+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Congratulations on apron Waka :D I remember when I got my first apron, it's such an awesome feeling.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Stops becoming about the money and more about the principle, right? lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, it really does.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Haborym View Post
    Triton's earring don't mean you get Pluto's. I thought this too when we went 1/1 on both Pluto's and Vulcan's earrings using Triton's but since those we are 0/7. Your better off just using the NQ and save time bazzaring T1 MND earrings that don't sell.
    Just want to get a little more clarity on this, using vulcan's earring as the example. Is it possible to get Vulcan's earring by using the nq Orichalcum earring? I know that triton earring isn't 100% vulcan. If vulcan is possible with nq ocl. earring, is the likelihood of vulcan any greater with triton earring, or are they the same HQ rate?

On another topic, I was curious what you guys thought about HQing Triton rings, and scintillant rings. I have a hunch that they may be used as in new recipes from the coming updates, just like they did with the triton earrings. I am 99 GS and about to continue to 100 on star rings, I wonder if I should not use my GS ring to HQ the triton ring. Same deal with the new stat+6 rings, I'm curious if I should stop using the GS ring when making the shining rings, and just hang onto any HQ I may get and cross my fingers. What do you think?

Thanks

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I would use the NQ ring. Even if they add some use for the Triton Rings, it likely won't justify not making use of the 1% less breaks but who knows.

On another note, have you actually gotten any .1s from Star Rings at 99? I tried like 20 of them with no skill ups when I was at 99.9 and never got anything. Ended up just doing the level 74 rings to finish it a few years back. Of course 20 synths with no skill ups at that level isn't unheard of but I have never seen any proof that it was indeed a level 100+ synth. I know its 98 or above for sure, though.

Herzins

After breaking about 6 cerb mantles in the past two days (including 3 from today), I almost gave up and decided to buy one last mantle and try for my crappy luck, I also bought a couple of Archer's Rings and try them out (in the past 2 days, I did over 50 synths of random items, didn't get any HQ's at all).

And this was the outcome...

hmmm trying to figure out how to attach a picture will try again soon.

Edit: can't figure out... any advice? it asks me for my URL to the picture...

Anyways, went Cerb Mantle +1 and Sniper's Ring +1 back to back.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Herzins View Post
    After breaking about 6 cerb mantles in the past two days (including 3 from today), I almost gave up and decided to buy one last mantle and try for my crappy luck, I also bought a couple of Archer's Rings and try them out (in the past 2 days, I did over 50 synths of random items, didn't get any HQ's at all).

And this was the outcome...

hmmm trying to figure out how to attach a picture will try again soon.

Edit: can't figure out... any advice? it asks me for my URL to the picture...

Anyways, went Cerb Mantle +1 and Sniper's Ring +1 back to back.
    go to tinypic.com and upload the image... then copy/paste the link it gives you for "img code for forums"

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Michelob View Post
    I would use the NQ ring. Even if they add some use for the Triton Rings, it likely won't justify not making use of the 1% less breaks but who knows.

On another note, have you actually gotten any .1s from Star Rings at 99? I tried like 20 of them with no skill ups when I was at 99.9 and never got anything. Ended up just doing the level 74 rings to finish it a few years back. Of course 20 synths with no skill ups at that level isn't unheard of but I have never seen any proof that it was indeed a level 100+ synth. I know its 98 or above for sure, though.
    I got GS100 in about 40 synths, all of them star rings fyi... Gonna be fun trying to sell them!

I'm still dying to find out if anyone has definitive proof that vulcan earring is possible with the NQ ocl. earring. ANYONE PLEEZ!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Allegro View Post
    I'm still dying to find out if anyone has definitive proof that vulcan earring is possible with the NQ ocl. earring. ANYONE PLEEZ!
    I'm 100% positive you can. No SS of me putting it in furnace then the end result, but if you REALLY need it, I will take them on my next attempt. Have made 3 Vulcan's and 4 Pluto's this way.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Haborym View Post
    I'm 100% positive you can. No SS of me putting it in furnace then the end result, but if you REALLY need it, I will take them on my next attempt. Have made 3 Vulcan's and 4 Pluto's this way.
    THANKS!!! If you wouldn't mind answering a few more questions for me, I'd appreciate it.

Would you say that using triton earring would increase your chances of the HQ result? I would think it's pretty safe to assume it does at least a bit, but maybe you have noticed a difference.

About what is your overall HQ rate on these bad boys?

Also when you HQ how far off are your values? I tried it with a triton earring and it took me 2-3 hours to finally complete a synergy where I was only 2-3 off total target values and got NQ.

My technique is to keep impurities below 30%, I don't reduce pressure at all and feed all fire at once then move to the next element. Always in the order they are displayed in the menu. Most of the time I get a leak this way. I've always done it solo too. Do you have any suggestions for me to improve my method?

Thanks so much for your input!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Not dusk gloves this time....

http://i38.tinypic.com/x3zdsg.jpg

Congrats Zouri! You've been trying for quite awhile to hq that iirc

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yea that was #73 for them over the past few months...... meh...

D: How many millions do you have and still 70 spaces!?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Wakabo View Post
    D: How many millions do you have and still 70 spaces!?
    i already said it before.. It's a crafting mule. No real point in maxing its inventory when 70 inventory + 70 satchel is far more than i need.. I normally have 40 spaces free as it is.

Still I would cap it out maybe it's just something that always bugs me.

Magitek

That's why don't HQ things! (But yeah, my level 95 LC mule has 80/80/80/80 and all it has on it are a bunch of stock piled tiger gloves I skilled up on lol)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'd post the pic but it won't let me till I have 10 posts.
    Perfect synergy values on flame earring, still nq.
    0/7 now

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Amazingly enough that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but okay, carry on.