1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    My pc is crap, and loading are never that long in the alpha. I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the server putting you on a high level toon in the middle of the field.
    Like I said, it could be because of a multitude of factors. But I don't believe it has anything to do with a high level toon in the middle of a field. It's no different if your character is loaded inside a cave. Why? Game is supposed to be seamless, minus major cities and special areas. Only way I could accept that long a loading time is if he loaded into a fully occupied city. But it was an empty field with a few other characters.

Alpha may not take too long to load, but remember that client is unfinished and doesn't even contain a quarter of what the game will be like. They showcased a version of the beta client, with more content and more in game systems.

Most people may think, "Oh, it's just a couple of loading screens in my play time, I can deal with it." Which is reasonable argument. But judging from the trailers we've seen, and the screenshots, I think we're in for quite a few cut scenes and some CGIs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Talk about nit-picking.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Like I said, it could be because of a multitude of factors. But I don't believe it has anything to do with a high level toon in the middle of a field. It's no different if your character is loaded inside a cave. Why? Game is supposed to be seamless, minus major cities and special areas. Only way I could accept that long a loading time is if he loaded into a fully occupied city. But it was an empty field with a few other characters.

Alpha may not take too long to load, but remember that client is unfinished and doesn't even contain a quarter of what the game will be like. They showcased a version of the beta client, with more content and more in game systems.
    Okay. Let's say the client automatically load the boat sequence right after the character creations like it usually do. However, for E3, they added another script on top of this that warp your character on the main land, and change its stats and gears. That kind of bandaid programming could very well make the game load twice in a row or w/e. There is a multitude of reasons indeed, (E3 server not being optimized is probably the one), I'm just saying that because the game loaded slowly one time after the character creation has nothing to do with FFXIV ingame loading.

Secondly, server lag and graphics are reason why something could load slowly. Graphic are already in the alpha, and will be optimized even more. It won't be slower after they add quests, distant land and differents monsters.

And no, transition between quest's cs and gameplay is done like it was in FFXI. 2-3 seconds fade to black and that's it.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

I realize I could be being a bit paranoid, as there could be reasons that SE can resolve or already have, but it won't change me from being a bit skeptical until I've seen it.

Still, even if the load time issue is put to rest, it doesn't change the fact there will be some loading (cities, traveling most likely etc...). A blank, black screen with a tiny loading logo is completely last generation. Of course it's just a minor issue, but an issue with me and friends nonetheless.

New Odin
    BG Level

They could put some of the area artwork in the loading screen depending on where you're currently zoning.

That would be cool, but I'm not losing my sleep over it :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    I realize I could be being a bit paranoid, as there could be reasons that SE can resolve or already have, but it won't change me from being a bit skeptical until I've seen it.

Still, even if the load time issue is put to rest, it doesn't change the fact there will be some loading (cities, traveling most likely etc...). A blank, black screen with a tiny loading logo is completely last generation. Of course it's just a minor issue, but an issue with me and friends nonetheless.
    I can't promise you there won't be any loading, but in the alpha, it was more than tolerable (nowhere near what you see in the video). They could add fancy loading screen for a prettier UI, but if the length worry you, just wait for beta video (or watch any alpha video if there is such thing).

I would be worried about 10 billions others thing before the graphic engine. Aside the horrible camera, it's pretty solid in overall.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I can't promise you there won't be any loading, but in the alpha, it was more than tolerable (nowhere near what you see in the video). They could add fancy loading screen for a prettier UI, but if the length worry you, just wait for beta video (or watch any alpha video if there is such thing).

I would be worried about 10 billions others thing before the graphic engine. Aside the horrible camera, it's pretty solid in overall.
    Really don't care about what alpha showed us in terms of performance, was only interested in that stuff for the content. And the only beta video with loading we've officially seen is that E3 one that was mentioned earlier, so it's what I'm basing everything on so far.

Beta will start in less then a month (hopefully) so I guess my concerns will be answered soon enough. But the fact that SE put a load time value in the benchmark doesn't help my issue any. Perhaps the HDD will provide a bit more importance then we realize?... Ugh, there I go again. I'll stop now and just knock myself out with some sleeping pills before I get to onto the subject again.

P.S.
    We should totally plan for an all Canadian LS, eh?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

By comparison, this makes jumping on chairs a poignant debate.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ I told you chair-sitting animations were crucial~!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

footage and trailers look so good, I just hope it will allow the casualness to level/skill up your character like ffxi (put a flag up and look)