BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk of Echoes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Was doing crab runs with an alliance today when we noticed something interesting happened with the boss.

At a random point in the fight he abruptly seemed to gain a large portion of hp according to his health bar, and drop down by about 25% in size. Some people also think they saw the !!! and there was reports of a decrease in the bosses strength.

Im not sure if this is due to any move he uses, otherwise after looking at the chat log, the only notable thing that happened at that moment was someone closing a fragmentation skillchain.

Which leads us to believe that it may be a fragmentation skillchain that is Caldera Crab's weakness.

My guess is it physically descreases its size by 25~33% and its max hp as well, along with taking down its strength.

It might even be possible to do this repeatedly, perform 2-3 fragmentations off the bat and cripple the boss, then quickly finish him off.

We ran out of time however, so were unable to test it further. I tried to solo a fragmentation on the next boss but died before I could finish it, so I am not able to confirm it first hand atm.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

interesting Urat. We've tried crabs a few times, but all the bosses seem to aggro. Is there a safe way to pull 1 boss crab at a time, sorta like with slimes?

oh and we are already getting griefers in our runs trying to MPK us and generally shouting abuse in /shout

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Altanass View Post
    interesting Urat. We've tried crabs a few times, but all the bosses seem to aggro. Is there a safe way to pull 1 boss crab at a time, sorta like with slimes?

oh and we are already getting griefers in our runs trying to MPK us and generally shouting abuse in /shout
    Instead of grabbing the lone crab, I had barwatera, shadows, fan dance, pro and shell.

I stood at 24.9 away from the pack of 4~5 crabs on the stairs and grabbed them, then hauled them near where the first solo crab stands, making sure to not aggro him.

After dying, the crabs trudged back up the stairs, however 2 damask crabs came down the stairs past them and attacked the alliance. They made quick work of them and the boss, completely alone, came and attacked the alliance.

They got it down to like 30% or so before a pack of crabs came and attacked and fucked it all up, however we were only fighting it with like 12 people.

We were doing great til the boss popped his AoE water move, which wiped out most of the alliance because we weren't ready for it, but with more people and a few on stun duty, the boss could definitely be taken down before any other crabs even show up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

was that the run we that we trained the mobs on you?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Were you the ls that refused to form up alliance and repeatedly wiped to the boss while the "soloers" you refused to form up with actually killed shit?

If so no, it was the 2 semi successive runs we did after you guys left that we actually got stuff done instead of refusing to cooperate with each other.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just an FYI... Deploy > Nuke > Deactivate works to damage the mobs in Walk of Echoes with zero aggro. One Automaton Stone V was bringing the boss slime down by 3~6% and brought a baby slime down by ~15%. It was regenning obviously because I was the only one there doing anything and you can't use that technique fast enough... but it makes me wonder about a solid party of PUPs trading off nukes and someone applying a Bio/Dia to keep it from regenning to very effectively low-man it (aside from retards coming in and blowing it although you'll be ok if you're out of party from them and far enough away)

The mobs have that dynamis-style instant-reaggro thing so you need to deactivate outside of their true-sound range or else you're toast.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    empty only a week after patch day is...
    Haha... It was empty the day after the update, which I was thinking to be pure craziness. I'm hoping people are busy leveling jobs and after they're done we'll see some action up there?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    Haha... It was empty the day after the update, which I was thinking to be pure craziness. I'm hoping people are busy leveling jobs and after they're done we'll see some action up there?
    Some people will go but honestly, we may see some more info or some changes in the way it works before it appeals to me. I like the idea but the practicalities of an open event, let alone the reward system are just making it unattractive.

I'm guessing our shell will figure out a way to deal with it, but there's a lot more interest in Abyssea right now than there is in Walk of Echoes.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Walk of Echoes is just too stupid (in a broad sense) at the moment to focus one's energies vs Abyssea content. I'm sure it'll be more appealing after a patch or two.

I really don't understand what SE's intent was with WoE, but with the way the system works I doubt it'll ever be accomplished until every last person hits level 90 or so. They need to make it either casual or hardcore endgame content, not something somewhere in between. This is quite possibly the worst implementation of content I've ever seen in...anything. I mean, at least shit like Pankration and Chocobo Racing was actually playable in the way it was intended, worthless rewards be damned.

Shit like this is what makes people wonder if they even play their own game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I really don't understand what SE's intent was with WoE, but with the way the system works I doubt it'll ever be accomplished until every last person hits level 90 or so. They need to make it either casual or hardcore endgame content, not something somewhere in between. This is quite possibly the worst implementation of content I've ever seen in...anything. I mean, at least shit like Pankration and Chocobo Racing was actually playable in the way it was intended, worthless rewards be damned.

Being able to run around town as a baby chocobo made all of chocobo racing worthwhile.

Im still waiting for their alluded to last update, theres a room for every nation thats empty and not used, a non functioning teleportal, and sakura in the last race mentions there will be more stuff to come.

Please, oh squeenix gods, let those of us who have managed to wrap chocobo racing be able to raise and ride a white chocobo, please!

About as likely as getting extra stuff in Pankemon I guess. I love how they just kinda gave up on updating this stuff when it was obvious they had more planned for it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the problems lies in that WOTG was released in what, 2007?, and for a long time there were lacklustre updates. Now suddenly, we are getting a lot of stuff all at once. Walk of Echoes should have been implemented at the same time as northlands was opened up. It would have been done to death. It is competing with magians and with abyssea now, so people dont really have the time for it. Bit silly on SE's part to implement competing events at the same time, imagine if walk of echoes was more popular than abysea - you would then have a loladdon.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This. Making something that is a cross between the two is destined for failure.

Assault was casual content and it was a complete success. You had the ability to do quick missions, get your point rewards and do something interesting/fun within 30mins.

Nyzul Isle had the same idea going on. Go in, 30mins, pass or fail.

Salvage catered to hardcores along with Einherjar and went over well. I just do not see the point of open battlefields when the challenge level is going to be higher than Campaign by far. Just label it hardcore or casual and go with it from there.

The problem with Walk of Echoes isn't the idea itself but the stupid way of rewarding people for the effort. The mishmash of ideas clearly shows during the explanation of the content. Why this couldn't be boiled down a simple: enter run -> win -> get points -> talk to npc -> buy reward is beyond me.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Walk of Echoes is like Assault if you couldn't pick who you go in with and the PFC missions were as hard as the FL ones are now and there was a giant fucking dragon guarding the commissions agency.

It's a terrible idea, you can't throw 36 randoms together and expect strategy. They could have spectated any given campaign battle and gleaned that much.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Walk of Echoes is like Assault if you couldn't pick who you go in with and the PFC missions were as hard as the FL ones are now and there was a giant fucking dragon guarding the commissions agency.

It's a terrible idea, you can't throw 36 randoms together and expect strategy. They could have spectated any given campaign battle and gleaned that much.
    I expect the WoE areas will have about the same difficulty as killing rabbits outside of San d'Oria at lvl 10 by the next patch.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Kinda my point. Outleveling an event is hardly strategy.

It is competing with magians and with abyssea now, so people dont really have the time for it. Bit silly on SE's part to implement competing events at the same time, imagine if walk of echoes was more popular than abysea - you would then have a loladdon.
    They didn't/don't have to be competing events. The problem is that even they don't seem to know what WoE is supposed to be. Knowing the FFXI community, with both dropping good items, they probably could've made them identical gameplay-wise and few would've complained.

Yeah...honestly if they geared it towards 6-12 people or so, their idea of a ragtag team beating this may actually make sense. With 36 people however, there's a shitton of things that limit you that make it impossible (Alliance size, tiny chat log, people getting dumber in large groups, etc).

If we have to wait until the next patch for content added this patch to be worth doing in the way it was intended, then something has gone horribly wrong.

What's the level of interest in WoE on other servers? I'm on Titan and 99% of the time it's completely empty. I'd like to check it out but there is literally no one in there anytime I go.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by hexagram23 View Post
    What's the level of interest in WoE on other servers? I'm on Titan and 99% of the time it's completely empty. I'd like to check it out but there is literally no one in there anytime I go.
    Only notice it being busy during early morning EST when the JPs come out and play. I've been going during that time with random groups and rarely fail. Received 8 coins of decay so far from random groups. I'm not sure if it's possible, but might make another magain GK because the abyssea one is gonna take awhile.