BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    An the question is, why would you ever prefer Turbo Animator of Animator+1?

Just for gear-swapping in so you don't knock HP under 100%? That is the only reason I can think of... but it makes me wonder what is really worth swapping into that slot besides a Black Tathlum.
    For solo kiting i swap in and out mamoolbane for claiming if it goes yellow and then when I put ani+1 back on and deactivate, bye bye for 20 mins. Done it enough times to where i started using turbo instead

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've never noticed one difference in any sort of "response time" across any of the animators since the job existed. :/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Anyone have a link to the VNM name .dat swaps for apradar from Thorny? I'm having trouble finding them with search function. Lost them with a reinstall .
    I don't have the original link either, but here's a quick upload: http://www.easy-share.com/1910961971/VNM.zip

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So taking cor to 75(80) next staticing with some friends. It's currently 26. Is there any gear on the way up that I absolutely need? Like it's the best in that slot for a while?

How does a non-relic SAM/RNG compare to polearm SAM/WAR when you can cap acc and r.acc? Does piercing weakness change anything? I expect soboro hits don't account for much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GeneJackit View Post
    Ok, I dont play SAM...but was looking at the three pieces of armor that enhances riceball effect...I know this stacks, so with the three pieces of armor, a SAM can have attack+150 Double Attack +15% and i think some big DEF buff too. Now, why is this never seen? Is there something i am missing about why no SAMs do this? It seems like those stats are pretty insane even with having to wear three pieces of armor (head, hands, feet.) Please, someone enlighten me.
    hands head and feet are haste gear! you'll drop @ least 10 haste +other food effect and that not worth it.

might become woth if next update add haste gear for other slot (body bacck ring/earring)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If a polearm SAM/WAR is capping accuracy... do it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seiji View Post
    hands head and feet are haste gear! you'll drop @ least 10 haste +other food effect and that not worth it.

might become woth if next update add haste gear for other slot (body bacck ring/earring)
    Devil's advocate, etc, but you could just do it for WS.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

thought that too, then realised still going to end up losing around 20dex/10str, if not more on penta. (byakkos/askar head/af1+1 gloves or something similiar)

can't see much of a case for it, pity cause it is an interesting/unique idea, food boosted by gear.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

question of my own;

what price should i be willing to be pay for a smn burn? (too lazy to do it myself )

and,

if i pay 200k for a promised 45k exp, and they only get me 30k, anyway to get my gil back? can't see GM being helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by xIndustrialxAngelx View Post
    Since this was lost because of the cor argument, I'll ask again...

I don't quite remember where I saw it - but I think someone had posted a good way to solo/duo the Bead S, SCNM NM's.

I'm interested in getting a hat, so I'd like to know how I can fight these NM's myself.

(Big Note, I'm a noob at the rdm/nin thing - so any tips/pointers would be appreciated as well)
    I can go over the ones I've done on RDM/NIN.

THF - Ridiculously easy. Pull him behind the rocks directly east of where he spawns. Just let him keep tossing stuff at you while you DoT/nuke him. His delay is so long that you could probably tank him with Ichi alone. When he spawns a tube, just run away from it. Once he gets down to about 25%, he'll start spawning them pretty much non-stop. Just focus on running away, and DoT him when you can. When I did it, moving around to avoid the tubes occasionally caused me to get close enough to him to cause him to run away. If that happens, just run the opposite direction and wait for him to come back. As long as you keep him as far east behind the rocks as you can, he won't run far enough to link anything.

DRK - Never soloed this, but trioed it with two BLMs. Pull him to the Pashow zone. If you have another person and you get links, just have them grab him while you zone the links. If you're alone, you might be able to zone and come back in quick enough to grab him. I'm not really sure since I've never tried.

I straight tanked him, keeping Slow (preferably Slow 2) on at all times. Never got resisted on it except at the start when I was using a full MND build instead of Terra's Staff. Keep Bio and Poison on him. When he could take magic damage, the BLMs would nuke him and then zone to get rid of the hate. Be ready to handle Ore Lob. If you're by yourself, it may get tricky, but when I did it he only used 3 TP moves total, so it shouldn't really be an issue.

PLD - Never really lowmanned him, but its the same basic fight as the DRK. Pull him to the Quadav Charm gate, and just straight tank him while keeping Slow and DoTs up. You get a little break to recast buffs every so often when he turns his back. He can take a while, since he'll cure himself. You may need to wait until he's out of MP, which can take 3-4 hours. I've read that if you keep Protect and Shell dispelled, he'll prioritize those over cure, drastically shortening the fight. But again, never tried so I don't know firsthand how true that is.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Even if you can get your hands on it, you're dropping a lot of acc as compared to pizza. Very situational at best, especially since its primary application would be polearm builds. There's also the possibility that you're exceeding the pDIF cap with all that attack, at which point the value of the build is severely reduced.
    Losing turban, dusk, and dusk makes it so situational, that probably the only thing it would be useful for is if all you're doing is meikyo for a zerg, and nothing else.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was assuming you only WS'd in it, or at most only TP'd in the feet for x-hit reasons. If you have to TP in the feet though (ie no Usu), I'd definitely say not worth it as your gear probably isn't up to scratch for accuracy and now you're giving up haste too.

Banned.

BG Level

If you only ws in it, then you get nothing for tp, which is kind of silly.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The problems I see with it are:

1) It's not viable to TP in it, so you're gaining essentially nothing from your food in the TP phase.
    2) It's not reasonable to assume you will be using the HQ Riceball. It's a level 94 cooking synth, most of what you eat will be NQ.
    3) It has no Accuracy, so you can only use it in places where you'd normally be eating meat. Even assuming it's birds and that's Meat Mithkabobs. So you'd already have 60 Atk and 5 STR.
    4) Head/Hands/Feet are a lot of accuracy and attack. You'd be looking at:
    Bandos -> Myochin Kotes +1
    WS Acc hat -> Roshi Jinpachi
    Usu feet -> Nobushi Kyahan
    4 STR, 37 Attack (inc. converted), 32 Acc, 7 STP -> 7 STR, 7 DEX, ~6 converted Attack, ~10 Acc (inc converted), 4 STP

So, if you have the options I listed, during WS, Riceballs work out to +59 Attack, +3% DA, -20 Acc, -3 STP, -2 STR, +10 DEX

Seems like a fairly shitty deal even during WS if you have the options I listed. You gain somewhere between 0 and 3 base damage, lose 22 Accuracy, and gain 59 Attack with 3% DA rate. People generally go SAM/WAR with Polearm (such is my impression) and DA can only proc twice per WS, so DA is devalued on Penta Thrust.

You can think of DA like an fTP mod. Penta starts at 5, you have 17% base from /WAR, Brutal, and Pole. Works out to 5.34 fTP. Then you put on 3% more DA via Riceball and you're at 5.4 fTP. Enjoy your ~1% damage boost from 3% DA.

The big thing is -10% Hit rate, assuming you weren't sitting 20 Accuracy over the cap while eating meat with Polearm.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Any reason to keep Moggiebag once you've used all 8 charges on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Foustian View Post
    PLD - Never really lowmanned him, but its the same basic fight as the DRK. Pull him to the Quadav Charm gate, and just straight tank him while keeping Slow and DoTs up. You get a little break to recast buffs every so often when he turns his back. He can take a while, since he'll cure himself. You may need to wait until he's out of MP, which can take 3-4 hours. I've read that if you keep Protect and Shell dispelled, he'll prioritize those over cure, drastically shortening the fight. But again, never tried so I don't know firsthand how true that is.
    You don't need to pull him to quadav charm gate, there is an area behind a rock right behind where he spawns that has plenty of aggro-free space. You absolutely should keep shell/protect dispelled below 33%, if you don't you will not be able to outdamage his cures unless you have best possible gear.

Bres - Easy fight if you have good PDT and phalanx sets. Straight tank him as normal, idle in as much PDT as you can and obviously have a full PDT macro. /nin is still the most efficient SJ to tank it with but some people like to make life harder using /blu or /war. You can outrun any dragon kick that would doing any serious damage (it is blinkable by 1 shadow and charge time seems to dictate how much damage it will do), Schism can be a pain but it doesn't last forever. When it 2hrs you probably won't need to but you can always match it with yours and spam utsu/stoneskin.

Zekka - In my opinion the hardest of the 8 NMs. Hits like a pussy but faster than the other NMs. A good MDT set will go a long way on reducing ga2 damage. Its important to manage your mp so you have atleast 150+ left at all times until convert is up because if it decides to do 2 ga2 in a row you can find yourself requiring a lot of curing.

Goblin - Pull it up to Pashhow zone. Really easy fight until 66% since it doesn't move in to melee. After 66% it doesn't get much harder since you can make use of the area between the zone and the gate. Only thing to be careful of is to make sure that you aren't in range of bombs it drops after bomb toss but its very easy to avoid and there is plenty of time.

Red Mage - Pull to charm gate and run when its casting to get distance, very easy fight because it casts in succession.

Scarshute - This is an annoying one, pull it to pashhow zone and try and fight it right at the zone line so if Headbutt gets through it will knock you out of the zone. Keep Bio and Poison cast 1min apart so that in the event it does get a hit in it won't regen while you rezone.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    2) It's not reasonable to assume you will be using the HQ Riceball. It's a level 94 cooking synth, most of what you eat will be NQ.
    Yes it is. You either don't buy any nq, and use something else the majority of the time when you don't have any hq, or you synth it, and sell all your nq.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Good place to kill 400 lizard-family mobs? I can't think of any concentrated area of lizards that isn't Terrigan.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Person in my ls been killing lizards in Pso'Xja, I believe. Not sure which Tower or w/e though.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast