Closed Thread
Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssea Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    if I had to guess, azure/viridian/scarlet reflects which zone it can be acquired in
    Lets hope its not also only the zone it was acquired in where it works.

Since vividification is the process in which your char becomes stronger in abyssea, and we are becoming more vivid the faster we kill..

Maybe if one can kill enough mobs fast enough, or kill an NM / sparkling monster while the right color you will obtain that abyssite? Lets start documenting under what vividification circumstances the char was under when anyone gets an abyssite.

What color your glowing last, what you just killed, what abyssite you got, and if everyone got it or just you and a few others, if so what was different between them and you, etc etc etc

This shit looks like it can make your char pretty epic if all of them are stacked and if they are permenant.

Anyone who has an abyssite from abyssea, is it in your temp or perm items?

Edit: Wait lol theres 4 colors not three, ivory scarlet viridian and azure, so maybe you can get any abyssite in any zone?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Lets hope its not also only the zone it was acquired in where it works.

Since vividification is the process in which your char becomes stronger in abyssea, and we are becoming more vivid the faster we kill..

Maybe if one can kill enough mobs fast enough, or kill an NM / sparkling monster while the right color you will obtain that abyssite? Lets start documenting under what vividification circumstances the char was under when anyone gets an abyssite.

What color your glowing last, what you just killed, what abyssite you got, and if everyone got it or just you and a few others, if so what was different between them and you, etc etc etc

This shit looks like it can make your char pretty epic if all of them are stacked and if they are permenant.

Anyone who has an abyssite from abyssea, is it in your temp or perm items?
    An above posts states that they are listed under temporary key items. However, I don't know the condition in which you would lose them. I know I have a ton of temp key items that seem permanent.

I plan on taking a screenshot after every battle while I'm in zone tonight. Hopefully an hour's worth of screenshots will be enough to give a rough pattern to work off of for the glows/lights.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Edit: Wait lol theres 4 colors not three, ivory scarlet viridian and azure, so maybe you can get any abyssite in any zone?
    These below are purchasable from the NPC. Does the color vary from zone to zone or are they always Ivory? That would explain the 4th color.

Ivory Abyssite of Sojourn
    Ivory Abyssite of Confluence
    Ivory Abyssite of Expertise

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

jmcgarrel got a viridian abyssite in tahronghi and

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphise View Post
    just got "Azure Abyssite of Lenity" Key Item.
    Its under temporary, says a variety of ancient abyssite that harbors arcane powers, reduces the experience penalty suffered by the bearer when incapasitated by the abyssean hordes
    Curious to know more about this? From what, what zone, did other pt members get it? :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Probably safe to assume the ones with the same effects and different colors are zone specific. Someone posted up that they got the Scarlet EXP one in LaThiene, whereas I got an Azure one in Kon.

Also, in our case, it dropped off one of the little floating things, Limules or w/e, and I was the only person in our 8 man group that got one.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I probably missed it, but do you keep the abyssite key items when you leave abyssea?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Probably safe to assume the ones with the same effects and different colors are zone specific. Someone posted up that they got the Scarlet EXP one in LaThiene, whereas I got an Azure one in Kon.

Also, in our case, it dropped off one of the little floating things, Limules or w/e, and I was the only person in our 8 man group that got one.
    Shining or non shining?

And were you glowing like an azure color or something at the time?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Me2217 View Post
    I probably missed it, but do you keep the abyssite key items when you leave abyssea?
    So far, yes it seems so

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Basically, it's the concept that you slowly get stronger inside Abyssea the more you participate in it.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Basically, it's the concept that you slowly get stronger inside Abyssea the more you participate in it.
    which is completely dope

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Shining or non shining?

And were you glowing like an azure color or something at the time?
    The Limule was glowing red and spamming fire attacks, wasn't shining that I could tell. I wasn't glowing any colors either, but I did get a message about getting a pearlescent glow right after it died, along with the key item and a temp item that gave me +Accuracy and Attack.

I was getting a lot of "faint ruby" colored messages as we were killing things, saw the pearlescent message twice, once when I got the key item and once after we killed a random shadow funguar.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    The Limule was glowing red and spamming fire attacks, wasn't shining that I could tell. I wasn't glowing any colors either, but I did get a message about getting a pearlescent glow right after it died, along with the key item and a temp item that gave me +Accuracy and Attack.

I was getting a lot of "faint ruby" colored messages as we were killing things, saw the pearlescent message twice, once when I got the key item and once after we killed a random shadow funguar.
    I think pearlescent is the peak of the glowing. Hopefully I'll be able to get a key item tonight.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Reading dialogue tables in Abyssea:

Could the following be potential augments from the Sturdy Pyxis or something else?
    Spoiler: show

"Triple Attack"+: Minor
    Physical damage taken -: Minor
    Lightning elemental attack +: Major≺Prompt≻

STR+: Major
    Attack+: Superior
    Ranged Attack+: Major≺Prompt≻

Defense+: Major
    "Magic Def. Bonus"+: Minor
    Enhances "Resist Charm" effect: Minor≺Prompt≻

MP+: Major
    MND+: Major
    Enmity-: Major≺Prompt≻

Enmity critical hit rate -: Minor
    Enhances "Resist Slow" effect: Major
    Enhances "Resist Curse" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

Magic Accuracy+: Major
    Physical damage taken -: Minor
    Enhances "Resist Paralysis" Effect: Major≺Prompt≻

Attack+: Major
    "Magic Atk. Bonus": Major≺Prompt≻

HP+: Major
    Enh. "Resist Sleep" effect: Superior≺Prompt≻

Damage taken -: Minor
    Enhances "Resist Silence" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

AGI+: Major
    "Double Attack"+: Minor≺Prompt≻

STR+: Superior
    "Double Attack"+: Minor
    "Regain": Minor≺Prompt≻

Accuracy+: Major
    Evasion+: Major
    "Death" resistance: Minor≺Prompt≻

Wind elemental accuracy +: Major
    Lightning elemental accuracy +: Major
    "Refresh": Minor≺Prompt≻

"Subtle Blow"+: Major
    Water damage attack +: Major
    Enhances "Resist Poison" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

"Magic Def. Bonus": Minor
    "Regen": Major≺Prompt≻

"Magic Atk. Bonus": Major
    Ice elemental attack +: Major
    Light elemental attack +: Major≺Prompt≻

VIT+: Major
    Breath damage taken -: Major≺Prompt≻

Wind elemental attack +: Major
    Wind elemental accuracy +: Major≺Prompt≻

CHR+: Major
    Critical hit rate +: Minor≺Prompt≻

Ranged Attack+: Major
    Ranged Accuracy+: Major≺Prompt≻

"Regen": Major≺Prompt≻

STR+: Major
    Enhances "Resist Sleep" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

Enh. "Drain" and "Aspir" effects: Major
    "Store TP"+: Minor
    Enhances "Resist Slow" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

Darkness elemental attack +: Major
    Enhances "Resist Amnesia" effect: Major
    Enhances "Resist Silence" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

Evasion+: Major
    Enh. "Resist Paralysis" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

Enhances "Resist Bind" effect: Major
    Enhances "Resist Blind" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

VIT+: Minor
    Defense+: Major≺Prompt≻

Enhances "Resist Slow" effect: Major
    Enhances "Resist Blind" effect: Major≺Prompt≻

Earth elemental attack +: Major
    Earth elemental accuracy +: Major≺Prompt≻

STR+: Minor
    Darkness elemental accuracy +: Major≺Prompt≻

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What dat file are the abyssea zone dialogues contained in?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

23/80
    23/110
    24/69

(Thanks Septimus for going through every fking DAT file and finding these.)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin View Post
    Popped the NM Pantagruel not knowing anything about it. Another MNK type mob with some twists. First, heavily resistant to magic. ES Burst II from a good BLM was doing 600. Nukes sucked in general (what else is new nowadays). Atonement damage was halved.

We got it to 50% from PLD and BLM damage alone in like 25 minutes. Has a TP move called Moribund Hack which leaves you at 25% HP (estimated) and fully resets hate. Move has a small AoE to the sides and unknown range in the front (presumably very large judging by the animation).
    "Cancer", "clueless fucking retard", etc etc etc reporting in. I'm surprised no one commented on this from what I've seen.

First of all, most gigas have an innate resistance to both thunder and ice, 50% damage reduction. Secondly, if Atonement was capping at half damage, that would imply the NM takes half damage. Presuming an Burst 2MB should do around 2400 damage, take half off from gigas resistance, and half of that from magic resistance...600 sounds about right.

Secondly, Moribund Hack can be evaded via Throat Stab mechanics, atleast from my experience tanking Becut, but it requires tanking at max distance and good reflexes, but it is possible.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I went through all the pertinent info posted here by helpful players so far and dumping it all into one post. See what types of things need more looking into or correct anything I get wrong. Big post, click spoilers for more info.

General Abyssea Stuff:
    Fighting an enemy in Abyssea begins a process where enemies advance toward you and increase in difficulty depending on your party members levels. For example, if you engage a Clionid enemy near a group of other Clionids, the others will make their way to your party and eventually new ones will begin to spawn quickly. This is not necessarily "linking" it just seems to be normal battle behavior in Abyssea. If the initial enemy you engage less than Incredibly Tough difficulty, the advancing enemies will continue to increase in difficulty until they rate IT.

Defeating any enemies rewards some Cruor points. Anywhere from as little as a dozen to hundreds at a time. Cruor is used to buy rewards, buffs, to travel around, and all kinds of things in Abyssea.

There's 8 Conflux warps in each Abyssea area. The Cruor cost to activate each one increases by 50 points with each one. (e.g. Conflux 2 costs 100 to activate, conflux 3 150, 4 is 200, etc.) Ranging from 50-400. In total activating all 8 will cost 1800 points (I think, unless conflux #1doesn't require activation).

Scraping together 1800 Cruor will allow you to activate all 8 Conflux warps within a zone and is a good first goal to start with. These Conflux warps let you travel throughout the zone instantly. Faster travel is more time you can spend doing other things.

In general, it seems as though regular enemies can randomly drop items to spawn NMs that are similar to that type of enemy. One way to go about this is to figure out which NM you'd like to target, travel to the location where its type of enemies are located, then farm mobs until it's spawn item drops.

Tractoring will cause you to lose visitant status and be placed at the starting camp area.

Pre-spawned chests can be (or always are?) mimic enemies that are significantly difficult so beware.

Abyssite key items that grant the player some effect seem like possibly random drops from any mobs. They grant that player certain effects ranging from extending your visitant status, to reducing the time your traversers replenish, to experience bonuses, and more. These appear to be retained after exiting but it's not yet known if they wear off eventually or remain permanent.

Some of these abyssite buffs can be purchased from the Cruor Prospector NPC under the key items listing:
    ivory abyssite of sojourn 6000 Cruor: Extends your visitant time.
    ivory abyssite of confluence 4800 Cruor: Reduces cruor cost of using conflux warps.
    ivory abyssite of expertise 4800 Cruor: Allows more frequent use of Martellos.
    clear demilune abyssite 300 Cruor: ??? Possibly allows for infusing of one Atma???

While in Abyssea players undergo a process of "vivification" where they become stronger by interacting in the event in various ways. You will see status messages in your log indicating your aura colors changing higher or lower. Fighting regular enemies seems to change the "color" status somehow. This is still mostly confusing and mysterious. Some random chests grant upgrades to your players "vivification" status. Some of the stages of "vivification" are ruby, pearlescent, and azura. Needs more info.

Certain regular but glowing "Ephemeral" named enemies grant a bonus amount of exp and possibly abyssite key items. Ephemeral Clionid enemy granted 575 exp, 251 cruor, a Lucid Ether II temp item, and a Viridian abyssite of avarice key item. Ephemeral Limule granted just 355 exp and 17 cruor.

Chests will randomly drop from enemies which can contain augmented equipment, or exp/limit points, or cruor points.
    Gold type chests seem to contain augmented equipment.
    Blue chests can contain experience/limit points.
    Red chests can contain cruor points or upgrade your vivification status.

The Main Quests:
    A Journey Begins - Zone into Port Jeuno and view the CS. Speak to Joachim and accept his offer and a traverser stone.

The Truth Beckons - Travel to one of the 3 crag zone maws and enter Abyssea. Once you've done that return to Port Jeuno and speak to Joachim again.

Dawn of Death - This quest triggers the branch of any of the next 3.

A Goldstruck Gigas, To Paste a Peiste, and Megadrile Menace - Travel to any of the 3 Abyssea maws and examine them for a CS. All 3 can be flagged at once. For each one you're instructed to kill a specific NM in each area.

The Forbidden Frontier - Return to Joachim after triggering one of the last 3 quest CS' at a maw.

In case it's not obvious, these maps are rough and not complete or 100% accurate so take that into consideration. Feel free to add new info or corrections. Most of the Martellos and Tahrongi is still unmarked**

Abyssea Konschtat Highlands Info:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rK8HOFAmWB...Highlands1.jpg

Spawn Targets Key:
    #1 requires a ripped eft skin
    #2 requires a giant bugard tusk, spawns Alkonost a hippogryph NM
    #3 requires a square of moonglow cloth
    #4 requires a clouded lens
    #5 requires a rotting eyeball
    #6 requires a tiny morbol vine
    #7 requires an oblivisipore mushroom.
    #8 requires a clump of snakeskin moss
    #9 requires an armored dragon horn
    #10 requiresa giant slug eyestalk
    #11 requires a vial of eft blood
    #15 requires a Murmuring Globule, spawns Ashtaerth the Gallvexed a soulflayer.
    #12 requires a key item, twisted Tonberry crown
    #13 requires key items, tattered hippogryph wing, cracked wivre worn, and mucid Ahriman eyeball
    #14 requires key items, fragrant treant petal, fetid rafleshia stalk, decaying morbol tooth, turbid slime oil, and venomous peiste claw

Notes:
    The slime NM Fistule doesnt aggro.
    Guimauve a yellow pudding NM at G-4

Abyssea La Theine Plateau Info:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rK8HOFAmWB...-LaTheine1.jpg

Spawn Targets Key:
    #1 requires a trophy shield
    #2 requires a piceous scale
    #3 requires a transparent insect wing
    #4 requires a dried chigoe
    #5 requires a raw mutton chop
    #6 requires a bug-eaten hat
    #7 requires a winter puk egg
    #8 requires a filthy gnole claw
    #9 requires key items, pellucid fly eye, and shimmering pixie pinion
    #10 requires key items, marbled mutton chop, bloodied saber tooth, blood-smeared gigas helm, and glittering pixie choker

Notes:
    Gully Clionids can drop Sanguinets
    Gulch Limules drop Limule Pincers
    Jaguarandi coeurls can drop Shcking Whiskers.

Pantagruel is a gigas NM. Gigas' drop Oversized Sock to spawn him. Around F-7

Farfadet pixies dropped Piceuous Scale NM pop item

Mangy-Tailed Marvin around E-6. Drops Adler ring and Marvin's Pelage granted 930 exp and 192 cruor to an alliance of 13.

Piasa bird NM. Drops Seigneur Shield and Divine Log. Damnation Dive move has very long stun effect. Granted 1500 exp and 345 Cruor to a 5 member party.
    Killing it gave 1000 XP and 246 cruor to a lvl 80 char and 800 XP and 196 cruor to lv 75 chars.

Some NM drops Navarch's Choker... which?

??? spawn at carby stonehenge asks for gigas helm, armlet, necklace. It may be that trading certain different items at this one spot can spawn different NMs.

Abyssea Tahrongi Canyon Info:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rK8HOFAmWB...ngiCanyon1.jpg

Notes:
    Nearby mobs dropped Eft Egg item. Spawned Abas Eft NM. Drops Maestria Mask and a quivering eft egg. Casts -ga III tier black magic.

Eft egg item is used with some kind of cockatrice meat to spawn NM towards the middle of map.

Bloody Fang from bats and Exorcised Skull used at a ??? spawn target somewhere.

Directly east of the beginning camp a Qutrub NM named Manananggal roams about. Players can't see it directly, it's invisible similar to Shikigami Weapon. Some people have said it blood aggros. Be very careful going near this area, it hits very hard and will probably kill you easily. Drops Corvus Torque, and possibly 2 Manananggal Necklet items. Has a slow and a fast triple attack mode, can use blood weapon many times. Disappears again (not neccessarily despawns) when target with hate dies.

Minhacoa Sandworm NM, possibly the NM required for the main abyssea quest.

Pre spawned NM Chukas, Adamantoise type mob casts black magic, at least a strong Stonega IV.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

one thing, from my one experience there, I dont know if sumi was listening to me, I went on thf, I got the option to "peer into the chest". I kept asking if she had that option, no answer. Is that thf exclusivity?

If someones gone over this, sorry, was b& LAWL

I had that option on nin/dnc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    one thing, from my one experience there, I dont know if sumi was listening to me, I went on thf, I got the option to "peer into the chest". I kept asking if she had that option, no answer. Is that thf exclusivity?

If someones gone over this, sorry, was b& LAWL
    Nah, I had the option to peer into the chest on COR, so it's definitely not a THF only thing.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 150 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast