+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    The three beers that you have listed are all wheat beers.
    What you might want to try to do is to jump to the opposite end of the spectrum and try some of the stouts and porters that some of the other posters have mentioned.
    I'll do that if I can find them.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

One thing you might want to try is finding a pub that brews their own wide variety of beers, and try some of those. I would also suggest Sierra Nevada as a bitter beer you might try, and also a porter would be something you might try. I don't drink porters very much though so I can't give any specific suggestions.

Edit: Guinness extra stout in bottles might be a decent stout actually. I only really like the normal Guinness when its kegged, avoid it in bottles.

Sipping on this right now:
    http://www.freewebs.com/johnnydrunke...aus%20Bier.JPG

This isn't the exact beer, but it's basically the same. I think it is a rebrew of this beer. Dobbelbock, and it has to be one of the most flavorful beers I've had since that Gulden Draak I posted a couple pages ago. 14% alc/vol to boot. Eating it with some potato latkes and I have to say it's a pretty good paring to take the edge off the almost-sweet taste.

http://www.humpdayhappiness.com/imag...heReverend.jpg
    Had this the other night and was very pleasantly surprised by it also. This one was a Quadruple

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I had a Blue Moon belgian white with dinner the other day, was actually really good; based on the description of the Witbier style on BA I guess I should try to find more like it since the taste I experienced was pretty much how they describe the overall style and there wasn't really anything I didn't like about it. Hoegaarden is probably next on my hit list, since that seems to be popular around here yeah?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I remember my first beer!

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So I've been enjoying dogfish lately, my store just started carrying it... but I go out with friends alot to bars.

When you guys go to a bar/restaurant with a limited selection on draft and bottle, especially a restaurant, what do you all drink? This is with the intention to get buzzed/drunk and also with dinner like with gf/friends.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well, if you're going with the intension to get buzzed/drunk beer is the least efficient way to do so. Out for dinner with gf I go for wine and with friends mixed drinks or just something over ice. Once I started drinking good/better beer I feel like the mainstream stuff is just wasted money, although you will get angry looks from anyone you tell that that enjoys that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    Once I started drinking good/better beer I feel like the mainstream stuff is just wasted money, although you will get angry looks from anyone you tell that that enjoys that kind of stuff.
    I love those angry looks, lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Tried Yuengling black and tan, it was not what I was looking for, coffee is not something I drink and that taste in a beer was not good.

Up next is Landshark. Any other suggestions?

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If there's no local craft beer I ask for Sam Adams, if no dice there I just either don't drink or get a mixed drink.

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Tried Yuengling black and tan, it was not what I was looking for, coffee is not something I drink and that taste in a beer was not good.

Up next is Landshark. Any other suggestions?
    Yeah, something other than a macro pilsner. lol Sam Adams is easy as fuck to get pretty much anywhere and most of it's really good. What part of the country are you from? Can probably suggest some good local craft beer.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    If there's no local craft beer I ask for Sam Adams, if no dice there I just either don't drink or get a mixed drink.

Yeah, something other than a macro pilsner. lol Sam Adams is easy as fuck to get pretty much anywhere and most of it's really good. What part of the country are you from? Can probably suggest some good local craft beer.
    didn't like the Sam Adam's wheat beers I tried. I'm in Alabama.

I don't like many Wheat beers in general. Hoegaarden is decent, but there's always the exception to the rule

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I don't like many Wheat beers in general. Hoegaarden is decent, but there's always the exception to the rule
    Continuing to state my expert opinion that wheat beer isn't true beer.

Tried this one-time beer by Cigar City the other day on tap called 110k+OT Batch #3. Its a 10% ABV, 110 IBU, Double IPA nicknamed "The Other West Coast."

BA didn't like it all that much, but I thought it was good. Not anywhere near as hoppy as I was expecting and very smooth, wouldnt have guessed it was an IPA if someone had given one to me blind. Was a tasty beer though, very complex flavors although I think they fucked up with the hops or something, add some more hops to it and it would have been a lot better imo.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    Continuing to state my expert opinion that wheat beer isn't true beer.
    Let's not get snooty now

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I generally don't like wheat beers either. Sam Adams makes tons of beer that isn't wheat, try those FNH.

Favorite wheat beer is New Holland's Pilgrim's Dole, it's a "wheat wine"; barley wine with wheat grist instead of barley, they are fucking win. Weyerbacher made their 14th anniversary beer a wheat wine too, also delicious. Huge fan of barley wines but I don't generally care for wheat but I'm addicted to the style.

Just had this last night on tap at World of Beer really liked it. Packed a serious punch at 9.2% and had a lot going on. Had a great creme brulee flavor, definitely a great beer by the solid Southern Teir:

Oh and the smell was probably the most memorable thing about this beer, first whiff is like "holy shit" in a good way, probably the best smelling beer I've had in sometime.

http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/...eme-brulee.gif

Sanoske

Yup, posted that a page or two back. It's delicious and has an amazing aroma, my only problem was it was so rich that I had a hard time making it through my tall glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske View Post
    Yup, posted that a page or two back. It's delicious and has an amazing aroma, my only problem was it was so rich that I had a hard time making it through my tall glass.
    I thought I had heard about it before, guess it was here. Yea, it is a sipping beer for sure and I cant imagine drinking more than one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

all the southern tier stouts are pretty good.

re: "wheat beers aren't real beers," try some weizenbocks and you'll see that this is as... i'll say "jumping the gun" as saying "lagers aren't really beers" because you don't like bud light or something.

jumpoff beers: vitus, aventinus, ayinger weizenbock.

bud light isn't really beer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast