BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Tis the season, so I picked up a four pack of this while in the DC area and have been enjoying it

http://images.quickblogcast.com/9166...erium_Noel.jpg

Also have to add this, one of the best trappist ales out there

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fzdIhtRmHU...0/DSC_0104.JPG

Was oh so yummy
    i came home from work the other night to see a 4pack of delirium tremens my dad had bought. were delicious. he wasn't very amused the next day when he went to get one and they were gone.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like Peche Mortel better.
    I need to make a trip out to their brewpub sometime.

Seconding the Delirium Noel <3

EDIT: Seconding Mad Elf. I'm surprised nobody else made notice of it.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

http://dieline.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8...d9c7970b-550wi

I sell this and get it for free. It's pretty delicious.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroikage View Post
    I like Peche Mortel better.
    I need to make a trip out to their brewpub sometime.
    Never noticed you were in montreal, haven't tasted Peche Mortel yet.

So I've been hooking up with this chick who I've come to discover knows more about beer than me...by a lot. Her palate and knowledge is ridiculous, she works at a bar with a ton of beers on tap and she is just hardcore. Best girl ever or best girl ever? Busted this out of her fridge last night, man was it good, should give it a try if you can find it. I hear its pretty difficult to find in some areas:

Bell's HopSlam Ale
    Starting with six different hop varietals added to the brew kettle & culminating with a massive dry-hop addition of Simcoe hops, Bell's Hopslam Ale possesses the most complex hopping schedule in the Bell's repetoire. Selected specifically because of their aromatic qualities, these Pacific Northwest varieties contribute a pungent blend of grapefruit, stone fruit, and floral notes. A generous malt bill and a solid dollop of honey provide just enough body to keep the balance in check, resulting in a remarkably drinkable rendition of the Double India Pale Ale style.
    http://blogs.pitch.com/fatcity/hopslam.jpg

That beer isn't even out yet this year, how the fuck did you get it? lol, my roommate plans on buying 2-3 cases of it once it is released this year

I was about to say maybe it was last years brew...but it only has a 6 month shelf life and no way would she buy a year old beer anyways, she is pretentious as shit about things like that.

Can't wait to get my hands on more, only had the one bottle to split. I was really impressed with how drinkable it was for being 10%, couldnt tell at all. "A" rating on BA so guess that says it all. I am finding Southern Tier, Blue Point, Stone, Left Hand etc beers in more and more regular bars, I love how popular good beer is becoming.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

that is weird. all the available hopslam should be out of code right now (shrug). either way, finding someone to make sex with who also shares a deep interest of yours is always nice.

my hit or miss advice to impress her is to find some cantillon and bring it over. all the better if it's lou pepe. j.w. lees harvest ale (the older the better) is another "see, i know the right thing to buy," beer.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    Never noticed you were in montreal, haven't tasted Peche Mortel yet.
    I arrived via Saskatchewan, the variety of beer available here is refreshing to say the least.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone try the new Guinness Dark Lager? I saw it in Chicago but couldn't buy it at the time. Can't find it anywhere else and I won't be back in Chicago until T-day.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Anyone try the new Guinness Dark Lager? I saw it in Chicago but couldn't buy it at the time. Can't find it anywhere else and I won't be back in Chicago until T-day.
    it's just more pseudo-beer shit from guinness. however, they are releasing a new, surprisingly good beer called guinness foreign extra stout. it's overpriced, but it hangs with american craft beer at least.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

we have had the foreign extra stout around here for at least a month or so. I'll have to try it

EDIT: Looks like the Dark Lager is shit, but the FES is the shit. Going to get that instead next time getting booze.

CHELLLLLLLLLLLLL
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garnet Cat
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Guiness is tap-only for me.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I concur.

Had this the other day

http://i54.tinypic.com/vgh24l.png

Was an excellent beer. Flavorful and a little cloudier than most, not overbearing with citrus or spice though.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Hey sorry this isn't about beer. Trying to find a good drink to get at a bar that only has shitty beers and no microbrews, and was leaning towards whiskey sours. I absolutely hate the smell and thought of jack daniels after a close call with it several years ago - any suggestions on a different whiskey? I've never really liked any straight, although I recently tried 1792 richmond reserve straight and that wasn't too bad.

Was thinking of buying some makers mark and giving that a try.

So my roommate, and good friend, has been buying up craft beers all semester and been storing them in his closet for our winter break so us and our close friends can have a month-long beer-fest . We live really close together so I gave him a ride back to our hometown, and he wanted to start to move all the beer he's gotten so far. T.H.I.R.T.E.E.N. fucking cases of very high quality beer - over $900 so far, and he plans to keep on growing the collection until the start of beer-fest.

It's going to be another month before our semester ends, but I will bring pictures of the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Hey sorry this isn't about beer. Trying to find a good drink to get at a bar that only has shitty beers and no microbrews, and was leaning towards whiskey sours. I absolutely hate the smell and thought of jack daniels after a close call with it several years ago - any suggestions on a different whiskey? I've never really liked any straight, although I recently tried 1792 richmond reserve straight and that wasn't too bad.

Was thinking of buying some makers mark and giving that a try.
    Nothing ever is wrong with a good original vodka/gin martini. Grey Goose is a vodka that most bars have, but I would ask what potato vodka they have, because that's usually going to cost less and be a higher-quality vodka. If you don't like vodka then go the gin route. I personally like gin more, but I'll still usually get my martini's with vodka.

Just make sure you tell them what vodka you want in it or you'll get nasty ass Aristocrat vodka, lol

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I used to do goose and tonic but it seems to give me worse hangovers than anything else I drink. never really been a martini person, but then again, I've never really given them a chance.