1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 19 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I see your point now. We've been trolled. lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I donno if this has been mentioned, but after Saturday, no more alpha tests.

edit: Posted this in the wrong thread but whatevs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyhagun View Post
    -You had said that cross-regional servers would be implemented mid-beta. When, exactly?
    Tanaka: Alpha servers are technically already cross-regional but are segregated only by time. If everything is stable, we would like to have them running nearly around the clock from the start of beta.
    ?

Has anyone ever tried logging into an alpha test at a time designated for another region? If there wasn't a restriction, then sounds like triple playtime was lost lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    ?

Has anyone ever tried logging into an alpha test at a time designated for another region? If there wasn't a restriction, then sounds like triple playtime was lost lol.
    Each playtime announcement specifically states that only accounts for the region and log in during that region's play time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

I suspect your Moogle will play a big part in the retainer system, and yea it does seem to sound more like a marketplace than an AH.

24/7 servers is an exciting prospect.

New Odin
    BG Level

So potentially there are no AH's, but something more transparent? Really excited to see how that'll work out (or not).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

it would be cool if there were no AH system and instead all goods had to be crafted and bazaared. i think it would give those who wish to play as crafters a larger role in the game.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by mintyice View Post
    it would be cool if there were no AH system and instead all goods had to be crafted and bazaared. i think it would give those who wish to play as crafters a larger role in the game.
    Also will put us at the mercy of said crafters when they decide to get greedy lol, that's the good thing a bout the AH, it eventually balances itself out and there's 1 set price range for the most part till things throw it outta what (RMT. huge/low supply, better gear etc).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

since it's an automated retainer i'd assume it also to function more like an auction house as well. Where you can search for the items you want, possibly by price and you can buy it. As someone else mentioned ala Phantasy Star Universe (shitty game, but really a decent system kinda)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Didn't Everquest 2 have a marketplace similar to this ?, assuming we aren't all jumping to the wrong conclusion.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Welcome to NA launch of FFXI. JPs made trillions off of us, and we didn't (and couldn't have) know(n) any better.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As I understand it, there will still be an Auction House, so whether to use the AH or the Retainers depends on a number of things:

Taxes - Rolanberry Mall existed to sidestep taxes. If all bazaars are now taxed, and Retainers will likely have a tax or fee of their own, they lose the advantage Rolanberry had over the Auction House.

Seller Convenience - Even with taxes, the AH was always the best way to move merchandise in bulk, with low cost, and with sufficient demand. This is largely because when you bazaar'd you had to stay where buyers could find you, meaning you couldn't play. If you can have a Retainer while you're still online, the AH's advantage of accessibility is weakened by the Retainers.

Buyer Convenience - With Rolanberry Mall, you had to check a lot of bazaars to find what you wanted, if it was even there to begin with. With the AH, you could see how many were up immediately. How will Retainers work? Will there be 1 Retainer per PC, resulting in a Mall? Or will there be 1 Retainer per item type, meaning that a buyer can check the Weapons Retainer to see all weapons for sale from all buyers, or the Food Retainer, etc?

Scope - Even the smallest AH could be accessed in 3 places, and the Jeuno AH had 4 buildings in Jeuno, 2 in Aht Uhrgan, 1 in Nashmau, and 1 in Tavnazia. There was only one Rolanberry Mall.

I am interested to see how the Retainers are balanced vs the Auction House, how taxes are resolved, and how the economy is balanced out in the end.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

I would expect the "retainer" system to end up pretty much like a blend of bazaar and AH. It would be nice if you could talk to an NPC, agree to pay a small fee, and your bazaar items would automatically be transferred to the town bazaar (an AH basically.) Basically I'd like to see the FFXI bazaar system blended with a typical MMO AH, made so that it's convenient to use and easy to browse.

I'm expecting the system to be horrible at first since FFXI's system is horrible. Make sure to give them your feedback on the system so it doesn't get released as shit...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'm really interested to see the AH/Retrainer/Bazaar system once we are closer to release. Not having a shared AH between cities was an amazing pain in FFXI, I hope they don't do something so silly again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Agreed, I hope they allows us to have more than 7 slots and better than 1 or 12 items stacking, a better mail system aswell.

Don't fail us SE !!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Would be nice if they revamped the whole task of NPCing stuff. I was trying to unload all my trash/old gear and that was like a 20 minute ordeal.

Would you like to sell the aldgoat chuck for 106 gil? YES/NO?
    You sell the aldgoat chuck for 106 gil.

ammmmg. I actually have a video of this too. Just standing there... selling shit. Apparently JTV saves everything you stream. Got 4 hours of gameplay to sift through for lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyhagun View Post
    another Q&A:

Dengeki E3 2010 Interview

Translation by Savalithos. Source: http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/271/271381/

*Dengeki’s interview with Mr. Tanaka tells us a fair amount of things we already know, but toward the end it tosses some fresh information out there. For the sake of brevity, I’ve excluded anything rehashed.

-I imagine there were many requests regarding the user interface. Have there been any changes made?
    Tanaka: Aside from a revamped main menu, we’ve added a chat filter and changed the log system. We are also testing out being able to have multiple chat windows open.

-Are there other means of communication aside from chatting?
    Tanaka: We have plans to include a macro palette, which you could use to combine skills and messages to make communication a little easier. Beyond that, we are working on a system where party members can tell which enemy their leader is attacking.

-Would that be something like highlighting the monster’s name or putting a number above its head, etc.; something that stands out?
    Tanaka: You’ll have to wait and see! We are currently testing various methods of communication to prevent party members from splitting up during battle.

-Are there any battle system elements that will be upgraded from beta onward?
    Tanaka: Some of it has been included in alpha, but there is the Battle Regimen skill chain system. We are preparing a bagful of situations where well-coordinated party play using this along with the aforementioned communication tool will be integral to success.

-So will group vs. group battles be more frequent than not?
    Tanaka: Many monsters act on their own right now, but there were plans for group situations such as one male beast among a harem of females, for example. The majority of guildleve fights, in particular, will probably have monsters in parties together.

-Crafting, Bazaars, and Community Systems
    Are there any new systems planned for beta?

Tanaka: Weapons and items will lose durability. You will not lose a weapon because of it, but its battle potential will drop to the point where it will probably be useless. Since repairs will be necessary, we have increased the number of gathering and crafting classes. The next big planned addition would be retainers, hirable NPCs. For example, in FFXI you could not run your bazaar if you logged out. In FFXIV if you hand your items over to your retainer and set them up in the marketplace, you will be able to sell your goods even if you log off. Other than that, we have plans for linkshells but are unsure of when they will be ready for implementation.

-The Start of Beta
    Will beta bring with it more areas to explore?

Tanaka: If we add even more, we are not sure how large the size of the beta download will become. We will test it, but it might be difficult.

-So the main hub will still be Limsa Lominsa?
    Tanaka: We might have to test other areas as necessary, but currently we plan to conduct beta only around there.

-How large will the finished product be?
    Tanaka: We have yet to confirm anything and are still adjusting things.

-What will the recommended specifications for the finished Windows version be?
    Tanaka: First we will announce specs for beta. Right now graphics boards, as opposed to CPUs, are causing bottlenecking, so we would like to optimize that more.

-Then beta will start…?
    Tanaka: We would like to start it in July at the latest. We will make separate announcements regarding the PS3 version.

-You had said that cross-regional servers would be implemented mid-beta. When, exactly?
    Tanaka: Alpha servers are technically already cross-regional but are segregated only by time. If everything is stable, we would like to have them running nearly around the clock from the start of beta.

-Are there plans to increase the number of testers in beta on a large-scale?
    Tanaka: There are already ten alpha servers, and testers number in the tens of thousands. For beta, first we would like to move all those players over. If all is well after that, we plan to add more testers. The improvements that make beta what it is would not have been possible without the voices of our alpha testers. Therefore, I would like everyone to experience beta and provide feedback in hopes that the game will improve even more. Of course we will continue to make adjustments after the official release, so do not hesitate to tell us what you think.
    I really hope they don't make this out to be an epic pain in the ass.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Would be nice if they revamped the whole task of NPCing stuff. I was trying to unload all my trash/old gear and that was like a 20 minute ordeal.

Would you like to sell the aldgoat chuck for 106 gil? YES/NO?
    You sell the aldgoat chuck for 106 gil.

ammmmg. I actually have a video of this too. Just standing there... selling shit. Apparently JTV saves everything you stream. Got 4 hours of gameplay to sift through for lulz.
    Seriously. My inventory is half-full of flint stones because I just stopped caring.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    I really hope they don't make this out to be an epic pain in the ass.
    there will probably be a npc in each town that will repair weapons and armor too for people that don't know anyone and are too lazy to lvl the skills themselves.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dro Smoke View Post
    there will probably be a npc in each town that will repair weapons and armor too for people that don't know anyone and are too lazy to lvl the skills themselves.
    To support crafting I hope they only allow NPCs to repair lower quality items. Higher quality items should require higher level crafters to repair. Of course the system is going to be a serious challenge to balance and could either be really awesome or really shitty depending on how it goes.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast