+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Storyline Speculation

Since this is supposed to be following the same mythos as the entire series, what is the chance that it will be on Gran Pulse in the past where civilization was thriving, sort of a prequel to the War of Transgression. I know that I haven't researched much into the plotline and not sure how much of it has actually been released, but if this were the case. This game could be way bigger than 13. You could potentially go to the Technology rich cities of Gran Pulse + Cocoon. As well as more in-depth storyline into the Fal'Cie among other things. I'll try and google up the plotline now but if the plotline has not been released I hope it is this.

Definitely cannot wait for more information about the game in general but the futuristic Gran Pulse fits perfectly for the techno theme they seem to be going with. It's basically Final Fantasy 7 with graphics. This will, in my mind, be a remake of Final Fantasy 7 that everyone has wanted for many years. Damn you Square Enix. Please have more information on this game at TGS 2010! After all the same team that developed Kingdom Hearts + Advent Children = big win in my book.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It does seem very 7esq, but honestly with the disappointment of FF13 I'm not really raising my expectations on this one. I just hope there will be towns...or if it's in one city, different sections so I can have a choice in the game. I would like for it to be an actual ARPG instead of a very pretty FMV.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

There is already a thread in the main gaming forum for Verses and really a speculation thread? Do you not get enough of that bullshit in the 14 section?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

World map; that is all.

New Odin
    BG Level

Hopefully the towns won't be too big and the story doesn't require you to find a single NPC amongst 2 hundred other NPC's or if you want to buy a specific sword from shop you don't have to go around the whole place or another town in the worst case.

Also if I need to resort to walkthrough to get everything out of the game on the first playthrough I'll be disappointed.

If there's a world map I sure will though, because I don't really find traveling around the map fun when most of my time I'll just wander around aimlessly looking for that sidequest objective.. so guide is a given, I wish we were done with that shit already though. But ya without those mandatory 'features' the game would be 'dumbed down' so I know whats gonna happen.

Anyway, honestly not expecting much from this title (aside from combat). FF 'fans' will definitely enjoy it though like I'm sure they enjoyed LO (which was the pinnacle of boredom and ancient game mechanics) so yay I guess?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah I hate missables, don't add them!

Shak-ka-kahn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Sooooo since this thread existed, i didn't wanna make a new one for such small new info buuuutttt.....

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-mov...ylist=featured

Honestly, i'm confused about how i feel about the game atm....gameplay isn't what i expected at all (behemoth part) i thought it'd be....well...different.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just looks like FF13 fighting to me. And maybe they let you jump now too lol

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I totally forgot this game existed. They shouldn't have spaced out the two so much -.-;

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it feels very sandbox to me. i hope its sandbox with storyline.. FF could use a slight bit more freedom after XIIIs super linear game

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I bet this game will be better than XIII. Which shouldn't be too hard because according to Metacritic even Final Fantasy X-2 was rated higher than XIII....

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hey... X-2 had one cool class/job system

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    I bet this game will be better than XIII. Which shouldn't be too hard because according to Metacritic even Final Fantasy X-2 was rated higher than XIII....
    this title will disappoint me as 13 disappointed me

New Odin
    BG Level

These games don't look even remotely the same..

I think I'll end up disliking this one although I liked XIII.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Wow, he runs just like Tidus. I think they use the same mo-cap guy for all their characters. I have no opinion on this game other than I'm getting tired of seeing all these characters in various forms of media with Uchiha Sasuke hair.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I have no opinion on this game other than I'm getting tired of seeing all these characters in various forms of media with Uchiha Sasuke hair.
    Hell yeah. They should get rid of this old fart Nomura already.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gethsemane View Post
    Since this is supposed to be following the same mythos as the entire series, what is the chance that it will be on Gran Pulse in the past where civilization was thriving, sort of a prequel to the War of Transgression. I know that I haven't researched much into the plotline and not sure how much of it has actually been released, but if this were the case. This game could be way bigger than 13. You could potentially go to the Technology rich cities of Gran Pulse + Cocoon. As well as more in-depth storyline into the Fal'Cie among other things. I'll try and google up the plotline now but if the plotline has not been released I hope it is this.
    As far as I remember S-E said it's not the same world. They share the mythos, yeah, but that's all. It's not happening in past/future, it's a different world. (talking from memory here)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The word "mythos" implies that it falls into the same universe. If it didn't, it would have to share something like characters (no), plot (probably not), or themes (eh). Alright, it may not be on Gran Pulse/Cocoon, specifically, but what else could the games share, mythos-wise? I recall someone saying something about fal'cie/l'cie? I know the Final Fantasy franchise doesn't ever have to have any linking characteristics other than the standard names/eastereggs, but this one is straight up "Final Fantasy XIII" just like Final Fantasy X-2 was a sequel to Final Fantasy X.

I feel like any official word about it not being the same "world" was Square-Enix making sure people didn't think it was a "sequel" and assuring that people weren't expecting a continuation of XIII's storyline.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmm yeah I think I went too far with the different world there. (though, by a different world I didn't mean different universe mind you)

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is, according to its developers, a wholly independent story unfolding with different characters and a different visual design. Although it is set within the same Final Fantasy XIII universe, it is unrelated to any other entry within the compilation and is thus neither a sequel nor a prequel to any other entries in Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ah-ha~ So I can officially be intrigued at what could tie XIII and this installment together, setting-wise. It was interesting to see the ties between the games set in Ivalice. (Tactics/XII/Vagrant)