecting your user information. We have just been alerted to a potential breach of Square Enix’s secure systems from an external source. This may have resulted in the disclosure of a limited number of PlayOnline IDs, passwords and user account data. Please be assured that your credit card data has not been compromised. We are taking this matter very seriously and are conducting a full investigation.

As a precaution we are notifying you of this potential breach and we are resetting your PlayOnline password.

Please contact our Support Center by web chat and obtain a new password that differs from your prior password. Please keep this new password safe and always be on the alert for any “phishing” emails that ask you to disclose personal or financial information.

Support Center
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/jump/chat2/

Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9:00AM to 6:00PM
    *This week only, the Support Center will handle calls for this issue on Saturday June 5, and Sunday June 6.
    *Please note that due to a large number of calls, it may take a long time until your call is handled. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

This e-mail has been sent out for your information only. Please do not reply to this e-mail address.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your continued support.

Looks legit.

Banned.

BG Level

that's gotta suck for bought accounts

tried again logging into the linkshell website, works. i got the email as well.

fuck i'm glad i don't have to deal with those stupid shits

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just posting used my friends laptop to check the site,
    going threw the link sends u to the "Same looking site" but without the "Square Enix.com" be4 the URL

Edit: tryied make it easyer to understand...
    Edit2: Nvm Double checked to make sure, but does come up instead its jst grayed wrighting

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got a different one than yours Zig with no reset involved, but perhaps it was due to my POL account being liked to an SEID, or perhaps because I have a security tag.

Mail in spoiler:
    Spoiler: show
    Dear valued FINAL FANTASY XI player:

Square Enix is committed to protecting your user information. We have just been alerted to a potential breach of Square Enix’s secure systems from an external source. This may have resulted in the disclosure of a limited number of PlayOnline IDs, passwords and user account data. However, since your PlayOnline ID is linked to your SQUARE ENIX Account, your PlayOnline account was not compromised as a result of the potential breach. Please be assured that your credit card data has not been compromised. We are taking this matter very seriously and are conducting a full investigation.

As a precaution we are notifying you of this potential breach. As always, please be on the alert for any “phishing” emails that ask you for any personal or financial information. This e-mail has been sent out for your information only. Please do not reply to this e-mail address.

Support Center
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/jump/chat2/
    Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9:00AM to 6:00PM
    *This week only, the Support Center will handle calls for this issue on Saturday June 5, and Sunday June 6.
    *Please note that due to a large number of calls, it may take a long time until your call is handled. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your continued support.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Squenix
    However, since your PlayOnline ID is linked to your SQUARE ENIX Account, your PlayOnline account was not compromised as a result of the potential breach.
    It seems if it's linked the passwords aren't reset. Mine wasn't linked yet as tokens are still sold out. D:

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

fyi I have token but didn't get an email.

Has anyone who has received an email also got a (working, not inactive) token which they use?

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am sure there will be something about it on POL once all of the emails have been sent out. Until then, SE is quietly handling this by resetting peoples passwords and sending out emails. I do find it possible that the POL registration emergency maintenance that happened at 9am PST this morning has something to do with this breach of security. So if this is all true, then this security breach to the registration server (if this is what happened) occurred no more than 3-4 hours ago.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ohaigaiz View Post
    tried again logging into the linkshell website, works. i got the email as well.

fuck i'm glad i don't have to deal with those stupid shits
    Tried logging into linkshell site as well, no dice. Oh well. To webchat with me!

Dont click links in emails. Ever.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Have SE ID no token, no email.

I got a message saying my POL password was changed as soon as I logged out of the game. Sux.
    My friend's password was just reset, they locked his account and are giving it back to him in 12 hours or so they say.
    Did they have to contact CS?

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You know, sitting here waiting for web support wouldn't be so bad if they had more then 4 variants on "You're not getting help now cause we have 3 people working here!"

Edit: I think it might be faster at this point to call them...

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Merged the two threads.