FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

How could anyone say no to this.....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I love Shirts and what they do, I wish they would stop slacking and distribute to New York already!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

This is first Short's purchase I've made in I think all of 2015, or at least 2015's brew season. They really dropped the ball this year on anything other than IPA's pretty much. Any stout or porter they put out was very expensive and low abv. I was incredibly disappointed to not see Mystery Stout at all this year. I love trying new things or when something like Plead The 5th or Founders Imperial Stout comes out, but ROAK Devil Dog Oatmeal Stout (for my taste buds) is the best stout on the market today. I'll probably stick with that unless I see something I haven't tried and is reasonably priced.

A buddy is coming to visit soon and he snagged one 12oz bottle of Goose Island Bourbon Barrel County Stout. I've never even seen that in a store and am anticipating getting to try it!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    A buddy is coming to visit soon and he snagged one 12oz bottle of Goose Island Bourbon Barrel County Stout. I've never even seen that in a store and am anticipating getting to try it!
    It should be a 16.9oz if it's this years, Commit to it! I feel you on the Devil Dog Oatmeal, Delicious. If you can find it in your area Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin is my absolute favorite oatmeal stout. I crush cases every year. Plus a keg on draft at my house. Ha.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

There are about 8 4-packs of the Bourbon County at my local grocer.

I also picked up the Bell's 30th Anniversary Ale. Didn't actually look to see what kind of beer it was (I assumed a brown ale or similar). Turns out it's an Imperial Stout.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I wasn't impressed with that Bell's 30th. I'd take Dark Horse Plead The 5th or even Bell's Expedition Stout over it any day.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I haven't seen Dark Horse near me, unfortunately.

I managed to snag 2 bottles of the bourbon county special reserve and 1 bottle of the regular bourbon county

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    There are about 8 4-packs of the Bourbon County at my local grocer.
    That's kind of crazy

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So in my area we have a small family owned grocery store chain (if you call it that, 4 markets?) called Joe Randazzo's. Mostly healthy/organic with tons of fresh food. They do have a beer section and I noticed last time they had Dark Horse Plead The 5th for only $12.99 a 4 pack. Go there tonight to see if anything is new and they had Backwoods Bastard for $14.99 a 4 pack (other stores selling it for $8/bottle). I was going to go with my regular favorite Devil Dog ($8.99/6pk there) but after talking with the dept. manager he pointed at a porter called Victory At Sea. I'm not a huge porter person, but the abv is 10% and it's priced at $12.99/6pk. Just cracked it and man is it good! Heavy coffee flavor with very light hints of vanilla and that semi smoky porter touch. An incredible beer for a change of pace if you're like me (stout guy) and the price for quality is an incredible value. Check it out! http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/199/48505/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Never have seen this before so we splurged and bought it. It's a little boozy, and has an ever so slight black ale taste, but it's warming and starting to taste like a great boozy imperial stout at 12%.

Did a holiday beer exchange with two friends. These are what I got (images spoiled for wtfhuge):

Spoiler: show

The person that sent the first picture's beers lives in New Mexico, and the person that sent the 2nd picture's beers lives in Maine, though she travels a ton so I don't think her beers are as Maine-centric as my New Mexico buddy's are more New Mexico-centric.

Things that aren't apparent by the photos:

The Belgian Strong Ale in the 1st picture is a 2014 bottle.

The Bourbon Barrel Imperial stout in the 2nd picture is a 2010 or 2011 bottle, I forget.
    The Hesperus (barleywine) in the 2nd picture is a 2014 bottle, but it is a blend of their 2013 barleywine aged in oak barrels and their 2014, so it has some natural age on it + aged in a cellar for close to 2 years.

The plan was to have a $30 limit per person, but they both got around that rule by getting some of their beers for free (specifically, those I just listed), so my lineup for them was nowhere near as impressive

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Not worthy of pics, but Founder's Imperial Stout is at my local spots now!! At my local grocery spot it's $10.99/4k which is pretty excellent! On a side note while not beer, a friend was visiting and bought me New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon and it is incredibly smooth! It's supposed to be the same barrels they use for Dragon's Milk.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

On a side note while not beer, a friend was visiting and bought me New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon and it is incredibly smooth! It's supposed to be the same barrels they use for Dragon's Milk.
    It's been years since I had it; I got some of their earlier batches and it was nice but a bit aggressive. I've heard it's even better now. I love that they use the DM barrels to age the bourbon then they did a DM reserve that used the barrels AGAIN; it was awesome.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A friend of mine found my favorite black ale, Old Engine Oil, and grabbed me a six pack.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/323/875/

So awesome.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Local store is having a blowout on Southern Tier Oranj Chocolate. Usually goes for around $12/22oz. Selling it 2 for $5. Happy!

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Local store is having a blowout on Southern Tier Oranj Chocolate. Usually goes for around $12/22oz. Selling it 2 for $5. Happy!
    I was pretty happy with that one but Pizza Boy did one that tasted exactly like the chocolate orange ball candy; fucking stellar.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

It's not my favorite flavor, and I definitely couldn't do it more than once a week if that, but for the price it was tempting to buy it all.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Picked up a bottle of westbrook's 5th anniversary. I also found a 4 pack of aprihop digging around in the back of my beer shop. I was really stoked to find it since dogfish head isnt making it this year.