BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Anyone else in the Hudson Valley (NY)? I was going to go up to Hudson Valley Brewery to pick up their new releases tomorrow. They have some good stuff. Not sure how early I should get there, but I probably can;t make it up there until 11 because I have to drop the wife off for a haircut.

Should be closing on a house in about a month and a half that's only 20 minutes away, so that's a plus.
    Ive been to HVB and had a really bad time getting service. Their only 1 star review on Facebook is from my wife haha. Ended up leaving without getting to drink anything, which is a shame because a lot of my beer friends say lots of good stuff. I'm not trying to discourage you from going because I hear they're great, it just sucks we didn't have that experience.

Also grats on your house! We definitely have no shortage of good breweries in our area. Check out equilibrium if it's not too far for you. Also district 96 finally opened. You should stop by since iirc your parents live in that area.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Ive been to HVB and had a really bad time getting service. Their only 1 star review on Facebook is from my wife haha. Ended up leaving without getting to drink anything, which is a shame because a lot of my beer friends say lots of good stuff. I'm not trying to discourage you from going because I hear they're great, it just sucks we didn't have that experience.

Also grats on your house! We definitely have no shortage of good breweries in our area. Check out equilibrium if it's not too far for you. Also district 96 finally opened. You should stop by since iirc your parents live in that area.
    I've been there two or three times. Service was slow the first time, but I never thought it was too terrible. The first time we went it was pouring rain with everyone inside hanging around the bar so it was crowded there, rather than people spreading out inside.

After that it was just like any other bar I've been to where I wasn't a regular. They did their best to keep track of who approached first.

EDIT: They have some good sounding barrels still fermenting in their warehouse/tap room. A lot of their stuff is sours I feel, which is the new trend after all, but they had a good saison a couple weeks ago and their Pillow Hat is a nice pale.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Six year anniversary today. Just got back from a dinner of excellent sushi. Decided to treat myself and get a 4 pack of Founders DKML. So good and a sleeper at 14.2% but is super easy going.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

worth a buy? i've seen it around but the malt liquor label gave me flashbacks to young days full of steel reserve, and that is a terrifying memory, lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

DKML is extremely smooth. Dark Horse German Hobo Malt Liquor has a slight bite, but it's much cheaper. I enjoy both.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

DKML is smooth and easy when it's cold but the second it warms even a bit it becomes flash backs of OE 40s and shots of cheap whiskey, I just can't. German Hobo Malt Liquor makes fantastic brass monkeys though fyi.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Speaking of Founders, it looks like CBS will be back this year as part of their BA series.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just speaking frankly, once I got to the third DKML I didn't notice any bite or any change. Pretty obvious why...

Side note, my best friend loves the rapper E-40 and he has many side ventures including Sluricane, 40 Water, and the ever so obvious E-40 Malt Liquor. The last one isn't bad really, for a 10% 40 at only $5. But I suppose that's if it's a cheap night trying to get hammered.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Anyone else in the Hudson Valley (NY)? I was going to go up to Hudson Valley Brewery to pick up their new releases tomorrow. They have some good stuff. Not sure how early I should get there, but I probably can;t make it up there until 11 because I have to drop the wife off for a haircut.

Should be closing on a house in about a month and a half that's only 20 minutes away, so that's a plus.
    Got there about 45 mins early and the line went around the parking lot and to the road. I was standing on line at one of the drive ways. Took about an hour after they opened up to get to the register, but it went fine and I got what I originally wanted to get (only half the allotment). Hyperlight (the DDH IPA) is tasty. I'm going to have another tonight. Ultasphere is also good, similar to their other sour IPAs, with the added fruit and vanilla. Incandenza I've had multiple times before, but I still really like it.

Was directly in line behind a guy that was from the town my wife and I are (hopefully) moving to. He knew the owner and told me the owner was possibly going to use the second and third floors of the building to open a small restaurant and a catering hall. Said he went for the first can release, got there when they opened the door, and was standing at the corner of the building next to the door. Last month he couldn't make it because he just closed on a house, but the owner saved him some. This time the owner came out to check out the line and saw him so he came over. The owner looked nervous, like he wasn't ready for so many people, and the guy I was talking to kept saying it was a good thing and to calm down. It'll be interesting to see how long the hype lasts. I wouldn't mind going for another release after we move up there.

@Xerlic - I completely missed the last part of the post before. Thanks, hopefully it works out. The owner has to clean up an old oil tank before anything is final so fingers crossed. I went to District 96 about a month ago and picked up a couple crowlers. Got the Three Headed Monster, Father of All Bombs, and the Ten Four. They were all pretty good.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Mexican Honey by Indeed, my new favorite. Probably too sweet to drink all night but definitely not, like, cider-level grossness. And the spice profile adds another dimension that offsets the sweetness - think like, a Mexican miel coffee.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like stouts. Guinness is obviously a good one. There is a chain restaurant near where I live called BJs Tavern and they have their own beer 'brands' they offer. The stout they make called Tatonka Stout is way better than any beer made by a chain restaurant has any right being.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Speaking of Founders, it looks like CBS will be back this year as part of their BA series.
    turns out this dropped on december 1st apparently, didn't realize it was coming out so i missed the release initially... however, there's one shop in a depressing plaza/strip mall i hit occasionally gets all kinds of hyped releases but nobody thinks to check it due to the location. i snagged half a dozen goose island BCBS from them a couple of weeks ago, and checked back over the weekend and snagged a couple CBS bombers for myself and my brother. pretty psyched to try it out!

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Drank 3 bottles of Troegs Mad Elf before dinner on Saturday and got pretty buzzed. Didn't realize Mad Elf was an 11% beer.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Meijer, a Midwest supermarket, is selling a KBS gift set. One 2016 and one 2017 bottle with two glasses. Not sure on price. I had a chance to buy a bottle of Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout but at $11 I passed (curbed beer mostly). My boss brews beer but doesn't do over 7%. Our office present to him was a six pack designed by me. He's going to be in for a big (abv) surprise!

Right Brain Chubby Squirrel
    Brewery Vivant Tart Side of the Moon
    Dragonmead Final Absolution
    Lactose Lemon IPA (forget brewer, 9.2%)
    Samichlaus Classic Bier
    Odd side Ales Imperial Mayan Mocha Stout

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I went up to tree house last week and picked up a case. On Christmas morning, my wife gave me this to open:

It's been a good week for beer.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

shit, when did you come up to tree house? we might've crossed paths, heh. i drove over there on thursday, missed out on the super sap by about 15 minutes though

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    shit, when did you come up to tree house? we might've crossed paths, heh. i drove over there on thursday, missed out on the super sap by about 15 minutes though
    Sucks about missing SS. It's a lot better than regular Sap IMO.

I was up same day, but we were there right when they opened heh. I was pissed about missing Wednesday's haul.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So after being diagnosed with gout awhile back I've only drank beer once. My wife saw something at a specialty market she was at and bought it for me. Southern Tier Thick Mint. And yes, it's thick and it's minty. I love mint so I'm digging this beer but like Southern Tier's other "dessert beers" (Oranj Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Creme Brulee) only one or too at a time. Way too heavy and sweet.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Snagged two packs of KBS from a Whole Foods near a field office. Pretty good find. Had one last night.

Friend randomly found a bottle of Canadian Breakfast Stout (coincidentally pictured above) at some grocery store while in New Orleans. Every shop around here was instantly sold out, and the one bar that got a keg was tapped out in the first hour, so I'm pretty stoked to drink that one.