Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssea Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

So other than the time limit the Abyssea zones are just like regular zones?

Like there's no reserving it, no instance of it, if more than 1 group enters they'll be competing for the same mobs?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    So other than the time limit the Abyssea zones are just like regular zones?

Like there's no reserving it, no instance of it, if more than 1 group enters they'll be competing for the same mobs?
    Correct.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The way mobs are grouped together in these zones makes me think we were meant to EXP off of them. Not very practical seeing as you have 30 minutes a day. The mobs are packed very tightly together and most are VT.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    There's no "time extensions" in the Dynamis sense. You get "traversers" that build up by one every 20 hours similar to Assault tags and Ops credits.
    Quote Originally Posted by SE Update Notes
    Methods exist that allow players to extend their visitant duration.
    no idea how though yet

A. Body
    BG Level

That's probably the point. SE was selling this place as something you get get something out of for a short amount of time. Problem is SE, being SE, forces you out after 30-120 minutes instead of just making it a good exp camp.

Banned.

BG Level

If anyone was wondering, Visitant's duration will keep ticking if you are chatting to a NPC.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just went poking around with NIN/DNC and THF/NIN.

All the Flying alien mobs in LaTheine used -aga III and Tier IV.

The Clinoid or whatever then immediately hit for ~700 with it's TP Move which also can go thru shadows >.>

I died and realized I forgot to pop reraise, death warped out and ran back to the Maw.

When I came back in it said I had 26 min of Visitant Status Remaining and if I would like to restart the clock. ^^

Killed a few more things but eventually ran low on time so I looked around.

Found the Stonehenge area you talk to Carbuncle in the normal zone and a ??? was in the middle. It mentions a Gigas helm, armlet, necklace. Said you had the feeling if you had one of those with you something would happen.

Seems like you can use Gigas pieces to pop a monster or something there.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Whirl Claws hurts and so does Foot Kick, wild carrot ~3k on it or something.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/...622_184937.png

Log

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't open random chests you just find laying around, they turn into uber NM mimics that eat your ass.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Found Veridical Conflux #03 in La Thiene at ( G-8 ) near the mountains. 150 cruor to activate.
    Found Conflux #08 just southeast of that. Cost 400 cruor, so couldn't activate.

Seems a good thing to start with Abyssea is gather together a small group of people and run around killing shit for cruor, then start activating the Confluxes. After that, focus on NMs or quests.

Didn't the update say that you can leave Abyssea, and then go to a different Abyssea and still have time left? So long as you're not physically inside the place (including being logged out) your time won't run down.

So, this being the case... couldn't you trade 3 stones, then simply leave, wait for a few days and then come back for a massive grind session if you wanted to?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've only done 30 minutes in La Theine so far, plan to do an hour tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Luceo View Post

Found the Stonehenge area you talk to Carbuncle in the normal zone and a ??? was in the middle. It mentions a Gigas helm, armlet, necklace. Said you had the feeling if you had one of those with you something would happen.

Seems like you can use Gigas pieces to pop a monster or something there.
    In the cutscenes after your first trip to Abyssea (Joachim and then talking to the Maw), you're told that the boss (of la theine at least) is a big gigas with a golden helm.

I guess there are 3 (gigas) NMs, one of them is Pantagruel which we fought last night at F-7 (pop by farming an Oversized Sock from the regular gigas and trading to ???) and when they are killed they drop a trophy you can use to pop the next tier gigas/big boss at the stonehenge thing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Some more info on Abyssea quests:

Once you reach the "Dawn of Death" main quest, head to any of the 3 maws again and check it for a CS. After the CS you will receive a new quest particular to that Abyssea zone. Konshtat proceeds to "To Paste a Peiste". La Theine maw triggers "A Goldstruck Gigas". And Tahrongi maw starts "A Megadrile Menace", and also gives you a little bonus of 50 Cruor points. You can have all 3 flagged at once. The quest is just to kill each specific NM in each area.

There's one very simple regular quest in A-Konshtat called "Hope Blooms on the Battlefield":

Talk to Ayame to start the quest. Then speak to Raibaht near the searing ward barrier. Now look around the camp at the 7 different crates scattered around. 4 of the 7 will just say "it appears sturdily built", and the other 3 will have the key items you need. A rainbow pearl, chipped wind cluster, and a dried ebony lumber. One of the crates is just outside the searing ward so be quick and target it before 10 seconds run up and it kicks you out. Then just speak to Ayame again to finish. No apparent reward although she said to speak to Raibaht again but I was out of time.

Edit: Speaking to Raibaht again triggers the "Of Malnourished Martellos" quest and he gives you a vat of martello fuel key item to deliver to a martello.

just got "Azure Abyssite of Lenity" Key Item.
    Its under temporary, says a variety of ancient abyssite that harbors arcane powers, reduces the experience penalty suffered by the bearer when incapasitated by the abyssean hordes

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Veridical Conflux #02 in La Thiene at southeast of at mountain ( C-5 )

Cost is 100 cruor. Also, opened a chest and got Jeweled Collar - Aug/Ex
    Fire,water,wind,earth, thunder, ice +10/ Conserve MP+2 HP Recovered while healing +1 all jobs lv70

Chest off of rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Didn't the update say that you can leave Abyssea, and then go to a different Abyssea and still have time left? So long as you're not physically inside the place (including being logged out) your time won't run down.

So, this being the case... couldn't you trade 3 stones, then simply leave, wait for a few days and then come back for a massive grind session if you wanted to?
    As long as you leave willingly via the maw, it retains the time left, if it's over 5 minutes. We got Acrid Stream in La Theine, then with 15 min left, exited and went to Konschtat and got Blazing Bound. No need to wait for re-entry either!

Banned.

BG Level

You have to leave through the maw? You can't warp out or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    You have to leave through the maw? You can't warp out or anything?
    This is what the official site was implying, but I can't confirm as I didn't try. I can confirm that leaving via the maw allows instant re-entry though, and saves your time.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My bro and I are about to start this, just the two of us. Anything we should do? Just kill shit? We seriously only get 30 minutes every 20 hours?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    This is what the official site was implying, but I can't confirm as I didn't try. I can confirm that leaving via the maw allows instant re-entry though, and saves your time.
    alright, just tested it. you can leave via teleport or warp and keep your time remaining on visitant. didn't test dying but I can't imagine that being any different

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast