Thread: True Blood Season 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    I thought that the King said he is a nuisance, was watching Welt play SSSIV during the episode. Hmmm and didn't some one say that chick who Jason is seeing all the time shouldn't be in this arc? Just leading up to another arc I suppose.
    The girl Jason is getting into is from Hotshots (kinda introduced in the second episode), but that story doesn't start until the 4th book w/ I can't wait for them to do. 4th book is so much better then 2nd and 3rd. They introduced Calvin (the ldr of Hotshots) and I swear they made him out to be this big/husky guy in the book.. not a feeble old man... same as Alcide's packmaster.. wtf.

Episode had some good moments but it felt a bit all over the place to me. Six Feet Under had the same issue at one point, but he got past it, w/ too many characters and sub stories. In S1/2 it felt more coherent since most of the sub plots all were in the same area and overlapped, this time its like the Heroes approach lol. And the story doesn't need more sub characters, I like who we have alrdy (aside Tara, though she was good this episode), so wtf are they doing w/ giving Lafayette a BF

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kytele View Post
    This shit was genius lol

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

Best show ever!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tara becoming interesting? In my True Blood? She was tolerable in this episode, I'm hoping she does something awesome in her dealings with Franklin.

Eric is going to mess some bitches up after finding his father's crown.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kytele View Post
    Lol'd. I can't believe this is the same guy from Where the Heart is. He looks so much skinnier compared to back then. I wish Tera wasn't so annoying or I'd enjoy her story a lot more.

Also, does anyone think Jason's new girl is even remotely attractive? Her chin annoys me, it's like she's missing the bottom half of her face.

Can't wait for next episode.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

She isn't up to the Jason's standards we have seen, for sure

BG Level

None will compare to Dawn, so it doesn't really matter.

[2012: Year of the Whore]
    BG Level

Everyone always rags on Season 2 and Maryanne. I honestly liked the arc.. I didn't like Tara.. but I liked Maryanne.

Anyways, this past episode was amazing (a bit cluttered, but I think the rest of the season will be like this until they merge story lines). Sookie finally using her powers (ala bright blue light) was fun to see too! I hope they explain it more since I haven't read the books.

I feel same as Jak. I didnt like Tara and still dont like her. I liked Mayanne alot, I found her sinister. Also, Jasons new gf looks total trailer trash.

BG Level

Most of this show looks like my town which maybe why I'm drawn to it.. because it feels "real" (as real as vamps can be I guess) being this is a southern town. It doesn't feel hollywoodish or made up.. these people seriously look like they could be my trailer trash meth head neighbors.

The only one who feels sort of.. not so southern.. would be Lafayette but all is forgiven since he's a fucking kick ass character.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well, Crystal (Jason's new girl) is from Hotshot, and as Eric insinuated when he was talking to Calvin Norris about his "brother-cousins" everyone in Hotshot is basically inbred.

Also.. in the books, Hotshot:
    Spoiler: show
    is populated by the Norris family mainly, i.e. inbred, just like the show. Crystal Norris is Calvin Norris's niece, and Calvin Norris is always described as a stand-up guy and a shift supervisor at a local plant, not some douchey redneck who beats up gay black dudes. They're also were-panthers (Calvin, Crystal, the other first-born Norris's, including another dude Felton who kidnaps Jason and keeps biting him, eventually turning him into a were-panther as well (bitten weres don't completely transform, only those "born" were fully transform into the animal). Happy spoiler.

the thing about the maryanne arc was that it drug on too long. by the time everyone had figured out the basic plot/ending there were still like 6 more episodes woodstock. my feeling was just "ok i get it already, please move on" .. in addition to having tara and tara related characters at the forefront just made it more unpleasant than it had to be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Talus View Post
    Well, Crystal (Jason's new girl) is from Hotshot, and as Eric insinuated when he was talking to Calvin Norris about his "brother-cousins" everyone in Hotshot is basically inbred.

Also.. in the books, Hotshot:
    Spoiler: show
    is populated by the Norris family mainly, i.e. inbred, just like the show. Crystal Norris is Calvin Norris's niece, and Calvin Norris is always described as a stand-up guy and a shift supervisor at a local plant, not some douchey redneck who beats up gay black dudes. They're also were-panthers (Calvin, Crystal, the other first-born Norris's, including another dude Felton who kidnaps Jason and keeps biting him, eventually turning him into a were-panther as well (bitten weres don't completely transform, only those "born" were fully transform into the animal). Happy spoiler.
    damn, even when i talked about the books i didn't spoil stuff that badly lol

Quote Originally Posted by quannum View Post
    the thing about the maryanne arc was that it drug on too long
    perfect explanation... no, im serious lol

BG Level

Yah, damn me for clicking on that spoiler .. haha. D= Oh well, I knew something was bound to happen with that story, something big.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I like jasons new girl, its like girl next door cute.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Was finally able to download and watch this episode, so fucking good. Eric's past as a viking is so interesting, I'm always excited when they delve into it. lol at his flirting with Talbot(who is a hilarious character). I didn't watch heroes, but all of the sub-plots really don't bother me since everything seems to be coming to a head. As others have said, usually Tara is annoying as hell but she was excellent in this past episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    None will compare to Dawn, so it doesn't really matter.
    I like me some Sarah Newlin... Jason's fantasy scene at the cookout was like the best scene of all time. But yeah current skank is fugly.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I like me some Sarah Newlin... Jason's fantasy scene at the cookout was like the best scene of all time.
    Good point.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/FjQRtmczp...gH3Io1_400.jpg

GATTACA!

BG Level

Oh why did I never google image search for Sarah Newlin... thank you sir.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What are you guys talking about!

The chick that Jason did V with was way way hotter. The brunette. The one that got killed beside him when they where off their heads!

Also whats the deal with the whole church of the sun deal, seems to be completely gone now from the story? Will it return.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Great episode. I'm with Moss, any flashbacks to Eric as a viking are win. I'd love to see his life between the incident we saw this week and when Godric turned him.

Did anyone else get the feeling from the king's reaction that he knew exactly what the source of Sookie's power was?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast