1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

full screen hack doesnt make it support SLI/CF though, just an fyi

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    I just did a quick check on PCRichards.com (NYC area retailer) and a Sony 46" LCD HDTV @ 120hz is priced around $1000. Not as bad as I expected. May hit that 3D thing up sooner than later.

Fellow NYC'ers you can view it here.

One of the cool things with PC Richards is that you can haggle with them some and perhaps get the price knocked down a little. I've purchased all our HDTVs from them.
    I do not think LCD TV's will do pc gaming 3D. You want a LCD Monitor that specifically can do 120hz rather than the interpolated stuff most "120hz LCD's" Claim.

Old Merits
    BG Level

CF/SLI does work with fullscreen hack (4.5k with one 5770, 7k with 2 on low). But performance can either be lowered, or raised by not/a lot. You have to rename the .exe in the folder you place the .dll to 3DMark06.exe and run it directly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by levish View Post
    I do not think LCD TV's will do pc gaming 3D. You want a LCD Monitor that specifically can do 120hz rather than the interpolated stuff most "120hz LCD's" Claim.
    Yup the TV he links too isn't a 3D ready TV, its just 120 hz picture processing, which means it probably doesn't even accept a 120 hz picture, as you say its no good for 3D.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Are all 120Hz LCD monitors able to work with nVidia's 3D, or do the monitors have to specifically support 3D?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyna View Post
    Are all 120Hz LCD monitors able to work with nVidia's 3D, or do the monitors have to specifically support 3D?
    The monitor has to be capable of supporting 120Hz on its input. Many LCDs that do 120Hz output still only accept 60Hz input. Pretty much any display that is 3D capable will be branded as such. Manufacturers love to be able to add shiny stickers to new products.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

I'll use my 25'' Monitor XD

so... your thoughts about ff14 3d support ? i' d like to have feedback from actual 3d vision users because for me shadows are completely off except when i m facing them, limsa lominsa surroundings are completely off depth as well as all the distant cliffs in the plains (rendered way too close). i found depth of field makes the problem a little better, didnt have much time to check though.

also the game client will crash everytime i click outside the window, when 3d is active maybe i ll have to wait for a windower as well

User was infracted for this post.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

^ there is no 3d implementation in the game yet, it doesn't support it atm. It will for release but not yet.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    ^ there is no 3d implementation in the game yet, it doesn't support it atm. It will for release but not yet.
    It supports it right now actually but its not optimized at all for it. Cut Scenes work well but with the current graphics and the way they are programmed its probably not a great idea to 'play' it in 3D unless you want a headache from all the pop in and bad frame rate (because the GPU is working over time rendering two separate images). Would love to optimize it for 3D more down the line but this is far from a priority at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Croy View Post
    Cut Scenes work well but with the current graphics and the way they are programmed its probably not a great idea
    I m afraid the graphic "depth tricks" will stay "current" forever haha doesnt it look more like a performance cheat than loose beta programming ?

nvm

mt

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So can you have 3 monitor support and not use 3D? I think it'd be cool. I don't think it would be too much because I tend to look around everywhere instead of focusing just on the center of the screen. I only have 2 different sized monitors though, so I prolly won't try it any time soon. Would you need more than 1 video card for it, or will they all run from 1?

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9801/dsc06862p.jpg this is what i run 14 on , game looks amazing i managed to crank settings up , and keep a good playable framerate , once better drivers are released i bet the game will run smothly at maxed settings D: currently running sli 480's i7 860 at 4.0and 3 24' inch acer 120hz monitor , i dont have my 3d vision installed atm and i dont really know if it works in beta. my camera is not currently charged its low battery, so i dont have any pics of 14 but will post some soon so others can get an idea how it looks exct.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

next time post a link to the picture..
    and what are u playing on the Samsung TV? looks like Animal Crossing lol.

Meh. Wasn't aware that the picture was going to be uploaded full size :D , next time ill just post direct link to it , and on the samsung tv , its not animal crossin or any game at all , the gf was watchin cartoons or something idk. I will upload some pics of 14 later on today running at 5760 x 1080 so others can kind of see how it looks like exct.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

U use Nvidia SLI (just correct the name) or use Crysis's SLI settings?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

both, correct the name and change the values to crysis settings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5