Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

I offed it for 35M. With all the talk of the crafting cap being raised and the uncertainty of the new items being released with Abyssea I didn't wanna gamble with a substantial amount of gil. If there wasn't an epic update coming out tomorrow I would have held onto it longer and tried to squeeze more out of it, but I can't really bitch about going 1/2 for 34M profit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

good man.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Smart choice!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Smart choice!
    Yeah but did he take it? O.o

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    We'll know soon enough!

Herzins

Quote Originally Posted by shadymdub View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I agree with you and started bazaaring it last night for 50M before you responded. I've had an offer of 35M so far within the first 24 hours of it being made. It's a once in a lifetime synth most likely so I'm in no rush to sell it.
    I would've sold it right there and then... if you didn't, you won't sell it for that much after the update... GL!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Herzins View Post
    I would've sold it right there and then... if you didn't, you won't sell it for that much after the update... GL!
    Why? was there a piece of gear added that's better?

Herzins

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Why? was there a piece of gear added that's better?
    Probably, I don't know

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj
    Quote Originally Posted by shadymdub View Post
    I offed it for 35M.....If there wasn't an epic update coming out tomorrow I would have held onto it longer and tried to squeeze more out of it, but I can't really bitch about going 1/2 for 34M profit.
    Seems like he did sell it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    He said he "offed" it, as opposed to maybe thinking he said "offered". I'd say that he indeed sold it.

Back on the HQ topic, nothing amazing but a personal best on my wood mule: 5 in a row Jupiter's going 5/6 on the session.

1/1 since I made my last one about a week ago

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/2ndcaphq.jpg

2/3 on cursed cap-1. Pretty amazing, start a relic.

I made back to back, 2/2 dusk gloves +1 on my leather mule on June, 1st too. What a month!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

i havent posted enough... #32
    http://i48.tinypic.com/2hcop51.jpg

What's so special about NQ sniper's, god.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    What's so special about NQ sniper's, god.
    that made me laugh irl... thanks! lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Go away Zouri, you accidentally the whole crafting forum with that shit

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

wish i had your luck on dusk >.> 0/30 or so now id think~ and broke a fucking hide synthing into a leather yesterday which made me QQ

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by entaru View Post
    wish i had your luck on dusk >.> 0/30 or so now id think~ and broke a fucking hide synthing into a leather yesterday which made me QQ
    There's no luck about it.

If Zouri posted a total number of all T0s she's attempted, including leveling subcrafts, T0 material synths, T0 subcraft materials, etc, it would come out to be approximately our observed average for T0, MAYBE a tad higher.

Zouri is not the average crafter. She doesn't do a few crafts here and there, or at least not as I last understood it. I'm almost positive she does as many expensive T0 synths in a week as some people do in a full year. You don't accumulate the gil she has by doing 1-2 dusk synths per week.

That aside she also crafts motherfucking everything. What you see are the HQs and randomly some funky T0 vests or whatnot, but the 1/xxx heroic boots +1 and shit just to say she's made them do exist. No portion of crafting exists in a vacuum, it's a terrible misconception that every synth has it's own appreciable hq % and hq % should remain static with respect to the total number of synths in your batch.

Yes, 1/64 is a certain acceptable percentage for average HQ rate, but you know what else is equivalent to 1/64? 100/6,400. There is no rule that states that the average needs to fulfill itself by any set guidelines. You can theoretically craft 64 dusk +1 in a row and then do 6,336 NQ in a row and still have it make perfect sense. Same if you reverse the figures. Laws of averages are just that, laws of averages. If you have a 25% chance to HQ something and you go 0/4 the laws have not failed you. If you go 0/40 the laws have still not failed you. You've failed yourself by discounting the behemoth leather synth you HQ'd back to back to back and the cuir highboots +1 you had to NPC as trash instead of as data.

Sorry, needed to get that out. It's aggravating seeing people attribute Zouri's success to luck when it is in fact nothing but crafting with the intent to succeed. If you aren't worried about losing money then you are never limited, period. If you have 10,000,000g on hand but won't spend more than 3,000,000g of it at any given time to craft with you will always yield lower returns on average than if you spent the entire 10,000,000g.

Just facts ya huuuuuuuurd?

Edit: Important point that has come up a LOT lately.

All HQ % by tier are based on the average percent distributed over an extraordinarily large amount of synths. Going 0/30 or 0/60 on a Tier 1 is not any more rare than distributing the data in different patterns. The law of averages does not care that you are trying to cherry pick your sample set. If you have a 25% HQ rate and you do 4 synths, only 4 synths, and never synth another again and you go 0/4 you can rightly say that the % rate didn't work for you, but that doesn't make it wrong.

The quick and dirty reason is this (hint, it relates directly to a flipping of a coin analogy): The law of averages, that determines the overall HQ% rate by tier stratification, applies if and only if the sample size is continuous without boundary at any given point in time. As soon as you define a start and end point to the sample size arbitrarily you eliminate the influence of the % HQ rate.

Here is the connection to the analogy. If you flip a coin infinitely many times it will eventually even out to a 50/50 split between heads and tails, always always always always. If you flip a coin 50 times you will see that sometimes you get 25/25, sometimes you get 30/20, sometimes you get 40/10, sometimes you get 31/19. So on and so forth. By limiting the data set you negate the principle on which the law is founded and invalidate the procedure. Just because the coin didn't come up heads and tails evenly over 50x doesn't mean it wouldn't have had you continued to flip it without limit.

---

This has been another friendly PSA on "Keeping your heads out of your asses in the crafting forum" by Sath.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

that was the longest explanation ive seen... but it makes sense. I only craft when i have no other time to play.. And i'm 0/56 on hermes' +1 for a ls.. I dont post the nqs, just the hqs. I do get lucky on the expensive synths for some reason though.....

Crafting and chatting at the same time is about all i do when i am on... Like now... lunch break!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast