1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Old Lady Harem of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mne Jing
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Spoilered for huge:

Asus G73JH-A1. Pretty happy with the results considering its a laptop. It looks great. Not 60fps on high, but mostly hovering around 30-35. I can handle that just fine thanks.

ATI HD5870 cause the screenshot doesn't say so.

Low:

High:

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah could tweak if I really cared about big numbers, just was curious if it leaned processor or GPU. Definitely seems processor weighted at this point, but who knows what the actual gameplay will be like.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post

High - 3752

Low - 3802 ;/ Not much of a difference, if any really between 720p and 1080p
    Same thing happens to me. Our CPUs are holding back our newer GPUs by a decent margin for this bench it seems.

Updated to #138, excluded Kryssan until be clarifies the software tweaks he did. Probably not going to update again until way later.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Windred Sayna
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Heh, running on high, a 260 gtx seems to be a bottleneck. It was sitting at 90+% almost the entire time.

Does 9720 win for load times? Actually, I'm curious as to what SSD users are getting. Using a WD6400AAKS (7200 rpm with NCQ) myself.

High
    http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3443/highcv.png

Low
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5349/lowh.png

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Well once they optimize the game for more then 1 cpu (didn't they say they were doing that for the game at some point) should be higher scores for people.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GSDragoon View Post
    Heh, running on high, a 260 gtx seems to be a bottleneck. It was sitting at 90+% almost the entire time.

Does 9720 win for load times? Actually, I'm curious as to what SSD users are getting. Using a WD6400AAKS (7200 rpm with NCQ) myself.
    I'm just above 10k on High with my Velociraptor. But I haven't defragged it since February.

need come help getting this running. i'm getting a dll error.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just ran it, had shit running in the background as well so may have lowered score... but that's how I'd run FF14 anyway.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2myvy84.jpg

Also ran it with affinity on 2 cores and got 2400 something.

When I went to snapshot the thing closed on me so didn't catch it, should have printscreened I know... but I'm too used to using my snapshot shortcut. The little FPS graph looked like a fucking seismometer in California though, definitely not smooth. With 4 cores it was pretty stable except when the person walked up those stairs... was odd, each step would make my FPS drop to the bottom.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Oh, forgot to clarify... I have a 5870

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Updated to #138, excluded Kryssan until be clarifies the software tweaks he did. Probably not going to update again until way later.

No registry tweaks/ATT tweaks, everything from within CCC this time. Maybe registry tweaks later once the game is more finalized. Not worth it at the moment.

Differences between first and second:

Standard Cataylst AI -> AI Disabled.
    AA Filter Box -> AA Filter Edge Detect.
    AAA Disabled -> AAA Enabled, Supersampling, Highest Quality.
    Anisotropic Filtering Normal -> Anisotropic Filtering High Quality AF Enabled.
    Mipmapping Quality -> Mipmapping High Quality.

No other software settings changed. Catalyst AI is horribly clunky though for the performance change you're supposed to get, as mentioned previously by others.

Oh yeah, and to highlight on another old point Celeras showed from another thread... I'm using a single 7200RPM 320GB OS drive with a single 5600 RPM 1.5TB green data drive.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

I find it interesting SE decided to include the load time for their benchmark. Hope they tell us why.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Krysan if u shut off 1 card. You will prob get higher than mine. Should try it my 5870 is XFX. I was gonna get a sapphire but couldnt wait for Newegg to restock. ~.~

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

High settings, didn't even fit my computer screen but I didn't SS low settings (was 3004).

http://i48.tinypic.com/szues6.jpg

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Restarted my PC and re-ran the Low & High with Aero disabled:

High: 3920

Low: 3961

All I know is that I'm not buying any computer hardware until after the release if at all!

It is somewhat weird. I have lowered my clock speeds on my gpu and I am getting better scores!

I tried it on High, the window was like 20 times the size of my screen so I couldn't take a screenshot because I couldn't drag it high enough to see the score, but since it was 77 on low I would assume it's something like 5 on high.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kryssan View Post
    No registry tweaks/ATT tweaks, everything from within CCC this time. Maybe registry tweaks later once the game is more finalized. Not worth it at the moment.

Differences between first and second:

Standard Cataylst AI -> AI Disabled.
    AA Filter Box -> AA Filter Edge Detect.
    AAA Disabled -> AAA Enabled, Supersampling, Highest Quality.
    Anisotropic Filtering Normal -> Anisotropic Filtering High Quality AF Enabled.
    Mipmapping Quality -> Mipmapping High Quality.
    The tweaked scores are the second options? I fail to see why that would make your score double, seems like you're turning things up rather than down o.O Or are you saying you were forcing those things via driver for everything, and then turned them off and reran?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, I'll be saving up for some goodies around launch time. Probably the only thing I'll keep on this is the case and the card.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Celeres, if you want you can update my scores from my previous post, also my CPU is actually running at 3.2, not 3.6 (Windows 7 misreports it for some reason)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    The tweaked scores are the second options? I fail to see why that would make your score double, seems like you're turning things up rather than down o.O Or are you saying you were forcing those things via driver for everything, and then turned them off and reran?
    I just changed my settings to what he listed there and my score went up as well. (not a drastic change though)
    Uploading pic now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast