Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk of Echoes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

PUP and MNK can solo lesser mobs in #1 and #3 if you pull correctly. Depending on how many people are in the zone, some players might try to go in and help out on soloing the lessers but they might be after the coin you are after. On Lakshmi, Adv and Glory are the most sought after coins, however, as of late, there seems to be an influx of players going after glory. If you /sea the zone and see more than 8 people, most likely they are doing a PUG Alliance Boss run, which if you can place, can be a good way to pick up coins. However, there are people on our server that do WoE as COR or BRD, and basically spam rolls/songs to easily place for a personal chest. There will be individuals on our server who will flat out refuse to invite those jobs to an alliance boss run due to the "unfair advantage" they have. For me, I typically /sea the zone and check comments and if there are a lot of people going after the same coin, I don't go. Every once in a while, I catch a break and there is no one going after the coin I want, and I go duo/trio conflux #3 with random people.

Old Merits
    BG Level

on Levi, Nobody went in WoE who wasn't RDM PLD or COR. 18-person alliances of RDMPLDCOR all meleeing it up, good times. The easy train is to go on RDM/SCH, Accession Enfire and meleeing alone pretty much guarantee 4th+. At 90 though, 3 people can win Slimes. 1 pet or support job who doesn't mind sac pulling and doing the entire fight weakened after pull, a decent NIN/dnc with subtle blow can solo a boss slime, and having a 3rd person for haste or emergency curing would be best.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I usually do WoE on Nin/Dnc and solo #3 but it seems if I'm the only one in the zone, I all of a sudden see Jp or other pop in and out lot every dam coin I need (Glory). I saw a Coin of Glory drop yesterday. It only took 1.5-2weeks since the last one I saw. Even when I decide to run with a group of JP and leech a run on slimes, it's hard as hell to place unless I get some decent temp items. I've been stuck at 6/30 Glory for over a month now. And it seems people are to busy with abyssea to help do a slime run with me so I can get some pouches to finish off this dam weapon. I've been at 30/30 and 50/50 for the next 2 stages for a long time now.

Attempting to make sense of the (shitty) contents of rank chests. Ignoring that it's almost always crafting crap, has anyone noticed whether a higher ranking chest is more likely to have pouches in?

My experience says no, wondering if anyone who's spammed it more has input.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post

Same, it's not relevant at all, which can be very frustrating.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Attempting to make sense of the (shitty) contents of rank chests. Ignoring that it's almost always crafting crap, has anyone noticed whether a higher ranking chest is more likely to have pouches in?

i've gotten none from most my first place coffers, and doubles from my 4th place. shits random.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

rank 1-5 means ur top 5 to get extra loots

doesnt mean rank 1 get uber loots

maybe it CAN be, but in the long run, you notice shits so random that it seems every rank gets the same shits and hence the conclusion from myself

for example: my wife ID always 5th place and im 1st or 2nd and she got pouches enough to yield 30 glory coins while i sit at 10 at one point

imo, mules always get the best loots

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Anyone have any experience with conflux 4? Recommended lowman group compositions etc? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks~

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Might be considered a necro, but I think it's justified given this is sort of *the* topic for this event.

I'm curious how the conflux access has been post server merges. Seem like more confluxes are open faster? I don't think it was ever solved how they slowly open up?
    Right now on my server conflux 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 are open, but not 4 or 7. Seems weird.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Might be considered a necro, but I think it's justified given this is sort of *the* topic for this event.

I'm curious how the conflux access has been post server merges. Seem like more confluxes are open faster? I don't think it was ever solved how they slowly open up?
    Right now on my server conflux 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 are open, but not 4 or 7. Seems weird.
    Isn´t it like... clearing 1 opens 4, 2 opens 5 and 3 opens 6 ? 2 is easy to clear so usually 5 open, 1 is ok to clear and 3 is kinda a bitch.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Isn´t it like... clearing 1 opens 4, 2 opens 5 and 3 opens 6 ? 2 is easy to clear so usually 5 open, 1 is ok to clear and 3 is kinda a bitch.
    Yeah and flux 7 requires some combination of two out of the three upper tier chambers being cleared X number of times.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Any word at all regarding Confluxes #8, 9, 10, or 11?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Idk it's kinda weird. I've personally cleared all the ones on this server several times a few months back and no more opened up. And we only had 1, 2, 3 and 5. Haven't checked more recently or even since the merger lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Phaffi was telling me about the Confluxes while I was afk writing up some new magian trials / waiting for sunsand last night. This is what I've got:

Flux 8 is 8 regular turtles, 8 Genbus, and 2 Lacovies (Bosses). The Genbu ones petrify. Tortoise Song takes 3 buffs

Flux 9 is Roc

Flux 10 (45 minute time limit, 18 people) is:
    * 3 Annihilative Adenium (~30~40k HP Chloris, bosses) - High regain, uses Fatal Scream from 100%HP. Ice magic
    * 12 Lunatic Lycopodium (~8000 HP white mandies) - Wind magic (Silencega, Aero5, Aeroga II/III, Graviga), Petal Pirouette, Petalback Spin
    * 12 Killer Korrigan (~8000 HP black mandies) - Ice Magic (Bindga, Blizzaga II/III, Bliz 5), Petal Twist (-50% max HP)
    * Any mandy can Scream (Terror).
    * Mandy agro range is about 20'
    * They hit for ~20 through O.chain and Phalanx.
    * When you kill one, you get a message "The fiends thirst for blood!" and they swarm. When one gets to the area, they all back off.

Flux 11 is Tapana

Lakshmi has 8~10 open.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

#8: All good, lacovie models have a lot of hp, and your collection of hop-ons (you'll get hop-ons) will feed a ton of TP for tesutdo tremor spam until they're all dead a few times.

#9: 3 Amphiteres, 1 Mega-Amphitere.
    Vermillion wind is all stats down.

#10: 6x of each Lycopodium, mandragora (White forms) Korrigan, Pachipodium (Black Forms)
    Different mob aoe ws do terror, hpdown(-50%) mpdown(-50%) mnddown.
    Chloris models have high eva.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

What about the drops in the higher tier Fluxes? You get dices regularly?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just ran through each of the new fluxes barring 11 since it's closed.

Flux 8 involve Admanatoises, mini-Genbu and 2 Lacovies each at the end of a passageway. As stated, Tortoise song snatches buffs, Lacovies cast all the stuff they do in Abyssea (Break, Breakga, Stonega, Slowga) and use Tetsudo Tremor to great effect. They will also 2hour (Invincible) at some point during the battle.

Conflux 9 puts you up against 4-5 Amphipteres and finally a Ahmuluk-skin Amphiptere as the boss. The normals use all the typical TP moves (Warped Wail's Max HP/MP down is no joke, Feral Peck resets hate) in addition to wind spells. The boss uses Thunder spells and didn't use the unique TP moves (Vermillion Wind or Calamitous Wing) but I would chalk that up to luck and not because it's incapable of.

Conflux 10 involves all types of Mandragora as Byrth posted above and one of them (or more) can nightmare sleep you with Dream Flower.

"The fiend thirsts for blood!" seems to be the new method of conveying that a mob is coming to patrol a deathpoint.

All in all:
    -You can get brews in the new chambers. A PUG member used one against some mandies during that run.
    -Monsters stood still in 8/9 while Mandies seemed to roam.

Notable loot:
    Ombre Tathlum [Ammo] All Races
    INT+4 "Conserve MP"+2
    LV 93 All Jobs
    (Turtles)

Coatl Gorget [Neck] All Races
    DEF:9 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Adds "Refresh" effect
    LV 93 PLD DRK
    (Mandies)

Chesos Helm [Head] All Races
    DEF:42 VIT+7 Evasion-7 Physical damage taken -4% Haste+4%
    LV 93 WAR PLD
    (Mandies)

Oretenia's Cape [Back] All Races
    DEF:7 HP+20 "Cure" potency +4%
    LV 93 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN BLU PUP SCH
    (Amphipteres)

I did not get dice from my crate but many other people seemed to.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What about the drops in the higher tier Fluxes? You get dices regularly?
    Not that often, 4 wins on 2 characters netted 3 dice, seems about average based on others reports in shell.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    -You can get brews in the new chambers.
    wat

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server