1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mundie View Post
    I wonder what it's going to do to your eyes if you play 4+ hours every day. I could imagine you'd get terrible headaches.
    Viewing 3D has more to do with your brain then your eyes....and anyone who plays for that long will eventually get eye problems, on any kind of display.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    Viewing 3D has more to do with your brain then your eyes....and anyone who plays for that long will eventually get eye problems, on any kind of display.
    Surely it's less stressful on your eyes and/or brain if you don't have shutter glasses opening and closing 120 times per second while you're playing.

I get what you're trying to say, I'm just not sure it will be as comfortable as "plain" 2d for extended periods of time.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mundie View Post
    Surely it's less stressful on your eyes and/or brain if you don't have shutter glasses opening and closing 120 times per second while you're playing.

I get what you're trying to say, I'm just not sure it will be as comfortable as "plain" 2d for extended periods of time.
    Varies from person to person really. I'm fine with it (watched a good handful of 3D movies in theaters, and at my buddies place, he has 3D already). A lot of people aren't, but they have eye problems to begin with.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I have a 120Hz monitor hooked up to my PS3 right now, will this work to get 3D vision? Can anyone recommend some cheap 3D glasses that will work for me? I'm really interested in checking out this 3D stuff.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I recently picked up a 3D Acer and the NVidia 3DVision kit on a whim, and I have to say for FPS-type games (L4D & 2, Portal) it really is quite immersive and fun. I am not as sure about how well it will work in an MMO, of course- I can't get FFXI to drop into 3D even though I've heard one person online who said they did. The FFXIV benchmark doesn't pop into 3D either, though I'm not completely surprised by that.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

New shot from 4Gamer.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/...efan86/031.jpg

Looks like even the hotbar is 3D primed. If it wasn't, would've stuck out like a sore thumb.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-visi...uirements.html

If all you need for nVidia's 3D Vision (in terms of a monitor) is a "3D ready display" with 120Hz, why are there only Mitsubishi DLPs listed for TVs?

As far as multiple monitors, I can't help but see things I don't like. Unlike 3D which would be more of a cut scene / aesthetics thing, I assume using 3x monitors would be something you use all the time. Aside from the headaches the extreme widescreen might produce, there are two things I dislike:
    • It lowers your FPS
    • The edges of the monitors are wider than I'd like considering it's now part of the screen, pretty obtrusive

Unless they made monitors where there wouldn't be much black space in between screens, and I knew the lowered FPS wouldn't be hurting me, I have to say I'll favor one regular HDTV.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Sort of sideways question, if you had 3 monitors setup for FFXIV and were using a video capture program (fraps or w/e), what would it record? Only the centre one? All 3?

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

All 3. Technically it's just one perspective spread across 3 displays.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So the output would be a super widescreen video?

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Yep. Black bars will be a given when playing back on a single monitor.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The bezels would annoy the hell out of me and I would rather spend the money on a 60" plasma at 1920x1080 res or something.

I've seen a few things in 3D and I feel like I need to focus more which strains my eyes and has given me a headache before when watching films, playing a MMO in 3D for hours on end doesn't appeal to me.

Also wearing some 3D glasses and a headset with a microphone would be lolz.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

I agree that the interuption in picture between the screens would be too much for me to ignore.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I don't even notice the bezels after getting used to it.

Kinda like not noticing the black bars on widescreen movies.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, the bars aren't very bad, but I know some monitors exist with removable bars for dual/triple sake. Trying to find some models

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For almost all people, the bezels disappear pretty easily via the power of your brain. It's one of those you have to try it to find out if you like it things. Can't just look at a picture and decide it would annoy you.

I'll always advocate more pixels. :3 I'd take a 30" 2560x1600 over a 60" 1920x1080 anyway. Likewise I'd take 3 24" 1920x1200 over a 30" 2560x1600 anyday.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Kinda like not noticing the black bars on widescreen movies.
    Having black bar across the top and bottom of an image and right through an image are completely different.

I wonder how long it will be until we get 21:9 and 48:9 curved LCD screens though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Jollipop View Post
    Having black bar across the top and bottom of an image and right through an image are completely different.

I wonder how long it will be until we get 21:9 and 48:9 curved LCD screens though.
    The way your brain removes them isn't really that different. And there are triple monitor setups built specifically for eyefinity out already- they're just stupidly expensive.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/pimg/MO-142-SA_200.jpg

Just imagine we could make a complete sphere of Tv's :O /sarcasm

I would have thought in game detail would be better than pixel fidelity anyway, takes a lot of GPU power to drive 3 screens.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

With 3 screens, you're only really looking at the center one anyway.

6 is silly because you actually notice that black bar across the middle.