BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssea Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Looks like theres a series of sparkling mobs you need to find and kill for the 8 abyssites the NPC at the start wants, is my guess.

Probably get increasing rewards in cour for each one you give her, or a 8 or nothign one shot deal.

My guess is getting all 8 unlocks some bigger mobs like dynamis trigger NM style.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Whipped up a really rough map of just the couple things I ran into.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/n5swgx.jpg

If anyone wants a sort of template to use to stick locations of stuff onto try this (large image, shrink it down as needed):

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Group of 5 of us did La theine, encountered a horrible demon disguised in a rabbit sutie by the name of Mangy-tailed Marvin, hit for upper 400s of damage, double attack, did a whirl claws that hit some of us for over 1K dmg...

Found at E-6 in a clusterfuck of DC~EM rabbits.

Killed a shiny Cliniod, got ruby light, 402 limit points and 98 crour. Without any band, and it was only VT...

This has some serious pting potential with a solid zerging build, helllloooo exp :D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone figured out what to do for "The Truth Beckons" QUEST, oddly not in mission log, in abyssea? Maybe you have to go to all three maws or something? Also, this really sucks without knowing how to get the time extensions

I went to Abyssea - Tahrongi and found that the lowest lv mobs were DC Beholder's (hecteyes) on the horizontal trail that usually leads to buburimu. On my exploration, I found qutrub (vt to 75) near the maze of shakhrami and the new worm family where the teleport used to be (conned IT to 75). I also found another purple teleport thing at the very top of the map along with some gnats too. South of them, I found the adamantoise camp with the HNM (Chukas? sp?) that one shotted me with Stonega IV 1422 dmg with its first attack. The Adamantoise NM cons Impossible to Gauge and isn't popped by a ???.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This has some serious pting potential with a solid zerging build, helllloooo exp
    The fact that exp/kill isn't affected by COR roll or exp rings is an issue, though. Still pretty decent exp, but I see it being more like MMM+1 rather than a sidegrade to meripo.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Decided to go into Abyssea solo for some messing around, killed a few lizards and at the end with about a minute left managed to drop 1 last one with chainspell/convert and I see a chest spawn.

Started spazzing out trying to figure out how to unlock it with only 30 seconds left, started throwing out random numbers and somehow managed to unlock it. Shitty reward but the last minute panic moment was worth it. >.>

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...622_024012.png

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...622_025047.png

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The fuck? Desynth?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Konschtat Highlands

Encountered: Lizards, saplings, limule, clionid, treants, Morbolings, Mesa Wiverns, and bugards. None aside from the Limule were very troublesome, in fact, all the 'regular' style mobs were pretty average. Got a couple of red chest drops, opening both awarded everyone with a 'faint glow' of different colors, the same as killing mobs does.

#5 teleport stone is near Mesa Wiverns at the north side of the mountain.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

in La Theine, we found a bird NM. Was hitting pretty hard and linked with birds around.

Killing it gave 1000 XP and 246 cruor to a lvl 80 char and 800 XP and 196 cruor to lv 75 chars. And it dropped a shield:

http://www.ff-heroes.com/images/bordel/snap07964.jpg

We ran into Abyssea last night to pick up Blazing Bound and Acrid Stream, it was an alliance of 12 blue mages.

We learned Acrid Stream off of the very easy Velid Clionid right near the entrance in La Theine Abyssea (Small floaty things with little arms and a cartoon ghost tail) they were probably soloable if you're just careful and stun their high level spells.

After that, we left voluntarily via the maw, we still had 15 minutes left, so we went to Konschtat to learn Blazing Bound. We went to the very large South East area before the main sprawl in konschtat, here we killed a large number of the crab like new Abyssea mobs.

These are much more dangerous than their cousins the Clionids, Blazing Bound was spammed often, and hit for 300-500 fire damage to the entire alliance. They also spam high level ga and single target magic, even Fire V.

The one useful thing I noticed other than what Blue Magic spells can be learned where is that it seemed like the feedback messages talking about getting shiny (or whatever) happened more often the faster we were killing, and when we slowed down it started to say things backwards, like I was fading I believe. I was concentrating mostly on trying to fight and learn the spells, so don't take my word for it.

Also, you can get a quest from the guy at the camp to fill up the Mantlets out in the field, and they can be used to restore HP and MP. Just don't forget to turn the empty fuel tank back in, I forgot, left Abyssea via the maw and the key item was destroyed, even though I had filled up the mantlet. (Renamed, but the mantlet model, forgot the actual name.)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God damn it Newz!!! I wanna be home and play too :/

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I found it very depressing there is such a time restriction on this zone that seems to have timed NM spawns.

I went into Tahrongi maw in a PT of 6, we started killing random mobs and ended up just running around looking for a NM, after 15 minutes we gave up and started beating on scorpions. They were tough but we noticed our glow would change the faster we killed them, we got up to Azura glow, and they it would drop down to Pearl or something. They also randomly dropped red chests that required you to fiddle around with air pressure to open them.

We got 300 currency off 1 of the red chests.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k6...622_104648.png

A red chest that was opened by adjusting valves and dropped..... nothing. At least i glowed with ruby light?

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post

We got 300 currency off 1 of the red chests.
    This is a dumb question.
    Im assuming you mean dynamis currency?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Natallon View Post
    This is a dumb question.
    Im assuming you mean dynamis currency?
    Cruor.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

im stupid

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb View Post
    Also, this really sucks without knowing how to get the time extensions
    There's no "time extensions" in the Dynamis sense. You get "traversers" that build up by one every 20 hours similar to Assault tags and Ops credits. But since it was only the first day being launched everyone only starts with 1. Every traverser is good for 30 minutes of visitant status. So eventually if you save up for 3 days you can go and use up 90 minutes in Abyssea.

It seems pretty obvious to me that this event is meant for a solid merit party to chain like mad. Go in, travel to the mobs you want to fight, then keep on killing. I'm very interested to see how things turn out once players have enough points and bonus unlocks to use temp items and buffs. My problem for now is finding 5 other people to make a solid party with.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Not seen it said anywhere, but if you get tractor'd, you lose your Visitant status. I died in a rather bad spot, pt slept mobs and logged hate, came back on and tractor'd me, after I accepted tractor and screen reloaded I was sent back to the "entry area", where all the NPCs are.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

My party found 400 cruor in a chest last night while we were screwing around.

Funny thing is, I'd used the "peek inside" option prior to opening and it referred to the reward as a "small amount of cruor". That suggests to me that we'll start seeing more substantial amounts in these chests further in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    My party found 400 cruor in a chest last night while we were screwing around.

Funny thing is, I'd used the "peek inside" option prior to opening and it referred to the reward as a "small amount of cruor". That suggests to me that we'll start seeing more substantial amounts in these chests further in.
    Mine said "small amount of experience" and we all gained a few hundred exp when it was opened. That was a blue box.

We also had a really fancy brown and gold chest that gave an augmented item.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    Clionids were in the Ghillie Dhu area. No aggro or link.
    Not true, at least not entirely. Definitely no aggro from the 2 new mob types, but Clionids definitely link, at least when they're IT. As I posted in the BLU thread, me and 7 other BLU mages literally ravaged their population fighting up to three at a time ... all EM ... as we killed we noticed some were T, but next think you know we start attacking 2 and realize they're IT. Then we check around and we're surrounded by the repops, all IT now, and the Clionids linked and killed some of us.

Just as a note we did get messages about glowing different colors but we saw no direct correlation.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast