+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/185/photovru.jpg

this beer is pretty strong, i went to the store looking for mad elf which is 11%... can't imagine how i'd be feeling if i were drinking that shit, raging bitch is a bit bitter... definitely won't be getting this again, might save a couple for some friends to try.. always good to let your friends try a microbrew you're sure they would've never had otherwise..

Pliny the Elder...where the hell do you get that and/or Pliny the Younger? They are rated so highly, I've wanted to try it for a while now.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

The younger is a limited release in February. From what I've heard its pretty hard to get your hands on. The elder afaik is a year round beer, but Russian River doesn't distribute too far. I'm lucky though because there's a little cornerstore near my house that always has the elder. The younger, I've also heard, isn't bottled so good luck with that.

Ah I never did do the research I should have lol, looks like they hardly distribute their beer anywhere...and no where near me lol.

You should ship me a bottle. Or 6.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

As long as I can drink it all.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    Ah I never did do the research I should have lol, looks like they hardly distribute their beer anywhere...and no where near me lol.

You should ship me a bottle. Or 6.
    pliny the elder is easy to trade for on beeradvocate. you could get some easily if you offer up a couple cigar city beers (for example). for younger, your only chance is to go to cali and get it at the brewery on the day they release it or at one of the few local bars that gets a keg, or to trade for a growler from someone who goes to the release (this would take bigger trading fodder than year round releases you find at the store though).

beer trading is fun, but adding shipping costs to beer costs fucking sucks. i traded some random locals for this beer (which i apparently went on to write a fucking tome about), which was worth it for various reasons (for one, i traded for 3 bottles and gave one to my friend to get him in the spirit the night before his wedding). including extras*, i ended up getting 3 22oz bottles and 4 12oz bottles, while my total cost ended up over like $80 when factoring in the price of the 7 or 8 22oz bottles i bought, shipping, and packing material. $80~$90 for 114oz of beer is like a $34 six pack, which is a tear-inducing way of thinking about what i did ._.

incidentally, i tried pliny the elder for free when a friend traded for a case and gave me some.

* beer trades customarily include a few mystery extras; generally locals, or things you see on someone's "wants" list that you have access to. i sent some other local bombers and a growler from the willimantic brewery, a somewhat renowned brewpub in my state.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega View Post
    As long as I can drink it all.
    so u can drink a lot??

If I can find a cable to hook up my digital camera to my PC then I will start uploading pictures tomorrow of Beer-fest winter-break edition. Oh, it's good. 15-16 cases of craft beer, well over $1.2k. Roommie is being modest when I ask him just how much has been spent (I've partly paid for it, but I wasn't present for a lot of the purchases). From what I've seen in the pictures - the labels are kind of hard to read, but if you know what you're looking at then you can tell what it is, and if you ask then I'll tell. We started tonight with 10 beers as just a prelude, as my good friend just flew in from Boulder had already gotten wasted and then got on the plane, so he was kind of tired.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by winterwinter View Post
    so u can drink a lot??
    i kin drank 65

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...amminedit1.jpg

Enjoyed some of these with friends last weekend. It went down nicely with the dinner, tasty beer to drink while eating. However, even though it is good all around, definitely not worth the price tag, imo. There is better out there. Nice bottle though.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

http://www.phawker.com/wp-content/up.../03/duvel1.jpg

Finally found a place in South Korea where I can get some Duvel. I am now a happy, happy man

Duvel's good, but a little over-carbonated for me. Probably the best thing at the grocery store 90% of the time though

Just had a drink out of that duvel tulip-glass though, haha

Dude, I wanna see those pics of all that beer lol. I'm not a real big Duvel fan :/

I have a picture of them all in cases, lol, I don't have my camera with me or I would go ahead and do it now. I really wanted to get a picture of a single of each beer together in one shot, but I may not be able to do that. I am getting them pictured as we drink them though so they'll all get one here one way or another.

We started out with 10 bottles to start off easy Thursday because we all had shit to do Friday, and one of my buddies was driving up to Ashville in the morning

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

duvel is a standard-setter. i love it. duvel is to belgian strong pale ales as pliny the elder is to DIPAs.

anyway, posting to opine to beer aficionados: don't fall for the advertising and hype/chatter about the just-released sam adams / weihenstephan collaboration beer, infinium. without a doubt, it's a well-crafted, tasty beer, but it's no utopias, and more to the point, it isn't worth $20/bottle by any stretch of the imagination. i'm enjoying this bottle, but i could have bought at least 3 or 4 superior beers for the price i paid for this. unless you have a lot of money and get a huge, throbbing boner at the thought of "fruity up front, big and creamy carbonation, sourdough bread finish, lots of alcohol taste," you're wasting your money on this beer. awesome looking bottle though:

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/feat...inal-thumb.JPG

I was pondering over a bottle of that, but decided against it so early because I know it's going to still be on the shelves a couple months from now

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by pahnphoenix View Post
    anyway, posting to opine to beer aficionados: don't fall for the advertising and hype/chatter about the just-released sam adams / weihenstephan collaboration beer, infinium. without a doubt, it's a well-crafted, tasty beer, but it's no utopias, and more to the point, it isn't worth $20/bottle by any stretch of the imagination. i'm enjoying this bottle, but i could have bought at least 3 or 4 superior beers for the price i paid for this. unless you have a lot of money and get a huge, throbbing boner at the thought of "fruity up front, big and creamy carbonation, sourdough bread finish, lots of alcohol taste," you're wasting your money on this beer. awesome looking bottle though:

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/feat...inal-thumb.JPG
    This is correct, it was not bad, but even at $10 a bottle i would not buy it again. It currently goes for $20... Pahn was right, you can buy much better beer for much less.

A picture of the cases:

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...p/100_0156.jpg

Not all the beer, the rest is in the fridge:

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...p/100_0154.jpg
    http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...p/100_0155.jpg

what we drank the first night:

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/y...p/100_0160.jpg

I'll post later tonight what we're drinking tonight

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

mm, duck rabbit. they won the american craft beer fest for me with their sour. i see from all the mikkeler where all the money you mentioned went(:.