Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Dunno where to put this but help me out....can't update pol info

Been trying for the past 7 days to update my account info on POL and it simply won't let me. I've called SE 3 times concerning this matter and all they say is "try again or nothing we can do". Rejects any credit card I give it, won't let me reactivate anything, and for some reason even though been using the same bank card for 6 yrs, it declined my card at the beginning of the month. SE won't tell me anything either (SE Rep just goes nothing we can do). Anyone else having this issue? SE isn't helping at all and I'm about up to here with my temper. Any input would be appreciated concerning this matter.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

All my cards have securecode activated. That isn't the issue.

I had same issue, read the error message and did as it suggested; I put the same card I was using in and it went through fine. Extra step was that I had to verify securecode which wasn't there when I signed up 6 years ago.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Error message for me says 3 things :

1. Server busy
    2. Please check if CC is verified
    3. Please check if CC is entered correctly.

It is verified and it is entered correctly. I seriously doubt the server has been busy for 7 days 24 hrs straight.

Have you tried to choose "update billing info" then "re-activate content id?" It is the pol menu under membership. It should que you to do the secure code thing and get all of your chars re-registered.

Merely having a secure code active card is not enough, this is because any new or re-activated content id OR updated billing info requires the entry of the secure code password upon reactivating the content id/updating billing info.

Getting your content id reactivated requires you to first re-enter your billing/cc info (even if it is the same cc and billing, the system requires you to go through the process of updating billing info when your content id's are canceled.) Then choose re-activate content id.

Oh and make sure maintenance is not going on.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Maintenance was supposed to end yesterday and nothing has changed. And yes I reverified my cards when i update my cc info and it says I cannot use that card or server busy. I think something wrong with the server or my account is red flagged.

Hmm. I was going on what happened to me when my card declined payment for a month for insufficient funds.

When I called to tell them my card declined, they told me to re-update cc info first then re-activate id. I have never seen the message you mentioned. One thing though, I did give customer service the message number(s) and they were able to look it up to tell me what it means.

Perhaps your decline card message has a number for what type it is and you can get the info on what it requires by telling them the number.
    There is also web chat customer service.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

SE rep just says huge server congestion and nothing they can do and I have to wait for it to die down. 7 days and it still hasn't died down. The rep told me it takes 2-3 weeks for it to die down. Seriously SE, that many people have logging in issues? Man sounds like the server can only handle 5-10 people at a time >.>.

I had this problem myself, except my card went through fine on one account, charged it and everything, but on another account the card didn't go through, and wasn't able to re-enter the info...I was having the same problems as you.

I tried my girlfriend's card on it, and it went through fine...makes no sense as I know my card isn't being declined.

so i herd u liek trollin
    BG Level

Next time, please strongly consider using the Random Question Thread. Other than that, good luck!

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wait at least 72 hours until your next attempt

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Are you using a NA POL on a EU account or vice-versa?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Wait at least 72 hours until your next attempt
    This, seriously. I've had the problem when my card was one of the lucky few that was rejected by POL and I had to reissue it onto my account and I had to go through hell to get it back on.

If all else fails, and you cannot get it on I suggest the following resolutions(its what I did after giving up on this shitty system)

Order a copy of Final Fantasy XI for Xbox360
    when it arrives, go to your Local Gamestop, and purchase a Xbox360, sign in, put in all your information, setup your info with your credit card onto your POL account, log in on your PC to make sure it works, repack your Xbox360 drive back to your Gamestop and ask for a refund because it isn't what you expected the system to be like and you were extremely disappointed.

being that you had owned the system for ~6hours depending on the update service, and with Gamestop having a policy where they will take back accessories/consoles even if they are taken out of package, and are returned with receipt that they will take it back, before 7 days I strongly recommend you do not procrastinate on taking it back either. I took mine back right away after reformatting it/removing all things installed on it and taking off all the information that I had put on it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ive been getting this exact same error message. The SE rep just told me try every 15 minutes until it goes through. Still trying after like a week...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Order a copy of Final Fantasy XI for Xbox360
    when it arrives, go to your Local Gamestop, and purchase a Xbox360, sign in, put in all your information, setup your info with your credit card onto your POL account, log in on your PC to make sure it works, repack your Xbox360 drive back to your Gamestop and ask for a refund because it isn't what you expected the system to be like and you were extremely disappointed.
    This. For some reason, they don't even require SecureCode/VBV on Xbox/PS2. It's the only way some (most?) people can still play.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I have had the same problem multiple times. Since they added the garbage securecode service I have never been able to register any credit card I have tried. After being off the game for nearly a month I finally resorted to calling a friend and having him update my CC info on his Xbox. Now any time I need to update CC info I have to call him and have him change it. It really is pathetic that the system fails this bad and SE has absolutely no work around for it. Their customer service isn't even aware of the issue from what I have seen.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just a little update on my own venture. I called them time and time again getting the same response. "The server is busy if you know your information is correct. Keep trying ever 15 minutes."

Complete bullshit; dusted off my PS2 version(I upgraded to PC years and years ago) and it went through flawlessly.

I can only assume its the secure code that fucked it up.~

There is no server congestion and there is most likely no error with the info you're entering. The problem is with their logicless billing system. It is shit and just doesn't accept some perfectly valid/secured cards.

Try entering all your card info and getting past the Secure 3-D step. Then when you're on the last step where it shows the card information you entered (where you can confirm(submit?), edit, or cancel) click "edit" and re-enter one of the fields (i'm not sure if you actually have to change anything, but when I did it, I changed the card info to a completely different card. Both of which cards were being rejected with your error message.)

This should essentially bypass the Secure 3-D system (which is where this problem seems to originate, but SE refuses to admit), just like if you were to update your info on a PS2. If you have a Secure 3-D card, once you get past the Secure 3-D step, you can edit the card info to ANY card and it won't re-ask for Secure 3-D info.

Gentaro

Same issue

Me and my Girlfriend had the same issue, I think i spent like 12 hours in the POL support chat (either waiting or getting kicked out by their retarded agents).

Not sure if this solution helps you in any way, since we had problems filling in payment information from a German CC in the US form in the POL Viewer

They want you to enter the 9-digit-ZIP-Code,but in Germany you only have 5 digits - we ended up splitting the digits in the 2 textfields and in the end it worked. I'm not quite sure,but isn't the 4digit-part in the US ZIP-Code unnecessary? Try splitting the first 5 digits in the 2 boxes like this:

instead of 12345-6789 -> 123-45