Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk of Echoes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Dunno if it's because of the number of people in the battlefield or what, but these clots are brutal. I'm guessing it's balanced with the assumption that everyone is level 80. A group of 14 or so wiped twice -- we weren't entirely coordinated, but certainly moreso than the crowd you'll find in your average campaign battle.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Killed a bunch of Cyanic and Damask crabs, a Caldera crab came down the stairs and killed us, its a Krabkatoa skin.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Clyne View Post
    We're thinking there might be zone hate/linking, and new crabs just kept continuing to pop.
    I think it's this as well... I just took a crab down to 50% with sam 2 hour, got raped, got raised, went into the corner and healed until unweak, crab popped on top of me, got raped, lay dead for 15 minutes, game over. It was actually pretty chaotic and fun!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

As with most other posts, killed about 4 crabs or so before being overpowered. Did however get a Coin of Decay from one of the crabs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This is fucked beyond belief. They're true sound if anyone gives a fuck.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

yup, looks like Conflux #01 is crabs, #02 is slimes, #03 is antlions. Been going in and out of each Conflux a couple times since I've been online... they seem pretty static (as in mob type and number does not vary when entering the Conflux).

Problem our server is having now is a communication breakdown... cant formulate any type of strategy to win these things because everyone just wants to treat it like Campaign and rush on in and aggro everything.

Lookin like it'll be a pretty sweet place to set up linkshell events, though. Similar to Einherjar... go in, crush everything, get out, reap rewards... all without a huge time investment. The battles are cool, but this type of thing really requires communication between the participants... and the Campaign mindset isnt helping us any.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I flashed the big crab from its front and 2 cartoon exclamations came up. It then froze (like terror) for about 10 seconds.

Could this be one of the mentioned weaknesses?

EDIT: Just realised that when this happened, I received a Dusty Scroll of Reraise Temp item.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do these things have full-ally(and outside of ally) hate or something?

I was just minding my own business along in my own PT, and a crab out of nowhere smacks me dead that we didn't touch.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This seriously sucks unless you have a solid 25+ people all lv.80 and have brains. It's a serious mess without crowd control or spreading mobs out with a tank and 1~2 people on each.

aduidarnenye

We had a sac puller outside of our party and the mobs didn't link to us. We were doing the flans (with all melee). Got kicked out shortly afterwards due to time though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dyno View Post
    I flashed the big crab from its front and 2 cartoon exclamations came up. It then froze (like terror) for about 10 seconds.

Could this be one of the mentioned weaknesses?

EDIT: Just realised that when this happened, I received a Dusty Scroll of Reraise Temp item.
    Try the new weaponskill that gives additional effect:flash and see if that contributes also. Pretty cool find, the !!! you mentioned reminds me of Metal gear solid when the guards alert you lol.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is pretty sadistic honestly

It's supposed to be social, but I can't see a group getting very far in any of these without a good deal of organization

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This is absolutely terrible so far.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm guessing level 80 becoming the norm will help.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I bet Siren will actually be good at this. We seem to excel at large-scale anyone-can-help battle type things.

Sadly that's pretty much all we're good at. I look forward to finding out, though. It sounds like something that will most definitely vary server to server.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This is for the weapon upgrade correct??

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Coin of Decay just dropped from the Antlion battleground too, they are stackable so must go towards something

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We're having a really hard time testing anything, random retards in the zone run around and aggro everything possible.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Second round...We had the 5-6 crabs that kept coming under control, were doing fine when the first krabkatoa type showed up, then a 2nd came and we wiped again. One glitched and stayed away from the others, somewhat close to camp, so after we recovered, we attacked that directly. Blms did really well on it, ~1500 did 6%. After we killed that, the rest of the crabs decided to come down and we timed out.

Barwatera killed the damage from bubble shower / -gas. Next time we'll bring more ls, and I think kill the Caldera crabs when they come so we don't have to deal with more than one.