+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    So I bought a 97' Honda Civic from a friend so I didn't have to drive my Subaru to and from work and put on empty miles. I've made my WRX into a weekend drive and it's paying dividends, allowing me to save money on gas, keep miles off my car and I can work on it without worrying about finishing the project. Well today I decided to bring my WRX to work because I felt like spoiling myself with a nice ride. Driving down 91N in MA at 5:30AM and what do I see dart in front of me? A fox. I'll save you all the gory details, but I CRUSHED that fox so hard. If the fox was aiming for the middle of my bumper, it gets a 10/10 in the fox Olympics. I hit that furry fiend and I knew, I knew my bumper was done for. I get to work and my bumper is cracked and my whole undercarriage plastic is dangling. Now I get to pay, yet again for a new bumper, because mother nature has a cruel sense of humor. SO INFURIATING.
    At least it is just the bumper, could've taken out the intercooler too.

Top Mount if it's still stock.

Man if you hit it with the civic it would have cost you like $100 for a bumper at most lol. Damn you mother nature.....

I'm looking into a vehicle myself. My wife is completely obliterating the miles on her lease. I'm thinking Crown Vic or something like a Corolla/Camry/Civic.

Finally got a beater. The process confirmed my thoughts about every used car dealership in existence. They exist for the sole purpose of selling you a car for the most amount of money possible, right before it's about to blow up. Keeping mind I flat out told the owners at these dealerships I was a mechanic, and if they didn't waste my time I wouldn't waste there. I LOVE cars, and fucking hate buying them lol. I am not a mechanic, in the sense that I'm not certified, but they didn't need to know that.

So the first dealership has a 07 Yaris with 160K listed, and a 04 Chevy Aveo. The Aveo had 67K Miles, and was listed at 4K. The Yaris had 145K, and was listed at $6,500. Both cars looked great in the pictures (they always do). Owner told me they were trade in, not purchased through an auction. So I go in figuring if the Aveo is good to go I can knock him down maybe $500-$1000. Yaris I could get $1500 off since it was listed so high. I was looking to spend a MAX of 7K, but would of been happier in the 4K range.

Well the Aveo looks phenomenal outside. Start it up, runs great. Heat comes right one, no odd noises, all of the HVAC and Radio buttons works. Then I lift the hood, glad I didn't test it before hand. The spots in the engine bay where the front shocks mount to the car.... completely rusted out. To the point the metal was flaking off as I was poking it with my fingers. The car wasn't even safe to test drive, let alone safe to pass NYS Inspection.

Pissed off, I turn the car off and tell the guy to show me the Yaris. Heat doesn't fire up at all for the first 5-10 minutes. Some odd noises from the engine.... no knocking though. Front tires are shot upon looking quickly. I had honestly had enough of the process after him trying to pass on the aveo to me, so I asked him to give me the keys for a test drive. Test drive the car, the heat comes on Hot finally after 2-3 minutes of driving. Car rides decent otherwise.

I get back and offer the dude $4,000, if he puts 2 new front tires on and fixes the heat, assuming we will settle around 5K once we go back and forth. He offers me $6500 w/ 2 new tires. I kindly tell him, "I know you have more room than the $75 2 new tires are going to cost you. Give me a realistic price or I'll simply look elsewhere. He stands firm on the $6500. Ok see ya...

Next place is a piece of junk rinky dink car dealership that had a lot of Taurus' on the lot. They are great beaters because the parts are cheap and they run forever. They try and sell me an 02' w/ 160K for $5,000. Front suspension blown out, but they agreed to fix that first. Engine starts smoking as we get back from the Test Drive..... So I leave there without making a deal. Kind of pissed at the process me and the wife decide to just check some cars out on the side of the road (private sellers) on the way home.

3rd car we see is an newer Taurus, dark blue, 110k. Call the number, and it's basically a diamond in the rough. Full service history, one owner, owner serviced at every interval, new tires w/ road hazard warranty. The owner and her Boyfriend/husband are car people, 2 vintage fully restored 60's SS Camaro's in the garage The only problem is the ABS light was on, $20-$80 fix depending on how many sensors are bad. We settle on $2350.

Now my wife can commute in this car and I won't have to buy the Rogue out at the end of the lease. I like the car, but don't like the idea of buying it after the lease is up. She would have been over the mileage if she just kept driving it, to the point I would of had to buy it out.

Banned.

BG Level

05 v6 mustang convertible

only 40K miles. bought it last year from a family friend

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Just posting this for people's awareness of the limitations of the reactive 4WD that a lot of CUVs offer these days. (the CRV's the only one that failed AFAIK)

Naturally, such 4WD systems are probably more than enough for 95%+ of the people out there, and that's OK. Just be informed of what you're buying, that's all.

I saw this article on Facebook a couple days ago and started laughing my ass off. The CRV was the only one that flat out failed. The sad part is the average american driver wouldn't even notice lol.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Fucking pumped.

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/cwii-s...a-wrx-sti.html

Managed to snag this today for 100$ + my stock hood from someone off craiglist. Now my WRX looks sweet, and the hood is amazing.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Running 4.5 PSI currently plan to turn it up to 10 in January, made 591whp and 501tq through stock block and a P1SC2 procharger

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I hope you invested money in brakes and suspension.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

stock brakes, have upper and lower control arms for suspension mods. Ordering a set of Weld rims and 275/60/15 radials soon.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You'd do well to invest in some brakes, the GT500's stock brakes wear out pretty quickly on a stock set up.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Yeah I'm have the stock 5.0 brakes, not even the brembo package. Don't think the power I make now warrants a big brake kit, but an upgrade is definitely needed.

Just get a good quality pad/rotor and you should be fine.

The DBA T3's are getting phenomenal reviews online. Brake pads, pick your poison. DBA, Hawk, etc all make quality high performance pads.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

DBA is definitely on the list. Shutting the car down soon to mod it over the winter. Doing Weld RTS with radials in the back, changing the gear ratio from 3.73 to 3.31s (maybe lower haven't decided yet), and a smaller pulley to run 10psi. Also going to change the piping for my procharger, the current pipes hang low in the front coming from both sides of the intercooler.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Don't know the strength of the new ones, but upgraded to a stage 3 axles in the Terminator once it started popping stockers like candy after 700 hp.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by gamest3r View Post
    does any in here actually know my Skoda Fabia?
    What is there to know? Nothing special about economy VW. Unless you like boring.

I owned a Suzuki CBR 1400 but I can't post url to image of my beloved bike...

jean grey phoenix

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Decided to trade in my old car last month....

::Spoilered for ridiculously huge::

Spoiler: show

for something new....

It's the last year of the Evo, I just had to have one!

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Much want......
    Buying a house soon so wanted something more house worthy. Already in the market to add a S2000 though...

Traded in this

for this LTZ avalanche:

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph