Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk of Echoes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

One of the crabs seems to glitch a lot and path around the area by those stairs on the top left. Otherwise they're really easy to hold, random retards, like sol said, seem to be a big problem though :\.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

would not let me in a second time on Firesday.

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Coin of Decay just dropped from the Antlion battleground too, they are stackable so must go towards something
    Coin of Birth is used in offshoot of DMG+ scythe Magian trial (Penitence Scythe). Guessing the other coin types are used for that also and possibly more. Trial required 30 iirc.

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Got Coin of Ruin from the Crab/#1 WoE. No idea which trial it's for, though.

This event is hilarious, hopefully somebody can report what unlocking the fourth through seventh confluxes opens up mobwise, some day.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

We killed the big crab with level 75 and level 76 players. It kept taking 0 damage alot which made the fight go by a little slow but the big crab was pretty squishy with 20 lvl 75-76 beating on it.
    We also had NO BRDs, CORs or used 2 hours.
    At level 80 and with support jobs in the mix, this will be a cake walk no doubt and will probably drop fast like dynamis mobs do vs lvl 75 players.
    Kill speed is about the same as when dynamis had level 65 players.

The giant crab dropped a coin but I forget the name of it. some smaller crabs dropped a different coin from the big one. We timed out before 2nd big crab died.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well after getting my ass beaten retarded a couple times, I realized that I should not come back here till Lv80.

No one wants to work together, they all try and solo for better rewards then everyone gets it in the ass. Not good atm, 2 rounds and i doubt we cleared 15 mobs between them.

New Odin
    BG Level

Enough butt fucking and even the dumbest idiots learn that soloing doesn't get them anywhere. That'll tone things down.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Enough butt fucking and even the dumbest idiots learn that soloing doesn't get them anywhere. That'll tone things down.
    This.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    This.
    Hopefully people in WoE will start paying attention to those who have hate. Whenever I'm in Campaign, I can be tanking on DRK and partially keeping myself alive for minutes at a time while WHMs and RDMs standing right next to me just stand there and melee. . thing is, when I finally run out of MP to Drain or whatever and die, they go down almost instantly thereafter, whereas a few simple cure spells would have saved us both. This is why I don't really care to try WoE without at least 10 people in my alliance who I trust.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So, how exactly does this work? Unpartied strangers enter and gets put into the same battlefield, then drops go to the zone pool like Dynamis?

With an event of this difficulty, it seems like it won't be worth organizing as a linkshell unless you can be sure that strangers aren't going to figure out when you're going and zone in with you just to lot crap.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    So, how exactly does this work? Unpartied strangers enter and gets put into the same battlefield, then drops go to the zone pool like Dynamis?

With an event of this difficulty, it seems like it won't be worth organizing as a linkshell unless you can be sure that strangers aren't going to figure out when you're going and zone in with you just to lot crap.
    If you go in with enough people you can lock other people out, or at least limit them. You can let them die and not raise them if they can't figure out how to play well with others.

I agree with the statement above, enough ass-raping and people will quickly learn to work together.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Basically from the battlefields I have seen, the objective is to eliminate as many mobs as possible until you win with temp items being handed out every once in a while.

Crab and Antlion battlefields had low tier mobs (blue crabs, brown antlions) that were easy to handle on a 75/6, mid-tier mobs (reddish crabs, black antlions) that were difficult/working the tanks that showed up and the top-tier mobs (T3 VNM clones) which completely decimated everyone.

All mobs casted magic (water/stone based for crab and antlion respectively), mobs were true sound and maybe it was something I did not notice but mobs would randomly rush members of the group.

Didnt see any of the supermoves (Venom Shower/Gravatic Horn) from the top tier mobs but maybe that was because the group was getting worked so fast that they didnt get the chance to do it.

Everything moved extremely fast and resisted gravity from what I have seen. I did not try the Slime battle because of how difficult the first two were lol.

This is gonna be a headache without proper coordination which could be a good thing.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I saw Gravitic (or gravatic, w/e) Horn while I was screwing with this last night, I didn't get a screenshot, though. Got the slime down to 50% and timed out, then we got rocked by the antlions and didn't even get any item drops.

This looks doable if people coordinate and figure out how to sac pull the mega boss. It seems like the mobs have alliance hate, as on the slime, someone completely outside the alliance sac pulled, someone else outside the alliance grabbed the huge slime, and then we pretty much started absolutely destroying it. We would have won, except we timed out.

Not nearly as much organisation when we fought the antlions, sadly.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Just beat the slime T1. Got +13 acc nin/sam/mnk lvl. 78 hands. Another person in LS got +4hmp avatar: MAB+4?? neck piece. Bunch of coins and other random synth stuff dropped too. Wasn't too bad.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wow nice.

Any Screenshots?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I guess I'll summarize what we found last night. We saw gravatic horn over and over again, but never got far enough on the crabs to see venom shower I guess. I went in a couple times last night, once as a full 18/18 alliance where my own linkshell's party teamed up with two parties of random pickups, and after that as a single party.

The mobs have alliance hate in a really wonky way; if the group wipes and all mobs go idle, if someone gets up they will return and hunt down everyone who got up with emphasis on the other members of that person's party or alliance. We tested it and they will "track" the other party members even from other layers of the map. I went up to the second layer with a rdm friend and let out party wipe with the other members on the base layer. When I aggroed a crab, it killed me and then immediately went after my par members downstairs, even though they had never interacted with this second layer crab. We had conflicting experiences with hate as well. If the entire party wiped, when someone reraised sometimes the crabs would stay away, and other times they would come back from the second layer and rape everyone.

As far as the mobs go, we played crab battling for the most part. I wouldn't say the two types of normal-sized crabs are lower and mid tier; they seemed pretty equal in terms of strength, but they had different jobs. They aren't hard to kill at lvl75-76; a group of three can dispatch them very quickly and with no trouble. A rdm can hold one of them indefinately. Killspeed seems to directly influence how fast more crabs come downstairs, almost like the crabs below are summoning help. We had multiple big crabs/big ant lions spawn in multiple runs, but there was no obvious trigger for why they spawned. My theory is that as you kill mobs on the base layer, damage they take or their deaths calls crabs from higher layers at random, and crabs link. If the crab called is around other crabs or one of the big ones, that's what gets brought upon you. We never saw anything like spontaneous spawning on top of the alliance. Later into the night when we were getting tired and frustrated, we tried running as deep into the zone as possible. I only got two layers down into the ant lion map, but a friend got further and said there were as many as four layers.

This is a lot of conjecture. Two hours after, the zone felt like a bad nightmare. The hardest part isn't killing shit, it's dealing with the idiocy of the random people in there. One person outside your group can wipe the run seconds into it. I'm really interested in seeing what people figure out in the coming days.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Wow nice.

Any Screenshots?
    SS people lotting and winning but no fight SS. We're going again so I'll take SS this time.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So you dont even choose who you fight with? A whole LS cant just go and take an area for themselves?

Thats pretty messy if this needs communication and planning for the win...