+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I drank the Founders and and the Samuel Smiths oatmeal last night. Both pretty damn good, I really liked the Founder's Breakfast Stout, that was delish. Kinda wish I had grabbed more of the expedition the way you guys talk! Gonna crack that one tonight for sure.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Anything by Founders and Samuel Smith are consistently great. Founders imperial stout and Samuel Smith organic chocolate stout are pretty high up on the list. I also drank the Einstok Porter today, and would definitely recommend.

If you like Founder's Breakfast Stout then you should try their Kentucky Breakfast Stout, but it's not about which is better, because they are both phenomenal beers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The problem with kbs is that it is almost impossible to find. I went through hell and highwater to get only 2 bottles for about 6 bucks a pop

Quote Originally Posted by Jicent View Post
    The problem with kbs is that it is almost impossible to find. I went through hell and highwater to get only 2 bottles for about 6 bucks a pop
    I may have been looking at the right time, or it may just be easier to find here in NC. Either way, the comment was directly towards Day, and we shop at a lot of the same places for our beer.

Bringer of Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Has a bear on the label so I bought one. Could taste the chocolate a little bit throughout, and the cherry came in at the end faintly making it a little less bitter than I normally expect from a stout.

Overall it was decent, might get it again sometime.

I wish Portland brewing Blackwatch cream porter wasn't seasonal, was really enjoying it over the holidays.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Friday I was able to pick up a Worldwide Stout, Bell's Black Note 2013, a 4 pack of Bourbon County Stout, and a third KBS from the store. Thinking of waxing a couple of them to see if it really does anything for me, taking the earlier advice from this thread.

I will have to drink one KBS, though, as I have not had it before.

Are there any PAs/IPAs out there from lesser known breweries I should be on the look out for? I've had many different ones, but maybe something that has just recently started shipping to a wider area?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Sweet, I got the call that I won a raffle to buy a bottle of KBS from my shop lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Friday I was able to pick up a Worldwide Stout, Bell's Black Note 2013, a 4 pack of Bourbon County Stout, and a third KBS from the store. Thinking of waxing a couple of them to see if it really does anything for me, taking the earlier advice from this thread.

I will have to drink one KBS, though, as I have not had it before.

Are there any PAs/IPAs out there from lesser known breweries I should be on the look out for? I've had many different ones, but maybe something that has just recently started shipping to a wider area?
    All very good stouts. I have no idea what breweries are lesser known, so I'll just name a few good IPA's: Tröegs - Perpetual IPA, Tröegs - Nugget Nectar (not technically an IPA, but it drinks like one), Foothills - Hoppyum, Lagunitas - DayTime, Langunitas - A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale (an wheat IPA, but I don't even like wheat beers and this is wonderful), Bells - Two Hearted Ale. If you've had all these or can't find them then it may be time for you to look up the local craft breweries in your area and go pick up a growler

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Sweet, I got the call that I won a raffle to buy a bottle of KBS from my shop lol.
    Very nice!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    All very good stouts. I have no idea what breweries are lesser known, so I'll just name a few good IPA's: Tröegs - Perpetual IPA, Tröegs - Nugget Nectar (not technically an IPA, but it drinks like one), Foothills - Hoppyum, Lagunitas - DayTime, Langunitas - A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale (an wheat IPA, but I don't even like wheat beers and this is wonderful), Bells - Two Hearted Ale. If you've had all these or can't find them then it may be time for you to look up the local craft breweries in your area and go pick up a growler

Very nice!
    I've had the Troegs and Lagunitas. Never seen Foothills. I'll try the Two Hearted Ale as I saw that at the store.

Captain Lawrence is a local brewery near me. They have decent Pale ALes and an IPA, but Ive had better.

They also have a $2 all you can drink happy hour.

I sometimes forget just how spoiled I am with 15+ breweries in about a 30 mile radius from my home

I love the Midwest, it's a beer drinkers region and all of it is soo deliciousssss

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I've had the Troegs and Lagunitas. Never seen Foothills. I'll try the Two Hearted Ale as I saw that at the store.

Captain Lawrence is a local brewery near me. They have decent Pale ALes and an IPA, but Ive had better.

They also have a $2 all you can drink happy hour.
    You're definitely close to where I live than. I'd recommend grabbing some Two Hearted ale, Central Waters Glacial Trail or if you want more drinkable I'd say Hop Session from Central Waters. Also delicious IPA would be Thirsty Dog's Citra Dog.
    Depending where you are try to track down Rushing Duck Naysayer or War Elephant.
    I could go on and on haha.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I sometimes forget just how spoiled I am with 15+ breweries in about a 30 mile radius from my home
    There are quite a few breweries near me, but I've had it all before or it's just decent. I'm in NYC so I've got Bronx Brewery, Gun Hill Brewery/Brewpub, Captain Lawrence, Defiant (Pearl River, NY), Six Point, Kelso, and if I take a trip, Gilded Otter (New Paltz). There are quite a few popping up that I've only heard about, but never seen such as Barrier in Queens and Greenport on the east end of Long Island.

The problem seems to be quality and not quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    You're definitely close to where I live than. I'd recommend grabbing some Two Hearted ale, Central Waters Glacial Trail or if you want more drinkable I'd say Hop Session from Central Waters. Also delicious IPA would be Thirsty Dog's Citra Dog.
    Depending where you are try to track down Rushing Duck Naysayer or War Elephant.
    I could go on and on haha.
    I'll take a look and try to find Rushing Duck, Central Waters, and Thirsty Dog. If you've got any more throw them at me. It's spring which means it's time to start moving towards some hops.

If anyone is in the Greater NYC area, see if you can find Defiant or go over to their brewpub in Pearl River. It's right on the NJ Transit commuter rail line, literally at the Pearl River station, so there's safe transportation to and from NYC. Their stout is what got them going in the area (I grew up in the next town over), but their Medusa IPA is pretty good. Growlers were cheap and they have the swing top as opposed to screw caps which I always found to be nicer. At least they used to; been a while since I've gone over there.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Barrier is an absolutely top notch brewery and if you ever find yourself that direction I highly recommend it. If you ever feel like hopping the train out, Peekskill Brewery is a two minute walk from the peekskill stop and is a great visit as the beer and the food are phenomenal.
    Six point in Brooklyn has been "renovating" their brewery for the better part if 4 years now. They brew almost everything in PA.
    Tørst in Brooklyn is a great bar to hit if you want to try some world class sours/iPad/stouts/Belgian unique brews.
    If you see it at a wateringhole, SingleCut billy beer series is a great IPA line and they're brewed right in Queens.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've been meaning to hit up Defiant since they're so close by. I'm currently living in Suffern.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    I've been meaning to hit up Defiant since they're so close by. I'm currently living in Suffern.
    Like I said, can take the train down and back. Easy and no driving.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Pirian bottle revolution has a bunch of Left Hand "Wake Up Dead" Nitro right now. It's their imperial stout. Pretty fucking good, I grabbed a couple. Out of Breakfast stout at the moment though Also grabbed couple more expeditions and Founders Imperial Stout, that was solid as expected.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

To get through this week I have been telling myself "stick it out until Thursday, I'll be in DC Thursday night."

Very excited to get some good food and lots of beer tastings on Friday at Savor.

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Pirian bottle revolution has a bunch of Left Hand "Wake Up Dead" Nitro right now. It's their imperial stout. Pretty fucking good, I grabbed a couple. Out of Breakfast stout at the moment though Also grabbed couple more expeditions and Founders Imperial Stout, that was solid as expected.
    Oh yeah? I'll probably have to go get a couple bottles, myself. I've been brewing so much lately, so I haven't been buying much beer.