+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Usukane body and the ACP body makes those harder to sell, as stated previously just hold a steady price and it'll sell eventually, just going to take patience.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Luckily the NQ's are also a decent profit, so I can sit on the HQ for awhile without any gil problems.

1/2 on the day. First one broke and I saved the darksteel cap so I figured I'd try another

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a...8-16-59-58.jpg

I'm not sure what to price it at has anyone sold one lately?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hit 56 synergy today so I figured I'd give this a try. 4th attempt, I didn't think I had the right balance for it but I got lucky, I suppose.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...qmedallion.jpg

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shadymdub View Post
    1/2 on the day. First one broke and I saved the darksteel cap so I figured I'd try another

Start high, I'de do like 15M.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Start high, I'de do like 15M.
    15mil seems low. That's very rare and highly desired. 35mil is the minimum on ffxiah, and I agree with that. It's worth about as much as an E.body -1 and generally seems rarer to me. I'd bazaar it at 45-50mil and see if you get any bites.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

DIAF!! I bet I'm 0/50 on my bone mule. Did a batch of 36 all NQ or breaks.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    15mil seems low. That's very rare and highly desired. 35mil is the minimum on ffxiah, and I agree with that. It's worth about as much as an E.body -1 and generally seems rarer to me. I'd bazaar it at 45-50mil and see if you get any bites.
    ^, haven't played FFXI in months, do what he says lol

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

45-50 mil seems ridiculous <.<

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You bazaar at that much because it's the very upper range of what someone would pay. They send you tells with competitive offers, you wait until you have ~3 people on the line and see what the price range you're being offered is. Move it to a little over that price range and bazaar for a bit more, if no one takes it out of bazaar, sell it to the highest bidder who sent you a tell.

Depends how patient you want to be, but most crafters undervalue the HQs they sell.

I guess bottom line is, maybe 1-3 of those will be made on your server each year. 1-2% HQ rate, NQ sells every 2-3 days ~150 NQs sell every year, people probably NPC another ~100 after that, so ~1.5-4 HQ caps will be made depending what you believe T0 is. That sets the limiting number of caps on the server. The odds of someone who is offering you gil for your HQ cap finding a cheaper source is almost entirely negligible. You have a captive audience, Heca cap +1 will never be surpassed by another WS piece for those jobs, and it isn't like you have to worry about them trying to synth one themselves and crashing the marked (1/2 is awesome). Ride it for all its worth and take your time selling it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You bazaar at that much because it's the very upper range of what someone would pay. They send you tells with competitive offers, you wait until you have ~3 people on the line and see what the price range you're being offered is. Move it to a little over that price range and bazaar for a bit more, if no one takes it out of bazaar, sell it to the highest bidder who sent you a tell.

Depends how patient you want to be, but most crafters undervalue the HQs they sell.

I guess bottom line is, maybe 1-3 of those will be made on your server each year. 1-2% HQ rate, NQ sells every 2-3 days ~150 NQs sell every year, people probably NPC another ~100 after that, so ~1.5-4 HQ caps will be made depending what you believe T0 is. That sets the limiting number of caps on the server. The odds of someone who is offering you gil for your HQ cap finding a cheaper source is almost entirely negligible. You have a captive audience, Heca cap +1 will never be surpassed by another WS piece for those jobs, and it isn't like you have to worry about them trying to synth one themselves and crashing the marked (1/2 is awesome). Ride it for all its worth and take your time selling it.

I've been crafting for 4 years now, and that is a beakdown that I've never seen before. Extremely accurate, and thank you.

Thanks for the advice. I agree with you and started bazaaring it last night for 50M before you responded. I've had an offer of 35M so far within the first 24 hours of it being made. It's a once in a lifetime synth most likely so I'm in no rush to sell it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thanks for the advice. I agree with you and started bazaaring it last night for 50M before you responded. I've had an offer of 35M so far within the first 24 hours of it being made. It's a once in a lifetime synth most likely so I'm in no rush to sell it.
    Sell it fast before the update makes it useless.

Magitek

15Mil is really low, I lost about 20Mil trying to HQ that damn cap, so yeah >_> I'd pay 20Mil for one in a heart beat, provided I ever save 20m again lol. Think I'm close to 0/40 myself, somewhere in the upper 30s at least. Honestly, try to get 25-30 and just settle for it, seems like a fair price from another boneworker's perspective

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sell it for the 35m before the update. Seriously.

AMK helm doesn't beat it, but it was a step in that direction - the first step in 7 years. With the level cap increase, scaling gear, etc, there's a reasonable chance that it will go the way of shura kabuto +1 or togi +1.

Obviously nothing may happen, and you're out 10mil profit, but the potential profit loss as soon as .dats are mind is upwards of 25-30 mil.

Have to choose which is more valuable to you:
    35,000,000g instead of 45,000,000g
    or 8,000,000g instead of 35,000,000g (in extreme)

It's an old game with batshit stupid developers. I wouldn't bet against the house.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Sell it for the 35m before the update. Seriously.

AMK helm doesn't beat it, but it was a step in that direction - the first step in 7 years. With the level cap increase, scaling gear, etc, there's a reasonable chance that it will go the way of shura kabuto +1 or togi +1.

Obviously nothing may happen, and you're out 10mil profit, but the potential profit loss as soon as .dats are mind is upwards of 25-30 mil.

Have to choose which is more valuable to you:
    35,000,000g instead of 45,000,000g
    or 8,000,000g instead of 35,000,000g (in extreme)

It's an old game with batshit stupid developers. I wouldn't bet against the house.
    I don't post here often, but I have to agree with this guy. This update provides the potential to replace some of the best current gear selections available due to the nature of the update. It was actually the driving factor behind me selling my Wivre Mask+1 (100k off price) and Serene Ring. I would go as far as to do Elemental Staves as well, but they'll be increasingly important if they remain top tier mage weapons.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Take the 35m and run. I've offloaded all my rare/expensive shit before this update so that all my gil is in liquid form and I don't lose a fuckton on something devaluing because of new gear. Hell I'm even running at NQ speed on BLM because I'm trying to sell gaiters before lotto lol.

@Byrthnoth, I love you and don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad you're not on Odin. I make a lot of my gil off people who "misprice" items for a quick sale then I patiently sell for more.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

lol, yeah. That's how I make all my money pretty much. I seriously do 1 ENM a week (Fire in the sky, pretty much just for the xp) and resell shit, and I've made probably close to 20-30 mil in the last 4 months without being particularly aggressive about my resale. Before I was banned for Salvage duping, I was seriously into the resale market and had over 30mil in liquid assets to buy high gil items (Gaiters, Cerb Mantle HQs, Osodes, Black Tathlums, Ancient Torques, Novios, Novias, etc) and resell them for 10% more. 10% was my minimum anticipated profit required to invest, more if I expected a longer turnaround time.

Now, I have no real fear of competition springing up because I said impressive stuff here, because the resale business's currency is information. Most people can't get into it because they don't have a feeling for what things are worth, can't guess what the turnaround time on their investments are, or just don't have any balls.

Anyway, if you want to get out with 35mil, that's safe and easy money. Personally, I don't think the odds of them releasing something better than Heca +1 are that great, and even if they did release it HQ Heca would remain a status symbol that some hyperrich JP would pay you for. I'd wait it out, bet against the update, and let people beg you, but taking the money and running might be the smart thing to do and I'm sure no one would think less of you for doing so.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

35M Is the going rate on cursed cap-1 , Ive sold 3 of them rather quickly in the 33-35M range. It is a very rare synth and the NQ gets heavily undercut and sells slowly. Especially with the trend lately of all High prices items going down in value, alot of synths/weapons/gear are just a update away from loosing all value. But its all up to you, you def made one of the top +1 in bonecrafting grats. 3/26

edit: ya still selling off the last 5 NQ caps, one buyer of -1 traded like 10caps for a 1M pricecut cause they went 0/40 or something. Yours is all profit cause you didnt have to bang out all the NQ. Just be aware of those 2 sitting on FFXI AH at 35M when I did mine i had server transfers jumping to come get. So atm 35M is a very good offer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast