1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 14 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    The crabs running away is normal for a leve, there are a bunch in the alpha that do that.

I assume its a way to spread out the mobs you fight so your not being beat on by 4-6 at once, and also a means to stop the server from having to spawn 10 mobs at once for every person doing a leve.

It also leads you to your next mobs. If you notice the last crab leads them to an area where the water spirits will spawn to complete the leve.
    Hopefully the larger "campaigns" will feature something like this, but in a much bigger scale. A leve could potentially take you across the whole zone while killing stuff like in the vid, while stopping by few aetheryte's to regain your mp once in a while.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    The guying doing the narrative for the Gametrailer videos is really butchering up a lot of the names and explanations for this.

Roogadyn anyone?
    That's how it's pronounced in Japanese, and we have no English pronunciation for it yet. So he's got the closest pronunciation we know right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Hopefully the larger "campaigns" will feature something like this, but in a much bigger scale. A leve could potentially take you across the whole zone while killing stuff like in the vid, while stopping by few aetheryte's to regain your mp once in a while.
    I think this is the intention, or at least it was implied that this is the intention when people first asked about MP not regenerating. For the most part you'll be planning to move your party from aetheryte to aethryte, and conserving your MP so that you don't run out early, but you pretty much use it all up just in time to get replenished at the stone.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wow the new system looks much better! My controller for some reason wont work correctly with the Alpha although it works fine for FFXI but with the new menu and how it looks ill have to get it working, Its an early PS2 controller though, one of the first i might need ot upgrade it.

Is anyone else worried about the attribute system though? Do you think SE will release what stats each class should use? I know most probably dont want cookie cutter classes but at the end of the day it comes down whats the best stats for your classes which will allow you to play to the best ability. Will everyone just average out or what ? in FFXI for example i have mage & dd jobs so does that mean i have to go for an average medium across the board and not excel in one area like STR/DEX for a DD class as aposed to MND/INT for a mage class?

From that perspective it seems kind of limiting to what classes everyone will have?

New Odin
    BG Level

In the Alpha the stats don't make as big of a difference as you'd think. Gear has much more impact afaik.

You can of course see the difference but even if you aren't perfectly optimized to one build nobody's gonna notice and only purist min/maxers will care.

Might change in beta, but they didn't say anything about that.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well in the Alpha for example iv completely focused on STR / DEX / AGI as im primarily playing an Archer. I only presumed these stats would be good. Thrown into the mix i have put some into VIT & HP. Iv ignored all the others bar a few into LCK (for the heck of it) The elements all have about 5 in each and thats it.

Like you say im not saying i have noticed a difference or anything but just what i have put into it at the moment.

As i havnt actually changed class yet i do not know this, but if / when i do change class i can only presume all those stats get back down to the start? Even though your physhical level remain the same? Is it working like Level sync or do you get a completely new set of stats for each class you play?

New Odin
    BG Level

No those stats are not (currently) affected if you change your class, but since you can only equip gear for your current rank and only get few skills to choose from you can't just keep doing high level leves like you would on your rank 20 class just because you have better stats. This is what I've gathered from the posts here.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    Wow the new system looks much better! My controller for some reason wont work correctly with the Alpha although it works fine for FFXI but with the new menu and how it looks ill have to get it working, Its an early PS2 controller though, one of the first i might need ot upgrade it.
    If it's properly configured and has 2 analogs and a D pad, I don't know why it wouldn't work. But the easiest thing to do is buy a wired 360 controller, plug it in and play.

I hope that in the next few months, some kind company releases another integrated keyboard/controller like they did when XI first came out. In the mean time I guess I'm going to buy a $5 adapter off of ebay to use the old PS2 Netplay model. I honestly don't know how anyone who has ever used one manages to play on anything else, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Hell, if I had the skill to split a controller in two and keep it working, I'd super glue it to a keyboard and make my own.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

–Are there any other big changes?

Tanaka: We’ve increased the number of abilities you can set on your action bar to 30 from 20. We’ve made it so that players will have an even easier time placing their actions on the bar in the way they want. There are other changes as well. HP and MP will now grow as part of the system itself, elemental bonuses will be put into play, and the physical bonuses will be separate from that. I think it will be a much simpler system than what players saw in the alpha build.
    Quite happy to see that, the HP and MP allocation never made much sense to me.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jollipop View Post
    Quite happy to see that, the HP and MP allocation never made much sense to me.
    Makes me wonder exactly how are they gonna do this.

If you level CON you get +30 mp +10 hp every rank.. and when you level GLAD you get +30 hp and +10mp every rank.. so how does this work when you switch classes? Each class has it's own hp and mp? I could tolerate that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Yea hopefully the HP and MP is based on the class level and not the physical level, that would much more sense anyway .... I think :S

If that is the case it will solve at least some of the fears about switching between disciplines.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I can't see it -not- being restricted to the confines of the class level, otherwise you'd have a level 1 Lancer with 75 (just a number) levels of Thurmature and Physical levels behind it. Thats a truckload of HP, and you'd never die.

I do wonder, however, if they're going to truly allow you to carry all of your physical level stats over to your new class. That would still make for some stupid-easy soloing. I was plowing through sheep as a level 7 Gladiator because of my level 17 Lancer in Alpha. Can't wait to do it again tonight!

I'm kinda disappointed to see only 4 selectable hairstyles in the character creator, but I am hoping that it's just a beta build and that more will be introduced before release.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Woozer View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed to see only 4 selectable hairstyles in the character creator, but I am hoping that it's just a beta build and that more will be introduced before release.
    The "Mission Impossible" video SE posted already had 8 different hair styles for the Miqote they were showing off, so I wouldn't worry about that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Woozer View Post
    There wont be TOO much (no MMO offers unlimited selection), but there will be base models then you can tweak it, so theres going to be enough base models that you can build on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

I'd like to see a mi'qote with waist length hair, doesn't seem to be an option for any of the characters tho, did FF11 have long hair ? I can't remember but I don't think it did.

I'd like to see a mi'qote with waist length hair, doesn't seem to be an option for any of the characters tho, did FF11 have long hair ? I can't remember but I don't think it did.
    Sephirothina

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Would like to see some dual wield action!

It is way too hard to animate characters with long hair consistently. Have you tried out the benchmark with female characters? Even shoulder length hair ends up being cut off anytime a character leans back.

I personally prefer long hair on myself, but I'm ok with short hair in a game character if that means it won't be messing up the rendering.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Yeah, if they can do mid-length hair waving, they could also do capes, cloaks, mantles and other forms of wind-swept awesomeness.

Sadly, they will not.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast