1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 27 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post

It'll be a good, long while before we start seeing it in a MMO I would think.
    Never seen that before, awesome tech for sure, maybe FF18 ?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Jollipop View Post
    Im not saying its not part of the physics engine (when our characters are running on the ground that is physics saying don't fall this object), all im saying is that the two situations require different levels of work and CPU power.

I certainly don't expect FF14 to have realistic flowing hair anyway, most single player games can't even pull this off without it looking awful.

Man all this because I suggested long hair, lol.

You are right though those small thin eyebrows sure ruin the look of the character /sarcasm.
    I hoped for it considering FFXIII did a good job of it.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Never seen that before, awesome tech for sure, maybe FF18 ?
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I would say 3-4 years after single player games start using it that we might see it in use for MMOs.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Anyone know how to toggle on/off the mini map?

You are talking about physics which is not the same as collision detection.

Nightelfs and Bloodelfs both have longish hair in WoW and don't suffer any huge problems with their hair going through their armour or being flipped in weird angles, it just requires a little time on the dev's part to make sure this doesn't happen.
    WoW characters are incredibly low poly models, their hair is also not even close to being simulated via collision or physics, it's simply a mesh that's weighted to the character's rig, just like capes in that game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post

It'll be a good, long while before we start seeing it in a MMO I would think.
    That was pretty awesome. I wonder what kind of hardware runs that demo system.

I can see 2017 now... "This is my server rack cluster I got for the UltRealism engine used in FF18." lol

-What else has changed?
    T: We increased the number of slots on the action bar from 20 to 30, so players should have a bit more freedom in where they set their skills. We've also made HP/MP scale with level automatically, as well as given resistances their own category, Elemental Bonus, separate of Physical Bonuses.
    So glad they changed it to this. Trying to manage between hp, mp, physical stats, and elemental resistances all with the same point pool seemed like a bit too much. This should be perfect though.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Semi-unrelated: Has anyone been able to consistently get S/R to be green a majority of the time? I'm almost always in the yellow never green. Its gotten me killed a few times. ;(

On topic: I hope they made it so you can make bar sets instead of having to manually set all your abilities every time you change weapons/class.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    That was pretty awesome. I wonder what kind of hardware runs that demo system.

I can see 2017 now... "This is my server rack cluster I got for the UltRealism engine used in FF18." lol
    You can download the demo from the Nvidia website.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

How does the action bar work now with 30 slots? Does it all show up on the screen at once like most other MMO's and can you lock it from disappearing?

New Odin
    BG Level

Right now it works the same way as in Alpha.

Having to change between action bars seems pretty inconvenient. Hopefully they'll let you bind the other action bars to Alt and Crtl.

New Odin
    BG Level

That would definitely make sense. Gogo feedback!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Having to change between action bars seems pretty inconvenient. Hopefully they'll let you bind the other action bars to Alt and Crtl.
    Ctrl right now is used to stack command for the regiment...or w/e. Not sure how it works yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    So glad they changed it to this. Trying to manage between hp, mp, physical stats, and elemental resistances all with the same point pool seemed like a bit too much. This should be perfect though.
    The resistance thing is retarded imo. Overspecialization is baaaad in mmo.

It's either
    1) completely useless and ignored by everyone
    2) require you to go back in town or w/e to change it all time, which isn't clever, but annoying as fuck
    3) make you regret all the time that you didn't pick the other elements.
    I don't see what it adds to the gameplay?

Actually, the whole stats system is retarded. They want to prevent people from going from changing between tank/melee/mage? I dont know, but once people figure out the mechanics, you will only see one template everywhere.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Semi-unrelated: Has anyone been able to consistently get S/R to be green a majority of the time? I'm almost always in the yellow never green. Its gotten me killed a few times. ;(

On topic: I hope they made it so you can make bar sets instead of having to manually set all your abilities every time you change weapons/class.
    I stayed green majority of the time. For me if it changed, it changed to red briefly.

First, I apologize if this has already been mentioned (I did not see it while constantly viewing these threads)

I just noticed something from the previous thread. In this picture posted by Meonline

Quote Originally Posted by Meonline
    Spoiler: show
    Some level 18-20 weapon comparisons:
    http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9211/weaponsq.jpg
    If you look at the Peregrine, the name of it is colored yellow. I wonder if they are going to use the same system WoW and other games employ with having different colors denote the quality of each weapon/Armor.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Ctrl right now is used to stack command for the regiment...or w/e. Not sure how it works yet.

The resistance thing is retarded imo. Overspecialization is baaaad in mmo.

It's either
    1) completely useless and ignored by everyone
    2) require you to go back in town or w/e to change it all time, which isn't clever, but annoying as fuck
    3) make you regret all the time that you didn't pick the other elements.
    I don't see what it adds to the gameplay?

Actually, the whole stats system is retarded. They want to prevent people from going from changing between tank/melee/mage? I dont know, but once people figure out the mechanics, you will only see one template everywhere.
    How about you completely redesign the game and send the new info to SE.

Until then, wait until we know what the system actually is before you decide its crap.

I'm not saying its going to be awesome, but since we have no idea how anything works yet your /rant is completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eklm View Post

If you look at the Peregrine, the name of it is colored yellow. I wonder if they are going to use the same system WoW and other games employ with having different colors denote the quality of each weapon/Armor.
    If you look at the body armour I linked as well the level 20 plate body (Mythril one) is also green. Its pretty likely that they will have some kind of rarity indicator for gear, its pretty common in MMOs these days.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So alpha ends this week. The one thing i'm worried about is whether or not SE will continue to change things in the game to modify player demands. As it stands now there is a lot of criticism from reviews of the E3 demonstration that combat is slow and lackluster like FFXI is.

If this new beta version works then great, but if there are still problems will SE make further refinements like they did from alpha to beta? I'm thinking they won't and we'll just have to live with what they give us, but that worries me a lot.

New Odin
    BG Level

Don't let others judge the game for you.

If IGN and G4 don't like what they saw, who the hell cares about them and those who make their decisions based on that alone? If you like the combat, that's all that matters.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I think the beta combat is way better than XI, or even the alpha, ever was. No auto attack is such a nice addition.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast