Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    The best way to acquire Wyvern Scales in large volumes:

1) Find a location where there are some wyverns. I prefer Ifrit's Cauldron at Vouivre, but Riverne B home point, Kuftal basement, Jade Sepulcher home point all work, and I might be forgetting some other spots.
    2) Go as either THF or a job with very good fast cast.
    3) Summon Nanaa Mihgo trust and engage some wyverns. For whatever reason, her success rate with Despoil (which earns you what she nabs) is much higher than players.
    4) Here's the tricky part: Triggering Nanaa's Despoil seems to be based on either hate you've accumulated on the enemy or damage you've dealt, I need to test this more. On Hurricane Wyverns, as THF I melee them down to 50% and then turn, and she'll regularly Despoil. The superstitious part of me thinks it might happen more if she's closer and behind the enemy but that's probably not the case.
    5) After killing the wyvern, resummon her and repeat. Farming in Ifrit's is nice since there are 4 or 5 spawns (depending on Vouivre window, and he himself will drop a scale) in one small location.
    Protey posted on XIAH that you should specifically target Pyrodrakes and Ignisdrakes in Riverne, because you can only Despoil scales from them.

I gave it a shot, and here are my results:
    * With Empyrean +2 feet/legs (not upgraded), I despoiled scales 3/39 times from behind the 100% HP Ignisdrake.
    * Nanaa Mihgo despoiled scales 23/32 times

So Nanaa is obviously going to be better at this than we are. Some notes on her behavior:
    * Nanaa can use Despoil from the front or the back of the monster, but just due to engaging and stuff I've mostly seen her do it from the back or side.
    * Every time that I've noticed the monster's HP when she uses Despoil, it has been between below 50% HP. She's probably deciding to use it between 40 and 50% HP.
    * If you unsummon and resummon her, it does reset the timer and she can use it immediately again (but she probably won't.)
    * She might require low TP for you/her? I've never seen her use Despoil over a WS. - She is willing to use a WS pretty quickly after Despoil, though, indicating she had high TP when she despoiled.
    * Nanaa Mihgo can use Despoil with or without hate.

I bet that if the JA is up and she gets an AI tick when the monster is between 40 and 50% HP (and she doesn't have >1000 TP), she will attempt to use Despoil. It seems like there can be a slight delay after she uses it, so even if she decides to use it at 40%, the monster may be at 37% when she uses it (one more autoattack), or 22%, or 2% if there was a WS, etc.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Someone (Protey?) posted on XIAH that you should specifically target Pyrodrakes and Ignisdrakes in Riverne, because you can only Despoil scales from them.

I gave it a shot, and here are my results:
    * With Empyrean +2 feet/legs (not upgraded), I despoiled scales 2/15 times from behind the 100% HP Ignisdrake.
    * Nanaa Mihgo despoiled scales 9/12 times

So Nanaa is obviously going to be better at this than we are. Some notes on her behavior:
    * Nanaa can use Despoil from the front or the back of the monster.
    * Every time that I've noticed the monster's HP when she uses Despoil, it has been between 38% and 45% HP
    * If you unsummon and resummon her, it does reset the timer and she can use it immediately again
    * She might require low TP for you/her? I've never seen her use Despoil over a WS.
    someone hide this before SE fixes it in emergency maintance ¬.¬

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, it's possible that her conditions for using Despoil just represent the optimal Despoil conditions (behind the mob, 40-50% HP).

Alternatively, Despoil's debuff is related to the stolen item and each monster can have up to 4 items despoiled from it (from a set of 4 debuffs). It could be that players get nothing if their Despoil attempt triggers a debuff/item that the monster can't give (for instance, Ignisdrakes can only get Magic Defense Down, so you'd have at most a 25% chance of getting an item), while Nanaa Mihgo's Despoil rolls for whether or not Despoil is successful and then determines the debuff/item pair. In that case, it would be an implementation issue that SE would probably "fix."

I think HP% is really the only conditions I'm comfortable saying she has.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yea, it was me that posted about farming wyvern scales. Farmed over 400+ scales in Riverne B. Nanaa will automatically WS at 1000 TP so keep that in mind when trying to get her to despoil. I don't think I've ever gotten her to despoil if the mobs HP is less than 40% when I turn around. I have gotten her to despoil as high as 55% when turning around and be successful in the despoil. Any higher % than that I have never seen her be successful.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Do you do that farming on THF? My 8% successful Despoil rate (with +5 on my pants) has me thinking that HP probably affects success rate.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yea on THF. I know HP affects Nanaa, but I don't think so for me. Many times I'd be successful on the very first time the wyvern would attack at me (so around 85% HP. I remove most of my gear so I don't kill it too fast and pass up the 40-55% HP window for Nanaa).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I had some leftover squama from thinking coif would take more than 13 tries to HQ, so was just synthing the rest of what I had and:

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...1e653a2071.jpg

I feel like the HQ formation is somehow summoning the spirit of Zouri or some such thing. More super scientific testing later~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

58 Wyvern Scales -> 29 Dragon Masks

29 Dragon Masks -> 1 break and 28 Cursed Masks

28 Cursed Masks -> 240k from an NPC

ffffff

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yea, for some reason I have a horrible HQ rate on the cursed cuisses as well, like 4% even with both HQ rings and coconut rusk. Don't know why.

Im a BG Attention Whore
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Anub'arak

Amazing Crafts V: Zouri accidently the whole crafting forum

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    yea, for some reason I have a horrible HQ rate on the cursed cuisses as well, like 4% even with both HQ rings and coconut rusk. Don't know why.
    Well at least he has nothing to do with moon phase or day of the week and certainly not direction lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

2/14 on HQ > voodoo
    2/4 on NQ > voodoo

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

jesus christ

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The supporting evidence for HQ formation is mounting!
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...6805a1510b.jpg

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Im guessing most of you HQers craft at random times rather than specifically aiming for a certain moon phase or the opposing elemental day of your crystal right? Never paid attention to crafting, but people kept spreading that rumor.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWattz View Post
    Im guessing most of you HQers craft at random times rather than specifically aiming for a certain moon phase or the opposing elemental day of your crystal right? Never paid attention to crafting, but people kept spreading that rumor.
    Basically you are lucky or fucked and should concentrate your efforts to crafting more instead of trying to find super secret things to "cheat" the system or finding reasons you aren't getting HQ.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Basically you are lucky or fucked and should concentrate your efforts to crafting more instead of trying to find super secret things to "cheat" the system or finding reasons you aren't getting HQ.
    lucky or fucked
    fucked
    fucked
    fucked
    QFT

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWattz View Post
    I only craft when it's new moon and raining irl

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

:D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Congrats bud!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is there any testing on ready moves having high STR modifiers? Perhaps a full attack set would prefer NQ STR path even over HQ C?