+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Sanoske

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Most VW aftermarketers are fucking 'tards. It makes me hate the whole idea of owning a VW :\

Golfs and Civics, 2 cars I'll never respect unless driven by someone I know isn't a fucking idiot. (<3 sano)
    Why you gotta hurt me like that?

There are tons of cool people in the VW scene... its kinda extreme though. Either the person is a complete tool, or theyre awesome as hell. But I will say this, the cool VW people are the best group of car lovers you will find in any scene. I've never owned another car where you wave to strangers just because they own a VW. My girlfriend looks at me like Im nuts whenever I exchange a thumbs up or something with a passing VDub.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't know if it's just a hawaii thing, but most Subie owners (at least those with turbos) will flash lights, shaka, wave, honk their horn, etc. I've seen almost all Impreza owners (at the very least, WRX and up) do it

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fr34k View Post
    I don't know if it's just a hawaii thing, but most Subie owners (at least those with turbos) will flash lights, shaka, wave, honk their horn, etc. I've seen almost all Impreza owners (at the very least, WRX and up) do it
    I get tons of waves and I own a non-turbo, from STIs and WRXs. Just having an Impreza will get you tons of waves, but it doesn't really extend beyond to other models unless it's a clearly modded car. Wayyy to many grandmas drive subies.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Corvette owners do that a lot too(wave, flash lights, etc.). I've seen two Audi R8 drivers give a little wave to each other before too. It's always just seemed like a "You drive an expensive/modded car? Me too broski." kind of thing to me.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    I get tons of waves and I own a non-turbo, from STIs and WRXs. Just having an Impreza will get you tons of waves, but it doesn't really extend beyond to other models unless it's a clearly modded car. Wayyy to many grandmas drive subies.
    Guilty of this lol

I will usually wave to a clearly modded WRX/STi or if a "younger" person is driving a 2.5i or RS.

I also look for a NASIOC sticker lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's hard for me, I try to wave to other Denali owners but you usually can't tell until you see the badge on the side of the car >.>. I think I just need to start remembering what grills go on what trims.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

3000GT owners wave/lights/etc when I owned mine. There are Colorado specific 3/S boards and we all get together every now and then and cruise, usually once a month. Definitely not specific to VWs.

No one waves to me in my s15 because no one else drives one. Sometimes a 240 owner will honk, but it's much more rare than when I drove my 3k.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

other camaro owners wave at me. kind of a brotherhood thing, pretty neat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Friend of mine drives a Land Rover Defender, says there's a sense of brotherhood in people driving those as well.

Also: people who drive around in tuned/modded VW Golfs or other hot hatchbacks around here are generally douchebags (mostly chav-like). It's too bad they all mod them in the same shitty way, a nicely modded Golf can actually look really nice.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sath, if you're interested in the 944, look into http://forums.rennlist.com great tool for any problem you would have. Just make sure to change your timing belt / BS belt / w/pump when you got her if she doesn't have maint records, interference motor = timing belt breaks = motor is shit. Also parts aren't as super expensive as everyone makes them sound. http://www.paragon-products.com/ and http://www.pelicanparts.com/index.htm are the two main parts suppliers I use for my 944. Make sure to look at the different dash's (83-85.1) and (85.5+). Remember if you like the early dash better that 83's came with manual steering, and the manual racks are more desirable for track if that's your plans. Any other questions you have just PM me if you want!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nobody ever did waved to me in my Lexus IS because when I owned it and did work on it, practically nobody else owned one. That and 99% of other Lexus owners are 55+ years old. I feel left out.

Thanks for the info Awoir! Got any pics of your 944?

Quick question to the mechanically inclined lot:
    Is there some sort of "Staggering Retards guide to car maintenance"?

Hoping to get my first car soon and while it'd be easy to just shoot it off to a mechanic when it starts to sound or act strange I'd rather learn to maintain the car or fix smaller problems myself.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Quick question to the mechanically inclined lot:
    Is there some sort of "Staggering Retards guide to car maintenance"?

Hoping to get my first car soon and while it'd be easy to just shoot it off to a mechanic when it starts to sound or act strange I'd rather learn to maintain the car or fix smaller problems myself.
    Look into forums that are specific to the car you are buying. That would be your best bet. You should get a heads up on service bulletins that get put out for car, decent sponsors that sell parts, and a lot of mechanical info.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I don't have a picture of mine, but I drive a Deep Black VW 2006 Passat 2.0T.

Very smooth drive. I like it a lot.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gaimear View Post
    Beautiful.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I know lol, I had been looking FOREVER and was about to drive 400miles to pick up a black 06 with a wing, and then this popped up at the local bmw dealership. And I've always wanted an Aspen White/wingless WRX.

I came when I saw her on the lot lol

Assanginator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm sorry for the ongoing questioning, but I just got the insurance in my parent with the different last name, and I was put on the "Excluded List."
    I'm completely confused on the terms of liability vs. full coverage, and I haven't found any information that says I can drive my car, which is in my parent's name, with liability insurance which is also in my parent's name. The current insurance is a cheap one, but I am certain there is no "Excluded List" on Progressive, which is what we used to have.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by gaimear View Post
    I know lol, I had been looking FOREVER and was about to drive 400miles to pick up a black 06 with a wing, and then this popped up at the local bmw dealership. And I've always wanted an Aspen White/wingless WRX.

I came when I saw her on the lot lol

Awesome choice, you will not be disaapointed.

Just please, dear god get it tuned correctly when adding those aftermarket parts.......... encountered a individual the other day who didn't believe he needed a tune anytime soon.

Yet, he was going to get a FMIC installed soon.

*sigh*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag