1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 53 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

I'm liking the lack of sliders in the character creation process. Just give us enough set type options and people will look different enough without allowing for the grotesque.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hello, Im trying to find this pic in english without the red text and circle.
    Can anyone help?

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I gotta say.. the menus in this game look great. Very basic and intuitive. Kinda like they "unpinned" the ffxi menus and gave them a more formal look.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Beta begins July 16th!

Translation says a month from today from famitsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    In true Final Fantasy style no less, it's pretty common in this series to deal tens of times more damage to enemies than your characters even have health. FFXI was an exception.

That's what I see when I look too but that wouldn't make much sense... Piety seems more like it could be a replacement term for mind... Unless Piety affects how much you're governed by your Patron Deity or "Guardian"... which would make sense, hmm...

Maybe they removed Agility, and Piety is more of a replacement of luck, you essentially get lucky through karma of being pious and worshiping the twelve.
    Maybe it works like Faith in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by millay View Post
    Beta begins July 16th!
    Just to confirm and to somewhat clarify...

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1236525_1124.html

Code:
    ――実際にこのβテストが公開されるのはいつ?

田中 今回ご覧いただいたバージョンに、入れるべきシステムはほぼ実装を完了、近いうちには公開できると思います。現在はデバッグなどを行っています。αテストは、今週でいったん終了し、日本に帰ったらすぐにβテストの準備を始める予定です。多少ブランクはあるかもしれませんけれども、1ヵ月はお待たせしないと思います
    Quote Originally Posted by Famitsu
    Truly it's the beta test, when will it be released?
    Quote Originally Posted by TankaHiromichi
    With the version you can see here, the system is almost completely implemented, we'll publish it soon I think. Right now we're debugging. As for the alpha test, we'll be stopping this week, Upon return to Japan, we'll begin Beta preparations. Although there may be some "blanks(?)," there will be a one month wait I think.
    Sorry my Japanese is a bit rusty! But it looks like he's estimating, so it could be give or take a few days/maybe a week at most! Exciting news!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

oops went on what I heard! I actually do hope its an estimation and starts earlier >.>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

This is what's on the FFXIVCore website:
    Tanaka: The beta version we're showing at E3 is nearly complete and should be ready to be made public soon. Currently, we're still debugging. Once alpha tests finish this week and we return to Japan, we will begin preparations for the start of beta testing. It's not set in stone, but I think I'll need to make everyone wait for one more month.

Your translations are pretty good Ramsey now get to translating the rest of it, lol.

I'm sure this is already up somewhere else but I'll do a brief translation of the questions, cutting out a lot of the small talk, because I'm lazy and just want to share the main points.

F: What version are we seeing here?
    H: It's almost beta, it's not vetted yet though, there are still some bugs.

F: The character creation changed.
    H: Yes! It's very close to the retail version now, you can't change Mikotte tail color or Elezen ear shape yet though.

F: The battle system changed.
    H: Yes, we upped the tempo! We actually barely got this in for E3, it's still being debugged and balanced.

F: Visuals are better, new specs?
    H: We added distance blur, ambient occlusion and projection shadows, but these features can be turned off if your system can't handle it of course!

F: When does PS3 version come out?
    H: We're in collaboration with SCE and it's under development. You'll have some options on what effects are on as well.

F: When Beta?
    H: Expect it sometime about a month from now I think!

Here there is a few questions with Kurosawa-san, it's mostly about the feedback they got from the Alpha, nothing really interesting, he thanks the players and said all regions got great feedback.

F: Will there be voice chat?
    H: It's very hard to do between PC and PS3, so for now I'm going to say there are no plans.

F: Finally, what would you like to say to the players?
    H: Beta test is coming soon, enjoy it and thank you!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Distance blur alone makes games look so much better. fap fap fap

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Thanks Ramsey! Really appreciated. Other translations are very slowga but you got a nice little summarization up pretty fast.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Gametrailers movie featuring beta character creator http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...fantasy/700311

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vydos View Post
    Gametrailers movie featuring beta character creator http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...fantasy/700311
    Also a combat video was added

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...fantasy/700314

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, sooo much combat :D Just need to show more Mi'qote

Btw. notice how tp loss is a lot slower this time.

New Odin
    BG Level

Since I can't see the video until in 7 hours, care to tell me what's in it and how it looks like? :Q_

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

It's the same Hyur Female Tanaka was showing us, just a different person playing it and someone doing a narrative tutorial.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The combat shows the glad again, in a party with a lancer and a con I think?

They do a leve where they kill 4 crabs and 2 spirits. He explains a bit about the stamina bar and a couple of skills. Looks like guard works the same way as it does in the alpha.

TP decays at the same speed, but it doesn't start to decay until much later than it does in the alpha.

Pretty cool vid in all. Would have been nice to see more of the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Since I can't see the video until in 7 hours, care to tell me what's in it and how it looks like? :Q_
    The video is much longer and more interesting than when Tanaka was playing, and not filled with the pingy spam of Tanaka mashing slash.

The pacing of the Guildleve is nice, with the crabs running away when their friends get decimated, leading to some chase scenes. The gladiator does some interesting moves, blocking enemies and using Phalanx to counter.

It's high quality and smooth video, and there is more time to get a good feel of how the action bar and fight tempo is paced.

The guying doing the narrative for the Gametrailer videos is really butchering up a lot of the names and explanations for this.

Roogadyn anyone?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    The video is much longer and more interesting than when Tanaka was playing, and not filled with the pingy spam of Tanaka mashing slash.

The pacing of the Guildleve is nice, with the crabs running away when their friends get decimated, leading to some chase scenes. The gladiator does some interesting moves, blocking enemies and using Phalanx to counter.

It's high quality and smooth video, and there is more time to get a good feel of how the action bar and fight tempo is paced.
    The crabs running away is normal for a leve, there are a bunch in the alpha that do that.

I assume its a way to spread out the mobs you fight so your not being beat on by 4-6 at once, and also a means to stop the server from having to spawn 10 mobs at once for every person doing a leve.

It also leads you to your next mobs. If you notice the last crab leads them to an area where the water spirits will spawn to complete the leve.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast