+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

1990 Audi Coupe Quattro 20v (Bone stock minus the tint)
    http://i50.tinypic.com/9urtiv.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/dd01oz.jpg

1990 Volks Corrado G60 (2.5" Exhaust/etc.)
    http://i46.tinypic.com/13z3h39.jpg

Daily driver for travel/gas/etc. (Toyota Paseo). 1990 was a good year for wine.

Sanoske

^ Nice 'Rado. I actually love the old Quattros too. Good to see at least one other person on here owns a VW.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro 20v (Bone stock minus the tint)
    http://i50.tinypic.com/9urtiv.jpg
    http://i46.tinypic.com/dd01oz.jpg
    ^ Badass!

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...y/z9929613.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    GDI ecks. I'm still a few months from my 2011 camaro going to be black with the dark grey stripes. How is it to drive? Worth the cash?
    I'm a Camaro guy through and through. First real car was a blue 91 RS with T-Tops. Still have it in my yard and will definitely restore it when I get the cash. But regardless, from the second that I saw the new Camaro when they unveiled the concept in 2006 I knew I had to have one. I didn't think I'd be able to afford it at 23 though by any means. But it's definitely worth the money to me. I love the car to death.

It takes a little bit to get used to the vision and what not. But once you're used to it. It's definitely worth it. I love this thing man. I said I was going to order one when they started preorders in October of 09. But didn't because I didn't think I could afford it. I went and saw one in July last year for the first time in person at a dealer and sat in it and decided that I had to have it. Checked finances to see if I could afford it and decided to go for it. Went to like 10 dealers and called another 10 or so to see when they would have allocations to order it. None of them had any for months and the ones who would them shortly were charging way way over MSRP.

I walked into Elkins Chevrolet in Marlton, NJ as a last ditched effort, and they had an allocation the next week. I went home built one on their website and just went in the next day as soon as they opened and ordered it. It took them about three months to build it and ship it to the dealer. That might have been the longest three months of my life.. but totally, totally worth it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

My car before the Evo X.
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4615/p1260911.jpg
    I miss it sometimes... Evo is refined and precise. STI was a beast.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kajii View Post
    My car before the Evo X.

I miss it sometimes... Evo is refined and precise. STI was a beast.
    Nice... your evo is definitely an upgrade but STIs are great too, but I think new Evos are better than new STIs =/ Although I wouldn't complain about having either! AWD power ftw.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What I miss mostly about the STI was the boost just suddenly kicking in. The X is pretty linear with it's power delivery, but the handling is just sooooooo nice. Makes a newb look like a pro. lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Eckskalibur View Post
    I'm a Camaro guy through and through. First real car was a blue 91 RS with T-Tops. Still have it in my yard and will definitely restore it when I get the cash. But regardless, from the second that I saw the new Camaro when they unveiled the concept in 2006 I knew I had to have one. I didn't think I'd be able to afford it at 23 though by any means. But it's definitely worth the money to me. I love the car to death.

It takes a little bit to get used to the vision and what not. But once you're used to it. It's definitely worth it. I love this thing man. I said I was going to order one when they started preorders in October of 09. But didn't because I didn't think I could afford it. I went and saw one in July last year for the first time in person at a dealer and sat in it and decided that I had to have it. Checked finances to see if I could afford it and decided to go for it. Went to like 10 dealers and called another 10 or so to see when they would have allocations to order it. None of them had any for months and the ones who would them shortly were charging way way over MSRP.

I walked into Elkins Chevrolet in Marlton, NJ as a last ditched effort, and they had an allocation the next week. I went home built one on their website and just went in the next day as soon as they opened and ordered it. It took them about three months to build it and ship it to the dealer. That might have been the longest three months of my life.. but totally, totally worth it.
    really great to hear. i've been drooling over those things for as long as i can remember. so close to being able to afford it finally i didn't want it to turn out to be hard to drive or something.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Surprised with all the subies here!

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske View Post
    ^ Nice 'Rado. I actually love the old Quattros too. Good to see at least one other person on here owns a VW.
    You must have missed my GLI on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    Surprised with all the subies here!
    Me too, I must be the only person in the world who finds them ugly

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske View Post
    I had a '99 Passat before the vehicle I have now. I loved it, very comfortable ride, great looking car both inside and out, and had a really great sounding stock sound system. But I'm not sure I'll ever buy another VW after seeing what the repair costs for every bullshit thing to go wrong in that car were.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    Edit:

I believe it was the 2013 Mustang that is coming out. I heard they are supposed to be pulling around 311 Horsepower at 33 MPG for the V6...... that's fucking insane if it's true.
    2011, 305,31...almost though

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Mansin View Post
    1995 3000GT VR-4. Black, single turbo converted with a T70.
    I looked for one of those a few years ago when I was buying a car. Not easy to find these days lol. Same with the early 90s 300z.

Always Cabrón!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lor'enzo Sasha
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I looked for one of those a few years ago when I was buying a car. Not easy to find these days lol. Same with the early 90s 300z.
    It takes a bit to find one locally from my experience, depending on where you live. The east coast is full of them, which is actually where I bought one from. They're fairly inexpensive considering how powerful they are, too.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Better shot of mine, she needs a wash

http://imgur.com/Jqdnv.jpg

Assanginator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Didn't feel like it was necessary to create a new Thread, but I have a question.

Right now I have a 96' Mitsubishi Galant. It runs but occassionally doesn't start, stops randomly on a stop light and makes a really loud noise when I turn on the air conditioning. The car itself was bought for $2,300 in 2003 and over $3,000 has been spent on it to repair it.

I have two options.

1) I can repair this car. I can get a new paint job and TRY to gets the problems fixed. I don't know any mechanics personally so this might be a problem. I'm also trying to get a fun ride/ street-racing so I plan on buying some part to mod it (i.e. cold air intake/ exhaust). I'll probably need a lot of help with this and the problem that I don't know any mechanics personally is also a problem. I'm estimating about $1500 - $2000 for the fixes.

2) Buy a used car. I'm thinking of getting a 95-99' Honda Civic. I'm not sure whether to buy it stock and do the mods myself, or buy it already customized. Price limits for the cars are stock: $2,000 and mod: $3,500.

I'd like help with this decision because there seems to be a lot of more experienced people here. And also what are some thoughts on mechanics/ some of your experiences with them/ how do you get your car fixed/ other options I should consider. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks!

Edit:
    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...hoto0201-1.jpg
    getting jump

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pogejr View Post
    I'm also trying to get a fun ride/ street-racing so I plan on buying some part to mod it (i.e. cold air intake/ exhaust).
    2) Buy a used car. I'm thinking of getting a 95-99' Honda Civic. I'm not sure whether to buy it stock and do the mods myself, or buy it already customized. Price limits for the cars are stock: $2,000 and mod: $3,500.
    Dude, get a VTEC, throw on a CAI, massive can and some flames/NOS stickers and you'll be running 11s in no time(forget the AC and roll your windows up, if you sweat it makes your engine run harder)

oh and if the flames don't seem to be working, get a wing, you're probably not getting enough downforce for them to kick in properly

Spoiler: show
    in all honesty, you're not going to see significant improvements from a CAI and an exhaust, so if you have financial issues buying a late 90s civic just save the money, 6 hp isn't gonna make your shit pop

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag