+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

I saw a few Dodge Darts, all black unmarked, recently in Brooklyn. You can still tell they are cops because they have the guard on the front, but when those little things zip by you they look menacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I saw a few Dodge Darts, all black unmarked, recently in Brooklyn. You can still tell they are cops because they have the guard on the front, but when those little things zip by you they look menacing.
    When i visited Manhattan, there were police cars that were Prius

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weederr33 View Post
    When i visited Manhattan, there were police cars that were Prius
    Those are just Traffic cops. They direct traffic and give parking tickets. They aren't the full-time, car chase cops.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Used to drive an 05 A4, but this weekend, a friend of mine accidentally rolled it. So, I'm in the market for a new(to me) car. You all seem to know your shit here, so if anyone's ridiculously bored, and had suggestions on what to shoot for with about an 8,000 price range. I would really appreciate it!

I can point you towards a plethora of vehicles... too many to be honest. Can you narrow down what you are looking for a bit? Does AWD/4WD matter? Luxury, sport, suv, truck, sedan, etc?

Any specific brands you like or would rather avoid? I'm not at all big on german vehicles. I see some really nice Volvo S60R's in the 50K mile range for around 9K, 07 or 07 models.

Also where are you from? It's easy to search used vehicles on Cars.com, and with a general idea of where you live can narrow it down to vehicles close to your location.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I live in Northern NJ, so AWD is a plus. But not a must. FWD gets around just fine, just a little harder. I'd say no to RWD overall, for my job I can't be stranded at home for snow. Make doesn't really matter. I just want something reliable. Doesn't even have to be that pretty. I work full time and go to college full time. Can't afford to have something unreliable. And it will soon be too cold for the motorcycle.

I recommend a subaru lol. You'll never get stuck due to bad weather.

There is a plethora of models, all are very reliable. In the 9k range I did a quick check using Paramus Zip code (this vehicle being 26 miles from Paramus).

You can easily budge them down to the 8k or slightly under 8K figure you want. Mileage is low so you'll get years of use out of it. Wagon, so you have tons of cargo space without having to drive a big ass SUV. And of course, the AWD for shitty Northern NJ roads in the winter and late fall/early spring.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...8985/overview/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I appreciate the help. Subarus normally scare me but that's only because the only people I know that drive them... Are idiots and they end up wrecking the engine. Although I have heard good things about longevity. I don't know much about cars, so I appreciate any and all help.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesio View Post
    I appreciate the help. Subarus normally scare me but that's only because the only people I know that drive them... Are idiots and they end up wrecking the engine. Although I have heard good things about longevity. I don't know much about cars, so I appreciate any and all help.
    That's pretty limited to the WRX Sti's. Subaru makes a variety that wouldn't be the type to rag out. I'm not a Subaru "fanboy", but there is a reason why they have the top 5 vehicles in the Kelley Blue Book Top 10 AWD cars list. They are pretty much the go-to when it comes to sedans/estates in awd. If you want an SUV, I'd recommend Jeep Grand Cherokee or Land Rover(not sport).

Non STI WRX's as well, but yeah 100% true. When you are increasing the power the car is designed for by 30-70%..... you are going to break shit. That isn't anyone's fault, it's just the way the game is played.

And yeah once you get into larger cars.... Subaru isn't so special since everyone and their mother offers 4WD or AWD options on Compact and Full Size SUVs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sadly that one you posted already has 2 deposits on it. But I found one similar for around the same price a little further away. Going to check on it tomorrow! I truly do love AWD and my audi never disappointed in the snow. So if subaru is anything like my Audi was, I think it will be a nice fit.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesio View Post
    Sadly that one you posted already has 2 deposits on it. But I found one similar for around the same price a little further away. Going to check on it tomorrow! I truly do love AWD and my audi never disappointed in the snow. So if subaru is anything like my Audi was, I think it will be a nice fit.
    You won't have to deal with the bs VW electric problems.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    You won't have to deal with the bs VW electric problems.
    Not to mention parts and labor is going to be cheaper.

Interior won't be as cushy as the audi. You'll be better off with the Subaru though trust me lol.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    Interior won't be as cushy as the audi. You'll be better off with the Subaru though trust me lol.
    I had a 99 Outback, now a WRX, and my brother has a legacy circa 2000. They're all great cars.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm pushing hard for the Subaru. Going to go check out some places over the next few days to see what I can swing. Will post pictures once I finally pull the trigger!

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Drive a '10 WRX can confirm, awesome car. Great in the snow and even better in the summer. I live in CT

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Just adding my voice to the Subaru love. I have a '11 Legacy (6 cylinder automatic). I'm still very happy with it and have never had any problems with it (major or minor).

so going back to my post from months ago, I just got around to addressing my car. Apparently the turbo went (at 95k, is this normal?). Any advice on how easy it is to find an OEM turbo and drop it in? I've been perusing NASIOC but haven't had too much time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag