+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadymdub View Post
    I made back to back, 2/2 dusk gloves +1 on my leather mule on June, 1st too. What a month!
    Haha, you are ridiculous. That is more than half a relic. See how much you can get for this cap! I didn't see anything competitive in the notes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    that was the longest explanation ive seen... but it makes sense. I only craft when i have no other time to play.. And i'm 0/56 on hermes' +1 for a ls.. I dont post the nqs, just the hqs. I do get lucky on the expensive synths for some reason though.....

Crafting and chatting at the same time is about all i do when i am on... Like now... lunch break!
    Simple. You don't craft hundreds and hundreds of synths that don't yield you as much profit. If you craft the same synths at a rate of like 10 or 20 to 1 vs. other T0 synths the HQ rate will tend to clump in the side of the 10 or 20.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Everytime Sath posts stuff like that I get the urge to craft. Stop doing that!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    Everytime Sath posts stuff like that I get the urge to craft. Stop doing that!
    If I could play FFXI just to craft and resist the urge to do other shit I totally would. I am weak of will though

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Hi guys i am new in the crafting forums and in crafting in general, i started clothcraft 7 years ago but just got enough motivation recently to go on any further. right now i am 81.1 and farming wamoura cocoon while leveling my BLM up to 80, it took me a few weeks but it's the most fun craft imo. (i fell asleep while trying to level leathercraft!!).
    sath your explanation was great, thanks but what do you guys mean with T0? what synths are T1 for you guys? i dont get it yet..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hupo View Post
    Hi guys i am new in the crafting forums and in crafting in general, i started clothcraft 7 years ago but just got enough motivation recently to go on any further. right now i am 81.1 and farming wamoura cocoon while leveling my BLM up to 80, it took me a few weeks but it's the most fun craft imo. (i fell asleep while trying to level leathercraft!!).
    sath your explanation was great, thanks but what do you guys mean with T0? what synths are T1 for you guys? i dont get it yet..
    Here ya go. Can't put it better than this so just copy/pasta. Spoilering for huge.

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post

Skillup rates

Skillups occur on both main and subskills independently.
    Skillups occur even if if your enhanced skill (natural + synth support + synth items) exceeds the cap.

For any craft above your natural craft skill below 50:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 66% and 75% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not

For any craft above your natural craft skill 50 or above:
    6 or farther from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on a successful synth
    5 or less from cap: somewhere between 25% and 33% chance to skill-up on any synth, broken or not

Skillups on breaks will not occur if your natural skill is beyond 5 levels from the cap, even if your enhanced skill is within 5 of the cap.

Above 60, skillup increments are always 0.1.

Below 60, skillup increments can be 0.1 or 0.2.
    If your natural skill is 6* or more below the recipe cap, skillup increments can also be 0.3.
    If your natural skill is 12** or more below the recipe cap, skillup increments can also be 0.4

If your adjusted skill is 16 or more below the recipe cap, you will be unable to attempt synthesis.

It is possible to gain 0.2 (or more) skillup even if you are 0.1 from the recipe cap. However, it is not possible to gain 0.2 (or more) skillup if you are 0.1 from an active guild-enforced craftskill cap. For example, making iron chains at 29.9--if you have "broken" the 30 cap already by turning in a test item, it is possible to get 0.2 and end at 30.1. If you have not broken this cap, the maximum skillup increment will be 0.1, which will cap your skill at 30.0.

* Needs more verification
    ** Might be possible at 11; definitely possible at 12

Break rates
    For multicraft items, break rates are cumulative with each involved craft. That means if an item has 3 crafts involved, find the break rate for each craft and sum them up.

Thus, for each craftskill involved:
    If your enhanced skill is at or above the recipe cap, the break rate is ~5%.
    If your enhanced skill is below the recipe, cap, the break rate increases by approximately 10% per level below the cap. *

* Needs more data

Item loss
    Item loss rate on break is approximately 50%. Moghancement: crystal for the appropriate crystal lowers this by around 5-10%. Moglification probably has a similar effect while still providing +1 skill.

Certain crafts have nearly-guaranteed loss components. Particularly cursed item crafts and key unstackable components for "elite" crafts, such as VClaw, Elemental Beads, Damascus Ingot, Damascene, Raxa. These items can be preserved, but the rate is extremely low.

HQ rates
    After the game has decided your craft attempt was a success, it will roll for HQ. Note: HQ calculation is performed after the check for breakage. Thus, higher-break-rate items (multicraft items particularly) will naturally have slightly lower overall HQ rate, due to a smaller pool of potential HQs.

To calculate the HQ tier of an item, compare your enhanced skill versus the craft cap. If the difference is 51+, the rate is T3. If the difference is 31-50, T2. If the difference is 11-30, T1. If the difference is 0-10, T0.

Theoretically there has also been proposed a "tier -1" for enhanced skill below the cap, but not much data on HQ rate has been provided except that it seems to be much smaller than T0.

For multicraft items, the HQ rate is based on the lowest gap between enhanced skill and recipe cap. That is, if you have a multicraft item where you are T1 on 2 craftskills and T0 on the 3rd, the entire item will have a T0 HQ rate.

T0 rate seems to be somewhere between 1 and 3%. Some people predict 1/64.
    T1 rate seems to be somewhere between 5 and 10%. Some people predict 1/16
    T2 rate is about 25%. (1/4)
    T3 rate is about 50%. (1/2)

HQ Stratification
    Once the game has decided that your craft was HQ, it will determine the HQ strata.
    Craftskill plays absolutely no bearing on this calculation.
    The chance of the HQ being a HQ1 is 12/16
    The chance of the HQ being a HQ2 is 3/16
    The chance of the HQ being a HQ3 is 1/16

For crafts with only 1 HQ, this check is irrelevant and may not actually be performed.
    For crafts with no HQ3 but a HQ2, the ratio may be slightly different depending on the implementation SE used.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57123

edit: you beat me!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh wow thank you, that was exactly what i was looking for! time to read, thank you guys!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Oh wow thank you, that was exactly what i was looking for! time to read, thank you guys!
    Also, if you come in here and ask what moon/direction to face when crafting, Sath will burn your house down and I'll rape your mom.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by jaryk View Post
    Also, if you come in here and ask what moon/direction to face when crafting, Sath will burn your house down and I'll rape your mom.
    And that's just for starters!

P.S. I only synth staves on Ice Day New Moon facing East yo!

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    And that's just for starters!

P.S. I only synth staves on Ice Day New Moon facing East yo!
    BUT WHAT DIRECTION DO YOU FACE IRL

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    There's no luck about it.

If Zouri posted a total number of all T0s she's attempted, including leveling subcrafts, T0 material synths, T0 subcraft materials, etc, it would come out to be approximately our observed average for T0, MAYBE a tad higher.
    Sorry, but making 400 million gil on what is a tad above a break-even synth is luck. The fact that she admits to doing stuff like desynthing Dusk Gloves just reinforces that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    Sorry, but making 400 million gil on what is a tad above a break-even synth is luck. The fact that she admits to doing stuff like desynthing Dusk Gloves just reinforces that.
    It all averages out. You know this just as well as I do. In her case it would be best to quit before it does, but the money doesn't matter to her, so yeah.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It will average out over the entire playerbase, but Zouri has been ridiculously lucky. Let's put it this way: If you buy the Hides when prices are not driven down by the recent Mog Bonanza, the expected profit per Dusk Gloves synth has been as low as 2k and has typically been in the 5-10k range.

Granted, you can drive that up to nearly 100k profit if you buy the Hides now and sell the NQs and HQs a few months from now, but the amount of storage that would involve to make it worth the investment of time and gil would be prohibitive to make any real gil. I'm pretty sure Zouri doesn't owe her fortune to 4000 gloves stored away on an army of mules and a rabid market, she owes it to good luck. I don't see why it's so controversial to say that.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Made a cursed dalm-1 at a random time for a guy my ein ls,.. was messing with him a little but it was kinda funny. totally unexpected hq,.. cloth generally hates me and i only make good things on my leather mule

]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7...6182449.th.png

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    It will average out over the entire playerbase, but Zouri has been ridiculously lucky. Let's put it this way: If you buy the Hides when prices are not driven down by the recent Mog Bonanza, the expected profit per Dusk Gloves synth has been as low as 2k and has typically been in the 5-10k range.

Granted, you can drive that up to nearly 100k profit if you buy the Hides now and sell the NQs and HQs a few months from now, but the amount of storage that would involve to make it worth the investment of time and gil would be prohibitive to make any real gil. I'm pretty sure Zouri doesn't owe her fortune to 4000 gloves stored away on an army of mules and a rabid market, she owes it to good luck. I don't see why it's so controversial to say that.
    I just don't like the term luck. People take words like luck and then say that "oh, they must be doing something to make them luckier!" and we end up back at the moon/day bullshit.

The answer is that HQs clump in the areas where the distribution of data sets are also clumped largest. The amount of HQs in question is indeed anomalous, but it will still even out over even just her personal experience too. Her material and non-dusk synths are growing every day and we don't see 99% of what is going on. Where the HQs are falling in terms of clumps of numbers does make sense statistically, even if the scales are temporarily tipped one way or another at the current time.

I don't like attributing to luck what can be explained coherently and rationally. It takes away from the whole effort against silly and non-critical thinking that develops these stupid crafting theories in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryn View Post
    Made a cursed dalm-1 at a random time for a guy my ein ls,.. was messing with him a little but it was kinda funny. totally unexpected hq,.. cloth generally hates me and i only make good things on my leather mule

]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7...6182449.th.png
    Wonder what he's gonna sell that for lol hope you got a good tip!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

my statement didnt have anything to do with game mechanics :X just stating how much i hate dusk gloves synth :X

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorSelf View Post
    Wonder what he's gonna sell that for lol hope you got a good tip!
    he should be uncursing it,.. if he sells that ill kick his ass,.. and he gave me jack shit for tip

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I would have kept the -1 for myself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast