Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah for my souveran set I think I ended up going something like 7/230ish and that was with switching to orvail and such. I tried counting the rates on the original cursed pieces but that got too depressing after I did a 4 hour session of making stuff assembly with 3 characters for no hqs

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah for my souveran set I think I ended up going something like 7/230ish and that was with switching to orvail and such. I tried counting the rates on the original cursed pieces but that got too depressing after I did a 4 hour session of making stuff assembly with 3 characters for no hqs
    I remember donating stacks of Fire Crystals to you to help you along your path.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    I remember donating stacks of Fire Crystals to you to help you along your path.
    Yeah that helped... cause I ended up buying out the ah a few times and even spent several hours camping fire elementals several while my mules continued to synth some of the final ingredients. Seriously ended up using dozens if not over a hundred stacks of clusters

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

My first BIG T0 HQ in a very long time.

Old Merits
    BG Level

That's five Cursed diechlings -1 in seven crafts. Only served to hurt my wallet, though, as I still didn't get an HQ, 0/35 on Voodoo diechlings now. I think I might quit the game altogether if I get to 40 without an HQ, I'm too old for this bullshit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

40 haha. A couple of my pieces took over 70. rng can get pretty ridiculous sometimes

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah, already figured that there would be way worse stories out there, but 70 is more than I expected.

Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that it's cheaper to just buy the damn thing if you don't manage to HQ them by a certain point; I'm just crafting them myself out of principle here, but I certainly do regret it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If you can find someone selling at a lower cost than your expected cost to make, just buy it. I bought Chi's mule a pair of Diech-1 just cause they were 15 mil, and it would cost me like 40 mil to make.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    Yeah, already figured that there would be way worse stories out there, but 70 is more than I expected.

Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that it's cheaper to just buy the damn thing if you don't manage to HQ them by a certain point; I'm just crafting them myself out of principle here, but I certainly do regret it.
    I think 30 for my first hq was my fastest lol. Shit seems a lot worse than t1 should be. Ended up averaging around 30 each but that was mostly luck in getting an extra couple hqs with the last few pieces of supplies

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    If you can find someone selling at a lower cost than your expected cost to make, just buy it. I bought Chi's mule a pair of Diech-1 just cause they were 15 mil, and it would cost me like 40 mil to make.
    Could swear they were on of the cheaper pieces and were less than 40 mil... regardless if you lucky enough to have a kupo shield on server can possible get some real cheap

Old Merits
    BG Level

Odin seems to be really bad (or good?) in that regard. AH is chock-full with Voodoo diechlings with people undercutting each other at approximately 20 million, so I suppose we've got at least one shield over here.
    Unfortunately, I didn't notice how cheap they were until after I had synthed my tenth pair or so. Couldn't stop midway through, so I kept going.

1/39 in the end. Not sure if I should be happy about spending more than 50 million on an item that goes for about 20, but whatever. Puts me at 1/3 for the feet, 1/24 for the hands and 1/39 for the legs, so my luck probably isn't too bad compared to Dasva's.

Head is next, no muling required at last. Sending 80 items between different chars was the worst.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok I've been out of the game a long time...what's the hard stuff now and what don't I know from last 3 years?

Im a BG Attention Whore
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Anub'arak

transfer to asura its actually populated therefore stock with mats you need.

Spoiler: show
    so you dont clear the AH with all your mules and i can maintain my hold on sylph's economy mwhahahahaha

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So lepe tit if you haven't finished already might be a good idea to hold off. Not sure if you follow dev tracker but it seems they plan to implement some kind of relic like quest to make shields comparable to kupo

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Hoping someone with better search skills than I can help me out real quick.. ^^;;

Got an lsmate who constantly argues w/ me about crafting issues, and would really like to be able to put the debate to rest.

1. Stalls: Flat "Skill+5" right? I trust Zouri on crafting issues, but I haven't been able to dig up anything on OF that matches the approximate timeframe of "Nov 2011". Was it only stated in JP-side notices?
    2. Cheers: Insisting that Cheers give "Skill +1%" rather than "Skill Gain Rate +1%".. JPwiki seems to state that it's rate, bgwiki states that it is rate, ingame description is vague enough to be confusing.

Hoping for links to dev posts or update notices. Nothing short of official word is gonna convince this person otherwise. lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1. Not sure if an OF post was on it but testing crafting skill tests are ridiculously easy (though a tad harder now) and it's definitely 5. You can literally show him by using it to attempt crafts the game wont even let you try without that extra skill

2. All the skill from crafting to combat are gain rate. Pretty much everyone figured it out immediately since none of them change visible but pretty sure there was a dev post somewhere.

I suggest just telling him to craft facing west, on fireday, only on new moon, wearing elemental staff of opposite elemental while channeling Miss Cleo.

Old Merits
    BG Level

So lepe tit if you haven't finished already might be a good idea to hold off. Not sure if you follow dev tracker but it seems they plan to implement some kind of relic like quest to make shields comparable to kupo
    Yes, was thinking about that myself actually. If it's straight skill +, I wonder it if would be worth waiting, though at least Voodoo schaller would be Tier 2 with +3 skill, wouldn't it? Then again, who knows how long it takes to get to that point.

Also, did you separate my name on purpose?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No real specifics yet on what it will do but sounds like it's soonish so idk.

and yes!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

1. Not sure if an OF post was on it but testing crafting skill tests are ridiculously easy (though a tad harder now) and it's definitely 5. You can literally show him by using it to attempt crafts the game wont even let you try without that extra skill

2. All the skill from crafting to combat are gain rate. Pretty much everyone figured it out immediately since none of them change visible but pretty sure there was a dev post somewhere.

I suggest just telling him to craft facing west, on fireday, only on new moon, wearing elemental staff of opposite elemental while channeling Miss Cleo.
    Thanks for the answers. lol Though, for #1, I forgot to make it include the extra complication of having the other GP furnishings in MH. ^^;; He wants to believe that he still gets the extra stacking buffs from the other stuff in addition to the skill+5 from stall..

For #2, I found a reference on both JPwiki/OF update notes that the ingame descriptions for the crafting cheers was altered at some point, supposedly to clarify what they actually do, but don't know what they said before that point. :/

...I'm still hunting for OF statements, mainly so I can provide links to force him to stop giving erroneous advice to others ._.;;

----------------------

On a different note, I am now the proud owner of 2x self-signed "Sniper's Ring +1" :D (2/6 so far.) Only two more to go now for my dbox character XD

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

you forgot the ebon panels in sea... god get the stuff correct dasva!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you forgot the ebon panels in sea... god get the stuff correct dasva!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Totally forgot about that. Oh well gotta commit Sudoku now