+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Dolmen

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    right off vale road in Vienna, our neighborhoods, much like black people, all look the same
    Ha, I knew it! Vienna (and some of Oakton) have a very particular look to them, specifically the neighborhood streets.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

matt i'm picking your sister up in this car, tonight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/IMAG0029.jpg

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

BMW 330XI - I only have 1 crappy pic from my sister's old Blackberry when I first bought it:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2058j29.jpg

When I went to pick up it up fresh from the factory.. (Sort of. Had it built and shipped to my dealer).

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...6_32724604.jpg

And a driveway shot.. with the woman's Tiburon in the background.

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...2_33382556.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post

RX-8

That's a couple weeks old from my trip to Florida.
    The RX-8 is a fucking beautiful machine. I'm on the fence right now if I should buy one now or wait until after I get my masters in ~two years and just get a get-around-vehicle for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajii View Post
    Pics of S2K now!!!

I've always wanted to fully build an S2K

Which do you like better as far as handling?

I posted one in the last thread, to which people tried telling me I was bull shitting and it wasn't mine. I planned on meeting a few BG'ers at Englishtown Raceway Park, and of course none of them showed up. I'll see what I can find picture wise, all my old pictures got fucked when my old computer crashed.

The Miata is a MUCH better handling car in my opinion. That was not until I changed out the front and rear sway bars and added the front strut tower bar (So around $1,000 in mods to surpass the S2K in handling). The Miata is obviously not as powerful as the S2K, but the Miata is also a lot lighter (50/50 power/weight ratio bone stock).

I'm considering an LS1 (V8) swap once I have gotten all I can out of this 2.0 Liter. I will either go with that, or toss a supercharger in the stock 2.0 Liter. I want to get into Autocross eventually, so the supercharger will help more with that than the turbo will. That won't be for a while though, the Ohlins coilovers that are coming in soon set me back almost $2,800 alone >_<;;

I did run the car at Limerock Park in Connecticut a couple weekends ago. That was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    The RX-8 is a fucking beautiful machine. I'm on the fence right now if I should buy one now or wait until after I get my masters in ~two years and just get a get-around-vehicle for the time being.

Mazda won't be making the RX-8 anymore. So if you want to buy new, you'd better get on it. Shop in the winter if you are buying from a dealership, it's off-season for sports cars and you will get a much better deal.

If you haven't driven a rotary before, sign up on an RX-8 forum and start reading. There is some special care required for them (ie. letting the engine get to normal operating temperature before shutting the car back off).

Aside from that, just prepare for the atrocious gas mileage. It's an awesome car otherwise.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    (ie. letting the engine get to normal operating temperature before shutting the car back off).
    That's good advice for any performance engine, especially if it's turbocharged.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah they are very nice cars, if you can afford it, I'd say go for it. I love the car myself, the mpg could be better, but it felt so good when I went and bought the car.

I dont do alot of driving it unless I go out on the town or hit the club or what not, even then I do most of my driving in my bike. Drive my acura while im in NC.

Like Quixon said, do your homework before you buy one.

Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Nesingwary

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/608d71f8.jpg

2004 Saturn Ion Redline. About 270 to the wheels and still gets 27 MPG.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fark, I thought I had a picture of my car up on photobucket, but I R Fail. Have a 2008 Civic EX-L with the satellite radio/gps combo. Got a pretty good deal on it with an alarm for out the door under sticker price. 27k Miles on it, but that includes a trip to Anaheim + a trip to Washington to pick up my fiance's cats.

Also Miz, I know now for a fact now your white. No way in hell a black man in the south drives a lexus without getting pulled over on suspicion of auto theft

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

In all its glory.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...Photo-0042.jpg

First car, don't be dissing.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Also Miz, I know now for a fact now your white. No way in hell a black man in the south drives a lexus without getting pulled over on suspicion of auto theft

lol. They see me and assume the Steelers are in town Luckily Charlotte is one of those cities that has a lot of old money, so you get jaded to seeing Jags, Lexus' etc. around lol. Now if I am driving thorough Hidden Valley, which is my old neighborhood, then I get cops that will run my plates and what not. That is a bad, bad, bad place but I spent 18 years there so they have no reason to stop me so they dont. Now if im riding around with some of my friends that still live there I will get pulled over because most are either gang members or known niggas from the hood that just hustle and do work.

Its all good, I got nothing to hide.

Its all good, I got nothing to hide.
    That has yet to be proven!

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That has yet to be proven!
    Well depending how far back you look, if you go back to when I was 16 and 17 there are lots to see. Nothing recent

Mazda won't be making the RX-8 anymore. So if you want to buy new, you'd better get on it. Shop in the winter if you are buying from a dealership, it's off-season for sports cars and you will get a much better deal.

If you haven't driven a rotary before, sign up on an RX-8 forum and start reading. There is some special care required for them (ie. letting the engine get to normal operating temperature before shutting the car back off).

Aside from that, just prepare for the atrocious gas mileage. It's an awesome car otherwise.
    ...fuck me with a goat's dick, of course they are. I guess because I started showing interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Yeah they are very nice cars, if you can afford it, I'd say go for it. I love the car myself, the mpg could be better, but it felt so good when I went and bought the car.

I dont do alot of driving it unless I go out on the town or hit the club or what not, even then I do most of my driving in my bike. Drive my acura while im in NC.

Like Quixon said, do your homework before you buy one.
    I can afford it, but the question is if I have the financial courage to do so. I have zero income now, and will have zero income for at least another two years; so spending that much on a car while dealing with the other bills is quite the financial burden on my savings. I was convincing myself that I could wait a few years and buy one when everything settled, but if they're going to stop making it... well, grah.

I've always seen driving as a tedious chore that made me borderline anxious at times. Moreover, I've never been into cars all that much, but I had the privilege to drive an RX-8 a few months ago. It's like all baggage that came with driving and having a license just went away.

First time I ever held the gas down for longer than a second or two. It was great.

tl;dr: Yay RX-8 I'm in love.

Banned.

BG Level

i'm surprised buy the amount of riders on bg, does anyone do moto?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Also, bitches love RX-8's, this is always a plus.

Edit: I dont meat, im very new to bikes, that Hayabusa is my first, I bought it in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    That's good advice for any performance engine, especially if it's turbocharged.
    Yes, but with the Renesis engine... you can actually flood the engine and render it completely useless. I believe the Rotaries burn a good bit of oil as well, so if you aren't one to stay on top of vehicle maintenance it isn't the car for you.

If I could fit a 4th car at my house, it would more than likely be an RX-8 or Nissan 370z. I just don't have the room anymore since I have the Miata, Jeep, and my fiancee's Scion TC. Or I can move from a house to a condo, get rid of the miata and buy a Nissan GT-R. The fiancee will have none of that though lol.

Guy I was bullshitting with at Limerock was there with his GT-R. He had just put on an $8,000 full titanium exhaust a couple days prior O_o.

Edit:

Mazda will be developing another Rotary Sports Car. They may go back and re-release the RX-7, or release an entirely new RX-9. You can bet with the terrible recent sales volume of the RX-8's (only sold 2200 of them in 09 in the US), the car will more than likely be completely re-modeled. The engine will also be completely different, since another main reason for the discontinuation of the car is it's inability to pass Euro-5 Emissions in Europe. They will be discontinued after the 2011 model year from what I have seen. You might be in even better position to buy a new RX-8 if some are still on the lot after they are discontinued (hefty dealer rebates), the problem is that it's going to be a crap shoot finding one. You should start seeing the RX-7 Remake or the RX-9 (w/e replacement they go with) in 2013.

Banned.

BG Level

brass balls starting out on a 1300, my 1st was a ninja, i think it was 600 maybe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag