1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 18 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 15 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

sry if this is already answered but..

will the quest npc´s have a "!" overhead or so?
    or are all quest npc´s have to be figuered oout like in ffxi

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by dortmunder23 View Post

From the alpha the answer is no. I hope they don't add it in either.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by dortmunder23 View Post

Nothing like this so far, but having a visual marker would considerably help, even if it's just on the minimap. You will waste as much time as you did in FFXI to find quest starter. Quest log at least give you more information this time, but you still need to find who to talk to after getting the location.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Though personally one huge monitor for me beats 3 smaller monitors.
    Why not 3 huge monitors? :3 gogogo 7680x1600!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    Already answered by FFXIVCore interview:

Q. Will there any type of achievements or trophies to show off defeated bosses or special things done?

A. Yes, we do have a lot of plans. For example, for some quests there will be special rewards. You might be able to get special title depending on what you do, there will be several different things you can get to show off what you've done.
    Oh I was wondering this, but more in the PS3 Trophy sense and less in the "Bye-Bye, Taisai" sense.

Lord Snow
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tubie Light
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Will the PC version of the game be available on Steam or any digital download service?

If yes, will it be at launch day or how long until it's available after launch?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Will you be able to change races while maintaining your character's progression?

Will you be allowed to choose your servers at launch?

Will there be any cameos by NPCs with open ended stories (lewkin ur way Tenzen + Gessho as your still waiting for us to visit probably ;o) from FF11? (meh question)

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

Est-ce qu'ils ont l'intention de combattre les RMT de facon plus rapide et efficace que FFXI.

Hello,

The FFXIV event is actually a 30min presentation but I'll try to corner him to ask a couple of questions. I'll choose these ones:

1 ) What is one mistake you made in FFXI that you won't be repeating in FFXIV? (Kalisa)
    2 ) What is one great thing you did in FFXI that you'll be sure to include in FFXIV? (Kalisa)

3 ) Are you considering implementing a Besieged/Conquest/Campaign style event from the beginning? (Hyan)
    4 ) Will there be haste? Will it fasten the recovery of action bar? (BRP)
    5 ) When can we expect the open beta? (Vimes)
    6 ) Will there be other pieces of equipment that will make a return? i.e. haubergeon (Vimes)
    7 ) Will you be able to make cosmetic changes to characters after creation? i.e. haircut (Tubie)
    8 ) FFXIV expansions: retail box or DLC scenarii? (Rustyhagun)

Most of the other questions are either already answered or have a great chance to get vague answers like "maybe", "you'll see at launch", "i dunno".
    I'll at least try to get the first two questions answered because they're unusual and very interesting. See you next week (don't hope too much tho).

If not too late could you ask about if they plan on having a level sync feature in XIV?

i think you should pick another question, there is a high change your answer will be very soon. That and the fact in one of the interview they said about a month or soon base on the translation

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    If not too late could you ask about if they plan on having a level sync feature in XIV?
    I'd also like to know this. Even though levels don't play the same role, I want to know what efforts will be made to allow lower level and higher level players to party together.

Personally I'd choose something other than 1, 2, 5, and 6. I think those answers are pretty predictable and won't really give us much information about the game, nor will they be suggestive questions.

Edit: Since I know a lot of people that are wondering, I throw out these questions on their behalf:

Are there any plans to have a roleplaying server in XIV? How do Japanese players roleplay compared to NA players?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

When if at all will you release a character creator for players to plan their characters with?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dagr81 View Post
    i think you should pick another question, there is a high change your answer will be very soon. That and the fact in one of the interview they said about a month or soon base on the translation
    They were talking about closed beta. The question is about open beta.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Open beta will happen when they've gotten the feedback they want and the game is more or less done and they want to stress test servers before release. You might as well ask him for the release date, you'll probably get the same answer.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, the open beta question is a bad one, simply because we know we won't be getting a concrete answer.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear the now-famous Blizzard reply:

"When it's done."

Edit: Ask about the fucking terrain! That shit is annoying! They need to at least give you the option to hop over small cracks and depressions ala. FFXIII!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by luciferu View Post
    Hello,

The FFXIV event is actually a 30min presentation but I'll try to corner him to ask a couple of questions. I'll choose these ones:

1 ) What is one mistake you made in FFXI that you won't be repeating in FFXIV? (Kalisa)
    2 ) What is one great thing you did in FFXI that you'll be sure to include in FFXIV? (Kalisa)

3 ) Are you considering implementing a Besieged/Conquest/Campaign style event from the beginning? (Hyan)
    4 ) Will there be haste? Will it fasten the recovery of action bar? (BRP)
    6 ) Will there be other pieces of equipment that will make a return? i.e. haubergeon (Vimes)
    7 ) Will you be able to make cosmetic changes to characters after creation? i.e. haircut (Tubie)
    8 ) FFXIV expansions: retail box or DLC scenarii? (Rustyhagun)

Most of the other questions are either already answered or have a great chance to get vague answers like "maybe", "you'll see at launch", "i dunno".
    I'll at least try to get the first two questions answered because they're unusual and very interesting. See you next week (don't hope too much tho).
    Whatever you do, don't ask the 1) question first if you want them to take your question serious, or at least, mix the first two in a single question.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Kalecgos

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Please ask this one.. be nice to see if we can level sync with friends.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Edit: Ask about the fucking terrain! That shit is annoying! They need to at least give you the option to hop over small cracks and depressions ala. FFXIII!
    I'm gonna second that one as well. The immersion is a concern for me at the moment, with the plainscape environments, doddering monsters, and characters that don't react intuitively to the landscape. Takes a lot away from the gorgeous world they've created.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast