1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I think that's to account for 'certain companies' wanting to start before the actual expo.. Dunno..
    But 15-17th is what the official site says
    http://www.e3expo.com/home/

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

E3 is open to ticket attendance from 15th-17th but the major publishers and gaming companies tend to have press only conference a day or two before that happens. Microsoft is having there conference tomorrow at 10:30 AM PDT. The rest of the major companies are having it on the 15th this year with a couple smaller ones on the 16th.

Natal/Cirque du Soleil - Performed Sunday. Airing Tuesday June 15th, 3:30pm PDT on MTV, 9:00pm PDT on Nick@Nite; 4:00pm PDT at GameTrailers.
    Microsoft Press Conference - Monday, June 14th 10:30am PDT
    Nintendo Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th, 9:00am PDT
    Sony Press Conference - Tuesday, June 15th 12:00pm PDT

Those are the main three, the rest only have live blogged conferences or have already occured (think Capcom already had a pre-E3 conference or event)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Meh, trailors dont mean much to me. CG doesn't help decide if your game is good or not.
    Computer Graphics have nothing to do with whether the game is good or not? They should have built this game on the 2600, at least a sale to you would be guaranteed.

Hohoho... Excuse my dickishness there, but assuming you mean FMV and therefore not in game footage does not determine the game's quality, I'm a bit lost.

The only screenshot we've seen of the new trailer was -obviously- in game footage, we've already seen large portions of the opening FMV, and even if they show us the whole damn thing (which is what was shown at VanaFest if I'm not mistaken) it's very obvious that they'll be showing us an all new in game trailer using the Beta Client with significantly improved visuals.

And if you don't care about seeing the new in game visuals that are improved, or new in game areas, or actual gameplay, I'm actually a bit confused why you're interested in the game at all.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I didn't know there was any pre-rendered cutscenes in a MMORPG. (excluding intro video)

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I didn't know there was any pre-rendered cutscenes in a MMORPG. (excluding intro video)
    There aren't hence my confusion.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Hmmm, I wonder what people will be thinking when they walk up those stairs?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Banned.

BG Level

The second shot of the stairs shows what the FFXIV logo would look like if rendered on the PS2.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

You mean 360. Cept it would take four more flights of stairs.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder what people will be thinking when they walk up those stairs?
    "Some dirty fuck dropped their food all over the ground in the shape of the FFXIV logo."

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Doubt the trailer will show off any of the battle system since it's still undergoing changes. It'll just be something pretty to really capture everyone's attention. If they really want to make an impact with the trailer though then they should incorporate new classes into it as a way to announce them and have a male Miqo'te.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    Doubt the trailer will show off any of the battle system since it's still undergoing changes. It'll just be something pretty to really capture everyone's attention. If they really want to make an impact with the trailer though then they should incorporate new classes into it as a way to announce them and have a male Miqo'te.
    Not true. FFXI's first trailer incorporated some battle footage and also monster vs monster vs player system that never saw the light of day til talks of incorporating it into FFXIV. Besides, it would be a great platform to display the updated battle system they have been boasting about that will be included in the beta. They did say they were not planning on incorporating it to begin with.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    Not true. FFXI's first trailer incorporated some battle footage and also monster vs monster vs player system that never saw the light of day til talks of incorporating it into FFXIV. Besides, it would be a great platform to display the updated battle system they have been boasting about that will be included in the beta. They did say they were not planning on incorporating it to begin with.
    It's more likely that they have a playable early Beta version for the attendee's while the trailer is just a mix of in-game cutscenes and the intro CG like the other 2 trailers have been. This time instead of LL we'll probably see more of ul'dah and gridania though.

One day to go 'till we find out..!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't think SE has a keynote, so the 15th would be the first day the booths are open to the media right? Should come out tomorrow then after the Nintendo/Sony Press Conference, if I had to guess. Sony might even feature it themselves.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Trailer tomorrow at 10pm GMT, 3 mins long:
    http://www.thegamingvault.com/2010/0...l-fantasy-xiv/

New Odin
    BG Level

Tomorrow, as in... today? >_>

Well, tomorrow for me actually <_< Whateverrr

3 minutes is a nice length, were the previous two trailers this long?

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil75 View Post
    Trailer tomorrow at 10pm GMT, 3 mins long:
    http://www.thegamingvault.com/2010/0...l-fantasy-xiv/
    fuck yea

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

All right! It's good to have a GMT time for it. At least now I know when to stay glued on my monitor.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Whats that in PST?