+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Double post; don't care.

I found that Grimm Lumen at my local market when I was picking up stuff for dinner. In the fridge now to chill. I'll report back to let you know if it's worth the hype.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Triple postin'; buzzed; still don't care.

Lumen tastes like a fresh Mosaic Promise to me. Good fresh hop taste, smells fresh; a little weedy. Definitely not worth super hype, though. If you like Mosaic Promise and the fresh hop taste you an pick it up. I'd recommend it, but wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Super super hot day? Belgium Trip or Barleywine. Any other day? Stout.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i didn't used to be a year round stout kind of person but goddamn i love them too much to reserve it for cold weather. most recently had a bunch of treehouse's single shot, which like just about everything else i've had from them is superb.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm the same. In my current area (suburb-ish of Detroit) I have enough stores to shop at where I can always find a good stout year round. Where I'm headed (back to Jackson, Mi) there is really only four stores that have a good selection of craft beer. One of them is only open until 7PM and the owner is a prick. One is usually overpriced and not the greatest clientele shops there. One is super friendly and good to great on price, but their stock is usually 85% IPA. The last is hit or miss. Last year they had Backwoods Bastard a few months after everywhere was sold out, and they sold it for $12. Needless to say we bought it all.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I would totally be willing to do some kind of trade for Treehouse stuff. I haven't had any come to NYC as far as I've seen. I'm not sure I have anything worth trading.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah, unless someone you know is making the trip up to monson, you probably won't see it anytime soon. at least right now, they don't sell it anywhere except the brewery store, and they draw ridiculous crowds. i've been lucky enough that my brother has made several trips on can day and managed to get some sizable purchases. hoping to make it out there myself the next time i can duck out of work on a wednesday afternoon, if i can get anything extra i'll let you know what's up!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I hit up Tree House pretty regularly as it's only a good hour and a half so from where I live in CT now. They have 0 plans of distributing for the foreseeable year (Until their new facility is finished) so I wouldn't look for it in NYC without getting blatantly price gouged. I'll gladly send a few cans out next time I go, I'll be sure to post beforehand!
    Also a barleywine on a super hot day? I sweat just thinking about that. Berlinerweisse or gose all day on these hot days!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yep gose on a hot day for sure. I have a growler of the singlecut/transmitter qbw collab chilling for the fourth.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

While out of season, I got this because I likely won't see it this coming fall. BR review: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1457/98751/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tried this watermelon beer tonight. It's a light beer (5%) and is actually really smooth with the watermelon being more of a background flavor.

Also tried O-Gii recently. It's a tea-infused variety. Takes about two cans to get used to the flavor, but once you do, it's really enjoyable. Really though, only reason I bought it was because Godzilla is on the can.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm not a fan of any watermelon beer; they always end up tasting like watermelon rind. :/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i've been snagging the trillium/proefbrouwerji bouket collab wherever i've been able to find it. easily one of the best saisons i've had. highly recommended if you can find it:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3521/234817/

good god they're a wonderful source of relief on brutally hot/humid days.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I'm not a fan of any watermelon beer; they always end up tasting like watermelon rind. :/
    This has generally been my response. The two exceptions to it that I've found are the New Belgium above, and 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon. Both are pretty decent beers, with notes of watermelon rather than being overpowered with the flavor.

Now if I could only find a pumpkin beer that wasn't absolutely terrible...

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Any suggestions for a good beer? Miller is meh for me now and I'm getting tired of Sam Adams.

Just moved back south from living in NJ for 2 years and while the craft beer scene sucks (central/northern Jersey), I had to come back with these guys that I can't get in NC:

The Easy Jack is usually rated lower than the Union Jack by websites, but imo it's the better of the two. Union Jack is very malt-forward for an IPA (imperial though it may be), and the Easy Jack is more citrus forward. I've been pulling away from IPA's for a while, but I can do the Easy Jack all day

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I just got back from my trip to northern VT and brought back a decent haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Any suggestions for a good beer? Miller is meh for me now and I'm getting tired of Sam Adams.
    This is a pretty broad question. Both of these types of beers are lagers. Are you looking for something in that style that just tastes more interesting or are you looking for different styles of beer?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    This is a pretty broad question. Both of these types of beers are lagers. Are you looking for something in that style that just tastes more interesting or are you looking for different styles of beer?
    I guess it doesn't matter. I'm pretty adventurous to testing alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I guess it doesn't matter. I'm pretty adventurous to testing alcohol.
    Highly depends upon where you are, but Dogfish Head's 60 minute IPA is pretty standard fare and can pretty much be found anywhere nowadays. New Belgium can pretty much be found anywhere, and while it is only so-so, it is still leagues ahead of the standard American lager.

Honestly though, try and find any place that has a "build you own 6-pack". Ask someone that works there to pick all different styles and then take note of what you like and don't like when drinking them. Even within styles there is a ton of variation and sub-styles, so I wouldn't discount a style by not liking a single beer, though with so many out there it is nice to have a way to narrow down the choices until you've had pretty much everything that your area has to offer in that style and by that point you should have a bit of a better understanding about what you like and don't like

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Honestly though, try and find any place that has a "build you own 6-pack". Ask someone that works there to pick all different styles and then take note of what you like and don't like when drinking them. Even within styles there is a ton of variation and sub-styles, so I wouldn't discount a style by not liking a single beer, though with so many out there it is nice to have a way to narrow down the choices until you've had pretty much everything that your area has to offer in that style and by that point you should have a bit of a better understanding about what you like and don't like
    This is probably the best advice. Better yet, ask if you can sample what they have on tap to get an idea of what you like/dislike.

I looked at his profile and it says he's in South Dakota. In that case, you should probably have access to Bell's brewery.

Their lager of the lakes is alright, but it's better than Miller or Sam Adams imo.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale is a really decent IPA (India Pale Ale). Pale Ales are really popular, and you can break down this category into some pretty minute specifics. Broadly speaking, pale ales have a really hoppy taste (as opposed to malt). This usually translates to bitterness, but isn't always the case.

Bell's Oberon is their summer seasonal. It's an unfiltered wheat ale, and I always pick up a case every year. Think Blue Moon if you've ever had that.