Closed Thread
Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NHL Offseason Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

2010 NHL Offseason Thread

Not a lot going on until the week of the 23rd, but a couple of minor tidbits here and there:

1) Game 6 of the Calder Cup will be @ 7pm EST on NHL Network, Hershey Bears(Capitals) lead the Texas Stars 3-2. Game 5 went deep into overtime and was actually a pretty entertaining game, and there's a pretty solid chance that this is going to be the last televised hockey game between now and October, so if you have NHLN I'd recommend checking it out.

2) Dion Phaneuf is supposed to be named the captain of the Leafs for 2011 today in a press conference, the Leafs are also supposed to unveil a new jersey, idk if it's just an alternate or what.

3) Here's a site that tracks each team's salary situations for those who are interested in where their team stands: http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

4) And finally, Mark Hardy officially resigned from the Kings yesterday, he's the pervo who got wasted and fondled a 21yo girl who initial reports said was his own daughter, though none of the current stories are mentioning that tidbit, so idk if that info was incorrect or if the media is somehow helping the guy save a shred of face.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

First, also the new leafs jersey is supposedly a new home and away. They are changing the numbering on the back to more a more standard style, and adding two bands around the bottom instead of having it pretty much solid, from what I've heard.

Also capgeek.com is another option for salary-related information.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I do feel kinda bad, hockey fans everywhere are about to get absolutely bombarded Ovechkin/Crosby-style with Hawks salary cap talk

Dolmen

It turns out the girl in the Mark Hardy situation was actually his step-daughter, granted that is still messed up. They were both completely bombed from what I heard a few weeks back.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You all are morons.

Andrew Ladd played with a bum shoulder.
    Brooks Orpik had surgery for a sports hernia.
    Marian Hossa had some leg-area sprain, I don't remember what.

Fuck Ilya Kovalchuk, Mark Eaton is a free agent this offseason. God help us all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Get me a winger to play with Crosby damnit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

buddy texted me this weekend. him and his bro were at a bar with Carter, Leino and Carcillo. Carter kept hitting on his friends girlfriend, bought her shots and shit. so my friend's brother went up to Carter and said "She wont go home with you because you didnt show up for games 5 & 6"

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    buddy texted me this weekend. him and his bro were at a bar with Carter, Leino and Carcillo. Carter kept hitting on his friends girlfriend, bought her shots and shit. so my friend's brother went up to Carter and said "She wont go home with you because you didnt show up for games 5 & 6"
    Rofl.

Isn't he married? I thought I remember hearing stupid rumors about Hartnell and Carter's wife? Or was it the other way around?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yea, other way around. Hartnell went through the whole season getting divorced from his wife. rumors flared that it was b/c of Carter. (see: Lindros/Brind'Amour)

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I would think the other way around, iirc Captain Caveman's wife was super-hot

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

And yeah, I haven't seen reports of Flyers injuries, but I'm sure they were there aside from Gagne and Carter both likely not being close to 100%. Hossa sprained his MCL in game 1 of the SCF and the injury that Ladd got near the end of the Sharks series was a fractured shoulder with some torn tissue. Hockey players are fucking nuts.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

You know what? Fuck each and every one of you. I had an awesome summer planned. Yeah, I have a course to take, but still, it's summer, there's shit to enjoy, friends to see.. AND NOW SUMMER IS NOTHING BUT AN ENDLESS WASTELAND BETWEEN ME AND OCTOBER.

sauce
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I blame Callysto.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

coming from the fan of the Cup-winning team.

imagine how I feel? or even Sepukku? he has to wait longer than we do

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

That's all I've ever done, tbh.

[edit]: AND SINCE WHEN HAVE I EVER GIVING THE IMPRESSION OF CARING ABOUT ANYONE ELSES' FEELINGS

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    coming from the fan of the Cup-winning team.

imagine how I feel? or even Sepukku? he has to wait longer than we do
    I'm a fan of the Bill Simmons theory that anyone whose city has won a championship within 5 years has an automatic loss of bitching rights, though this is the first time this has applied to me so idk lol

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

From Puck Daddy, holy shit I don't care what team it is, I would take this offer:

Earlier this week the Panthers offered season tickets for $5.60 a game (that's $229.60 a season). And had a free cookout. Now don't you wish you lived in a market where no one cared about hockey?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wasnt really bitching, i just found it funny that the Hawks win and she complained about having to wait lol. id hope the summer goes by slow and soak it all up. but i guess thats just b/c ive watched 82+ games /year for the past 12 years.

i suppose i would want it to start right back up too if i became a fan during the championship season, though

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm actually a little happy the season is over finally, because it now gives us a little break. I've neglected in other video game duties because I've been consumed with the playoffs, now with nothing going on I can take the time to game it up. I plan to soak in the victory throughout the summer, now that the weekend celebrations are done with, maybe this city will get back to normal since the cup will be traveling around and not just randomly showing up at downtown bars.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

The cap issues kinda suck for that, as they have to get down to work pretty much immediately and as hard as the city is partying, it's pretty obvious that there's about to be a large shake-up of the roster. I still think they'll be very solid again next year, their main core will be back and they have some solid forwards in Rockford that they can bring up on the cheap.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast