Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Exp Camps.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Exp Camps.

Hope this hasnt been made a thread already, but I hoped to alleviate some of the camp congestion by putting out some info on new XP camp areas. Post here if you find new high lvl spots.

I'll try to keep this updated.

1. Bibiki Bay has been revamped:

-Catoblepas -> Camelopards.
    -Rarabs added where previously there were none.
    -More Efts renamed Hypnos Eft.
    -All Hobgoblins are upgraded in level.

2. Tav Rams/Birds upped in lvl.

-400 per kill at 75, suggested 76+

3. IT++ Wyverns in Rivern B a bit deep in.

4. Ulleguard Range has like 20+ Eye spawns up on final ramp to Jorm, all IT+ to lvl 76.

5. Promies now have IT+ to 75 in areas.

6. Various Abyessea Areas? Need maps/locations.

7. Seaboard Vultures in Misareuax Once we got a continuous chain going we peaked at 25k/hr, with a COR but no BRD, synced to 75 while people got their 3 merits. Dropped a bit to ~20k/hr while synced to 76, but xp fatigue was also setting in and had broken chains.

Vultures are a tad evasive (I think all small birds have an evasion boost?) and they have the CoP TP menu, which means Broadside barrage (single target damage, weak) and Damnation Dive (conal AE damage/stun, annoying). But lots of spawns, 5minute respawn, no aggro/link and bonus for piercing makes it a nice camp for 75~77. All I saw were IT at 75, some VT at 76.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

just did Bibiki Bay gobs/bunny. was IT++ to 75s but we were seeing 150-180 xp even on chains. with emperor ring it was 250s. i think that zone is staying junked. although camps are full right now, hopefully we can find some new camps for lv 77+. would really suck to be fighting the same junk mobs for even worse xp up to 80.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure how viable of a camp it is, but IT spiders in Sacrarium, located in the back paths behind the 4 way paths(used to be a Stego there guarding it.)

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Chain 5 at Tavnazia (mostly on birds) was 400+ per kill. I see this camp more of a 76-77 viable option, and faster kills, I also see it being overcrowded in the days to come

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Birds are amazing. Did a 55+ burn on birds with COR roll doing 300+/kill. Easy to hit, did Marchx2 Chaos/EXP and was beasting them. Hate Colibri by comparison now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Had a good camp at the northern Seaboard Vultures in Misareuax tonight. Once we got a continuous chain going we peaked at 25k/hr, with a COR but no BRD, synced to 75 while people got their 3 merits. Dropped a bit to ~20k/hr while synced to 76, but xp fatigue was also setting in and had broken chains.

Vultures are a tad evasive (I think all small birds have an evasion boost?) and they have the CoP TP menu, which means Broadside barrage (single target damage, weak) and Damnation Dive (conal AE damage/stun, annoying). But lots of spawns, 5minute respawn, no aggro/link and bonus for piercing makes it a nice camp for 75~77. All I saw were IT at 75, some VT at 76.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Doing Darners (flys) in Riverne A right now. Need a scale to get to them; up on the northern most island where Aiatar spawns. Just about enough of them to keep a consistent chain, maybe a little too few for a fast burning group. Nothing to write home about, but steady exp if the rest of the world is packed to shit

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Repop timers for conquest areas still suck, with all the new exp areas added they need to adjust the repop times as well.

Exped at Greater Birds all day. They're definitely higher level and good exp to 80. Recommend syncing to 76 or 77 if possible though. Looks like there are enough mobs to support at least 3 parties.

The Ram level does not appear to be adjusted at all. Birds yield ~300 a kill (unchained) while rams yield 150-200 a kill.

Highly recommend a Whm healer due to Ram's HP down and Petrify tp moves and Greater Bird's tendency to deal out large amounts of aoe damage. They get especially spammy at low hp.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Currently killing idle wanderer's in Promy mea - base exp about 150 with a group of about 7 clumped together... very meh exp though not impressed so far.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone have any off the beaten path solo BLM camps? MZ is ridiculous and Ix'DRG/DRK are brutal as well. Aerns in general are okay but not fantastic solo.

I'm doing Cointeaches in Xarc S right now solo.

EDIT: Camp otw to Zvahl is miserable, you can do it fairly well but if SS gets broken you're pretty fucked as everything aggros hp nearby and the camp itself is tiny.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gigas Pets in Xarc S just as you enter from the OP might be decentish solo. I know I went to 75 on them in a duo and got like 12-15k per hour I think, was a long time ago so I forget. There's like 4-5 BST's in the area. The Gigas are really, really blind so aggro isn't that bad. Not sure if it's just the uneven terrain or Gigas in general though.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Back when Gargouille eyes were worth something I would camp at Xarc zone in Beaucidine. Not amazing experience but it wasn't bad IIRC.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    Repop timers for conquest areas still suck, with all the new exp areas added they need to adjust the repop times as well.
    Ul. Range eyes are 5 min. Bibiki Bay mobs are 5 min (the new ones atleast). and Mis. Coast birds are 5 min as well. Not sure about others.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wth is a good place for BLM to solo these days? Havent XPd/merited on BLM @75 in ages. Flans are of course taken, and aern and prince xp sucks compared.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Wth is a good place for BLM to solo these days? Havent XPd/merited on BLM @75 in ages. Flans are of course taken, and aern and prince xp sucks compared.
    I've never done this but someone I know burned to 78 on Gigas Tigers in Vunkerl .. or something like that.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Find 4 other BLM and some sort of refresh and princes/aerns work fine, just pull them in groups.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Find 4 other BLM and some sort of refresh and princes/aerns work fine, just pull them in groups.
    Ohh, thought of another seldom used camp. Way over on the left island of Zhaylom south of the Execution chamber is a rather unused spot with more wamouracampa. Had a party camp by a dead tree and we'd manaburn the wamouras away from the tree regular style, but then when the 2-3 that spawn directly on the tree appear, we'd all drop GA spells.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I visited the Gigas' Tigers in Xarc[S]... well I tried to, but there were people there killing the gigas left and right. There was a PUP finishing off the only one I actually saw before I gave up and moved to Beauc[S] to get my level up to 76 BLM.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Just tried that Vulture camp solo as DRG 77 and it works out fine until Damnation dive (Stun duration is too much). You do need cocoon to tank these hits; I suggest this as a duo (DRG + Anything that can cure during stun) spot for DRGs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast